Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Hey ladies,Ive been MIA, but could use a distraction from real life so I'm back lol.

daviine 12-12-12 its the last repetitive date in our lifetime so that would be pretty cool!

You ladies' hair is looking fab...you make transitioning look easy!

Anybody bcing soon? Have you has more dryness issues with the cooler weather? I have for sure...may dc twice a week to help.

I'm 10 months post now....Ive decided I'm pretty sure I'll either bc on my birthday May 5 at 15 months or july 4 at 17 months.

I had a "moment" a few days ago and did a mini chop...I cut a good size handful of hair off. I meant to dust only but the shape of my hair was jacked up...I have breakage in the middle back area, so it was short there, but long on the bottom....it was a straight up mullet yall lol. I had to let the mullet go! I can still get it in a high bun, but I have to use bobby pins in the back so the hair that doesn't reach the top of my head doesn't stick out.

Rocking a loosely twisted protective style with a beanie today...

ForumRunner_20121205_094901.jpg

I dont know how long I've been transitioning, maybe 4-5 months, I have about 5' of new growth. I would love to bc but I need to wait until I reach shoulder length.

I have fine hair that tangles fast and even faster with the 2 textures. I found out that conditioning is UPER important. Infact I could not find a moisturizer that worked. So I begin to go overboard with oil rinses and added babasu oil to some cholestral conditioner and it worked like a charm.

I will be wearing a top knot, buns, bantu knots and sometimes flat ironed hair until june.

:look: It's Wednesday, so for me that means it's week-count day. Hmm...add the one, carry the four...:freakout: 52 WEEKS! I never thought I'd get to this day and I'm almost as happy as I'll be on BC day. :yay: I wish today was the day. I can't wait to go from this :gorgeous: to this :afropick:. 29 more weeks to go. :grin:

Last edited:
Hey ladies,Ive been MIA, but could use a distraction from real life so I'm back lol.

@daviine 12-12-12 its the last repetitive date in our lifetime so that would be pretty cool!

You ladies' hair is looking fab...you make transitioning look easy!

Anybody bcing soon? Have you has more dryness issues with the cooler weather? I have for sure...may dc twice a week to help.

I'm 10 months post now....Ive decided I'm pretty sure I'll either bc on my birthday May 5 at 15 months or july 4 at 17 months.

I had a "moment" a few days ago and did a mini chop...I cut a good size handful of hair off. I meant to dust only but the shape of my hair was jacked up...I have breakage in the middle back area, so it was short there, but long on the bottom....it was a straight up mullet yall lol. I had to let the mullet go! I can still get it in a high bun, but I have to use bobby pins in the back so the hair that doesn't reach the top of my head doesn't stick out.

Rocking a loosely twisted protective style with a beanie today...

View attachment 180385

Hey Leslie_C :wave: I was wondering where you were. I saw that tidbit about 12/12/12 and thought that would be a great date for a BC. Too bad I'm not really ready.

I did a trim and was tempted to minichop. I already can't wait to cut the back of my hair. I'm not sure if I'm going to do it on my next wash or wait a month or so. It's the most healthy partof my hair so I have no problem with that. Plus I have no need for the relaxed ends there; I don;t really do high buns.

I've been DCing twice a week. But no real reason--just because thats what I do when my hair gets too dry and/or unmanageable.

:look: It's Wednesday, so for me that means its week-count day. Hmm...add the one, carry the four...:freakout: 52 WEEKS!. I never thought I'd get to this day and I'm almost as happy as I'll be on BC day. :yay: I wish today was the day. I can't wait to go from this :gorgeous: to this :afropick:. 29 more weeks to go. :grin:

Congrats Dayjoy! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

My last relaxer was on a Saturday so I count on Saturdays. I was thinking of counting months now-- on the 12th. Not sure yet.

29 weeks? So you have BC date already? When is it?

Congrats Dayjoy! :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

My last relaxer was on a Saturday so I count on Saturdays. I was thinking of counting months now-- on the 12th. Not sure yet.

29 weeks? So you have BC date already? When is it?

June 26, my birthday. :grin: I realized that a year and a half was three weeks before my birthday, and summer seems like a good time to BC, so it will be my birthday gift to myself. :yep:

June 26, my birthday. :grin: I realized that a year and a half was three weeks before my birthday, and summer seems like a good time to BC, so it will be my birthday gift to myself. :yep:

Perfect! My birthday is next month so I won't be ready plus it will be winter so I have no clue when it will happen.

I have got to keep my hair stretched especially b my crown. So every night I moisturize and put my hair in 4 ponytails take it down in the morning and weary a bun or ponytail then repeat at night

sent from my galaxy

^^^^I need to do the same because I have major shrinkage and crazy coils in the middle and back of my head.

Only made it to 3 and a half weeks with the yarn braids. Gave me nice mini break from my typical hair regimen though. Luckily, I've got something of a mohawk so takedown time has probably been cut in half. Off to DC tonight.

Hey ladies. I just wanted to post a quick tip. I've had a lot of breakage in the back and my new growth was Sahara dry. I recently started spritzing it twice a day with an oil and water mix and it is baby soft.

In my oil and water, I use mainly olive oil and a little bit of castor oil as my carrier oils. I also have a few drops of the following essential oils that I got at an organic store: rosemary, lavender with tea tree, and peppermint. I want to try grapeseed as a carrier next because I've heard good things.

To be honest, I also have a little bit of spearmint, but that was only because I was out of peppermint at first; so I went to my kitchen cabinet...lol. The spearmint is strong and I don't know if I'll do that again.

My hair needs a trim. :nono: I am debating on BC'ing to the inch of new growth or just getting half of the relaxed hair cut off. Luckily my hair isn't that long- about 6 inches at the crown and sides. I've done "the BC" a couple of times and I usually get frustrated between 1-3 inches of natural hair, and then relax. I get tired of the same hairstyles at that length ( twist and coils)... Kind of ironic, because I'm limited to one short relaxed style at that length too. :ohwell:

Currently, the two textures and seeing long strands of hair break off isn't fun .I need a protein treatment and a trim, maybe I should just start with that :spinning:

Last edited:
I've been so lazy with my hair. :look: I've been wearing a wig or my hair under knit caps I have in various colors.

I need to do a deep condition soon.

Hey Ladies!

It's with a semi-heavy heart (I'm happy ya'll :yep: ) that my time here is over. After a day or two short of 31 months of my transitioning, I must announce that - I'm natural!

Today, I went for my yearly wash, blow dry, and flat iron. With a necessary trim (I hated it, but it was necessary as my ends were :nono: ), if I had any relaxed ends left, they are now gone!

The day went well. I visited a salon that specializes in natural hair (though heat is used often for clients). The stylist was very profession and respectable (e.g. no eating or any other craziness) and was okay with my hair (Okay, meaning not as good as my hands but I baby my hair, so there ya go). In other words, she's worth another trip. I didn't share my time with anyone else and for that, my experience was good. (I have no clue to what my curl pattern is or what my length is - I believe I'm a bsl-partially mbl - correct/help! Thanks!)

Since this story is worthless without pictures, here ya go:

Attachments

• Before1!.jpg
    Before1!.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Before2!.jpg
    Before2!.jpg
    515.7 KB · Views: 190
  • After1!.jpg
    After1!.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 171
  • After2!.jpg
    After2!.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 182
Hey Ladies!

It's with a semi-heavy heart (I'm happy ya'll :yep: ) that my time here is over. After a day or two short of 31 months of my transitioning, I must announce that - I'm natural!

Today, I went for my yearly wash, blow dry, and flat iron. With a necessary trim (I hated it, but it was necessary as my ends were :nono: ), if I had any relaxed ends left, they are now gone!

The day went well. I visited a salon that specializes in natural hair (though heat is used often for clients). The stylist was very profession and respectable (e.g. no eating or any other craziness) and was okay with my hair (Okay, meaning not as good as my hands but I baby my hair, so there ya go). In other words, she's worth another trip. I didn't share my time with anyone else and for that, my experience was good. (I have no clue to what my curl pattern is or what my length is - I believe I'm a bsl-partially mbl - correct/help! Thanks!)

Since this story is worthless without pictures, here ya go:

Congrats!! Hair looks great!

This is the length that I am starting with and I am not planning on doing the BC anytime soon. The only reason as to why I would get a BC is when the new growth eats all the relaxed ends and I am left with no other choice.

Attachments

• My hair 1.jpeg
    My hair 1.jpeg
    37.8 KB · Views: 58
Back