HOW OFTEN?

Tjiui

How often can one dust hair? I have read it is better to get rid of split ends, than leave them because split ends cause more hair breakage- I don't want to trim my ends, because I want to grow my hair, and dusting seems more appealing. However I have some split ends. Please advise
Tjiui

Integrity

you must cut the split hair off. if you dont for the sake of your hair appearing longer, the long hair wont look good! cut the splits and protect your hair with buns and moisture to the ends each day so they split less.

i think u can dust as you see is necessary

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
How often can one dust hair? I have read it is better to get rid of split ends, than leave them because split ends cause more hair breakage- I don't want to trim my ends, because I want to grow my hair, and dusting seems more appealing. However I have some split ends. Please advise
Tjiui

[/ QUOTE ]
This is what I plan on doing. I just got a trim(1-1/2 inch).
I decided to dust the tips once a month to keep my ends clean. I get between an average of 1-1 1/4 inch a month. So I'll still accumulate growth. That way I'll only have to trim 1/4 at my next touchup(October-November).

sweetcocoa

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I'm new here and maybe I just need to do a search but what is dusting?

[/ QUOTE ]
Dusting is when you just clip only the splits you see. Or sometimes for me I just 'nip' the very tips of the ends.