Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Leslie_C

@daviine

I like this line and it definitely is a staple now.

I have tried.... and adore...

As I Am Coconut Cowash
As I Am Double Butter
As I Am Moisture Milk

I like these products great moisturizers :)

When I plan to do a twist out, I will use the double butter, and moisture milk together. I did a braid out with the Double butter and was pleased :yep: plus just using it along my edges and on my ends to freshen up during the week is great. :D Soft soft hair.

All Ive tried was the coconut cowash bc it was the cheapest product lol. I heard the twisting cream is good too...would like to try that out.

@mcbride3 usually once a week I prepoo with warm coconut oil and sometimes add honey and/or cheapie conditioner, shampoo with a sulfate free shampoo (CON Argan oil currently), and DC. Midweek I will cowash and do a regular rinse out conditioner in the shower. This last batch of twists I put in, I left in for 10 days and towards the end (around day 7 or 8) I cowashed them. Next time aroound I think Ill shoot for two weeks and cowash on day 7 and shampoo on day 14 when I take them down. My hair seems to be thriving...I think Ill start keeping it twisted for two weeks out of the month.

havilland OMG I totally forgot about that elasta QP breakage serum...I used to use that yearrrrrs ago. It reminds me of Nexxus Emergencee except a fraction of the price...I dont think Ive even seen it anyplace in a long long time. We dont have any BSS's where I live except for Sally's.

Last edited:

The Princess

JJamiah said:
Ladies what hair style are you first going to do when you first BC?

I will love to do a WNG with a side part. However I want my hair to be unstretched SL. Long ways to go, though.

Last edited:

The Princess

ZebraPrintLover said:
I been on a bun mission, think imma stay on it.....unless I get me some braids or something.

Yeah me too. The front of my hair is wavy and getting thick, I'm almost willing to cut the back but I know it wont lay flat. Therefore it's in a sock bun Probally for the remaining of the year.

Last edited:

ezina

Oo good question. Maybe someone should make a thread on that so it can get more exposure and responses.

I'm about 14 months into my transition and I have at least 22 months to go. The first style I think I will do are twists/twistouts or a wash and go. And after I play with that for a week or so, I'll go back to serious protective styling (with bi-monthly length checks with flat ironed hair) for another year or until I'm full waist length. After waist length, I'll enjoy my hair more and protect style less. Can't wait till all this goes down!

daviine

PinkSunshine77 said:
My hair is crunchy with this Eco styler. Washing ASAP...tomorrow i'm tired.

PinkSunshine77

I just recently tried the Olive oil ecostyler and it was decent. My hair isnt crunchy. I used it on freshly cowashed hair over some Leave in conditioner. I was planning on doing a search to read how people use it in order to get the most out of it.
How did you use it?

How does everyone else use it?

daviine

PinkSunshine77 said:
Uh oh I discovered the Pin curl set with Hair Crush on YT. I'm in love. I'm going to try it this week.

I'm on phone... Sorry for not multiquoting. I saw that video too but haven't tried them yet. I love pin curls but have been too nervous to try them. Keep me posted on how yours come out!

Last edited:

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
PinkSunshine77

I just recently tried the Olive oil ecostyler and it was decent. My hair isnt crunchy. I used it on freshly cowashed hair over some Leave in conditioner. I was planning on doing a search to read how people use it in order to get the most out of it.
How did you use it?

I used it after washing, then putting leave ins. When I dont use enough EVOO in it, I get crunchy.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I'm on phone... Sorry for not multiquoting. I saw that video too but haven't tried them yet. I love pin curls but have been too nervous to try them. Keep me posted on how yours come out!

thanks will do! I think I've watched this video 5x already. I had no idea you could do curls without having to sleep on uncomfortable rollers. I have the satin pillow rollers but still a little uncomfortable.

JJamiah

Going to henna again this week. My edges are not colored. Going to sleep over night with it so it will take well.

shortt29

JJamiah said:
Going to henna again this week. My edges are not colored. Going to sleep over night with it so it will take well.

I will probably henna this weekend...starting to see a little grey popping out in front.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang

Still might hide in a bun.
Might go get it flatironed just to know how long it is LOL

Yeah me too. The front of my hair is wavy and getting thick, I'm almost willing to cut the back but I know it wont lay flat. Therefore it's in a sock bun Probally for the remaining of the year.

Its just so much easier, I dont have to worry about this Texas heat messing up my style and all that craziness.

PinkSunshine77

How did you use it? I put mine on after my LI and M&S and I use the Argan Oil kind right now.....Use it on a daily basis or whenever I need to look presentable. I didnt use any today and it still looked decent, just not as sleek.

The Princess

Read in another post a 4a hair type, pre treat her hair with conditioner then shampoo. Will try that today or later this week.

I will with cowash or shampoo tonight.

Last edited:

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
I was trying to hard to take a pic of my NG but dang, I couldn't do it. I couldn't get a good picture at all even with added light. How do ladies get good pics of their NG? I'm trying to document my entire transition/hair journey and taking pic from the back are always hard, blah.

MsDee14

shrinkage is crazy. This is just my widows peak too.

My goal for one year post is for the front of my hair to reach my nose. Crossing my fingers.

Attachments

• photo (23).JPG
    photo (23).JPG
    365.2 KB · Views: 44

MsDee14

I was trying to hard to take a pic of my NG but dang, I couldn't do it. I couldn't get a good picture at all even with added light. How do ladies get good pics of their NG? I'm trying to document my entire transition/hair journey and taking pic from the back are always hard, blah.

hmm..back of the hair is hard. You may need to enlist help. Or place a white piece of paper underneath the hair so you can clearly see the new-growth.

PinkSunshine77

New York's Finest
hmm..back of the hair is hard. You may need to enlist help. Or place a white piece of paper underneath the hair so you can clearly see the new-growth.

No one is ever here LOL I'm a SAHM and when I'm trying to take my Pics my Hubby is not home. The babies are too little to help. That paper is a good idea! I was hoping I didn't have to wet my hair everytime I want to take a pic.

Meemee6223

Something wrong with the crown of my head! It breaks easily and always feels very dry there. It's also very short. A piece is sticking out of my braids and I'm trying to figure out why that area is so short.

Leslie_C

JJamiah when I BC Im likely going to color too...and rock a hot twistout I hope! I need to Henna too...Im well overdo.

I will probably henna this weekend...starting to see a little grey popping out in front.

shortt29 I almost fell out of my chair back in June when I noticed m first gray...it was a springy gray hair that popped out straight from the root. I plucked that sucker...but old wives tales say if you pluck one, 3 will grow back lol. My husband is getting gray around the temples and not happy about it lol.

Something wrong with the crown of my head! It breaks easily and always feels very dry there. It's also very short. A piece is sticking out of my braids and I'm trying to figure out why that area is so short.

Meemee6223 You are probably like me and that is your trouble area. You have to really baby it and apply extra product there. When you moisturize or DC, apply it to that area first and apply extra for good measure. Make sure you keep it moisturized even if that means multiple times a day bc it will break off if it is dry. Mine is stubborn and at first I was putting something on it 2-3 times a day. Now it is finally retaining moisture better and I can get away with once a day. Be extra gentle with that section when detangling too. When I come out of the shower to detangle, I was doing 4 sections, but now Im doing 6 and the 2 middle sections are the crown. Its working well. I see you are in braids right now, so I would spray it down reallly good and seal it with oil often. I think the synthetic hair can pull moisture from your hair too.

daviine

I'm in Florida. I remember I used to love doing carry-on so I wouldn't have to go to baggage claim but now it's not so great. The limitation on the toiletries is killing me so all I brought with me was Tresemme gel because i couldn't figure out how to pack my gel. I bought a travel size. I brought a serum but I cant wait to see what my hair does in the humidity. I am so annoyed that I have all these products at home that I need to use up but I couldn't bring them because I wasn't checking my baggage.

I need to go buy a hair trap/hair catcher so I don't clog my husband's uncle's tub. That would be awkward. I brought my Hair One samples so we'll see how that goes.

Walmarts are everywhere but I can't buy anything because Delta makes you pay to check baggage. We just landed and I think I'm already over budget, lol.

Thanks for reading my ramblings.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Read in another post a 4a hair type, pre treat her hair with conditioner then shampoo. Will try that today or later this week.

I will with cowash or shampoo tonight.

I do this too. I dry DC, wash, and then CW sometimes; if not I jump out after the wash of shampoo.

I wash my hair Saturday and put it in a sock bun Sunday. I ran 4-5 miles Monday and my hair is still holding up today.

Are you a freq runner, if so how often are you washing your hair? I walk/jog daily at the minimum of 3 miles (today I did 4) and I wash on Fridays and CW on Tuesday, just to make sure that the salt isnt drying my hair out.

I am stilling learning, I dont feel like asking for help so I basically said F it. I wish I could get a decent pic because my edges is wavy but the inside is coily. :ohwell:

shrinkage is crazy. This is just my widows peak too.

My goal for one year post is for the front of my hair to reach my nose. Crossing my fingers.

Love your nail color.....:yep:

I would spray it like Leslie said with a moisturizer.

Meemee6223 You are probably like me and that is your trouble area. You have to really baby it and apply extra product there. When you moisturize or DC, apply it to that area first and apply extra for good measure. Make sure you keep it moisturized even if that means multiple times a day bc it will break off if it is dry. Mine is stubborn and at first I was putting something on it 2-3 times a day. Now it is finally retaining moisture better and I can get away with once a day. Be extra gentle with that section when detangling too. When I come out of the shower to detangle, I was doing 4 sections, but now Im doing 6 and the 2 middle sections are the crown. Its working well. I see you are in braids right now, so I would spray it down reallly good and seal it with oil often. I think the synthetic hair can pull moisture from your hair too.