Transitioners: How Often Do You Trim?

dede1129

I am 6 months into my transition and since my stylist took off too much last time during my "trim" I am going to do my own mini trim tonight and I was wondering how often did you do a trim when you were trying to get rid of the relaxed ends? My ends are not split and look healthy but I wanna get rid of the relaxed ends cause you know how you wash you hair and see all that new growth and see those weak relaxed ends hanging on for dear life I am just like :nono:. My natural texture looks so much healthier and full I just have to stop myself from gripping the scissors and chopping it all off like a mad woman:lachen:.

I will post pics of my before and after trim tommorow.

Thanks Ladies!

Last edited:

blksndrlla

I don't trim often, but I know some ladies trim as they grow. Meaning they trim 1" every 2 months or 1/2" every month. That way they don't grow attached to the new length.

ladysaraii

I haven't trimmed since I started transitioning. I figured that if I made mistakes on my hair, the relaxed ends can take the brunt

LaFemmeNaturelle

I was initially gonna trim every 6 months. I just cut 3 inches last week. But I've decided I'm not going to cut at all and if they wanna fall off they can, but I won't need to cut since I don't wear my hair straight often.