Toronto or GTA ladies

katie

What is in your opinion the best Beauty supply store in Toronto proper,not the GTA.The one with the widest range of products and also a lot of black products.Specifically one that sells Nature's Therapy products and Surge.
Have any ladies ever seen a BSS like this?(I don't know Torotno that well)

Thanks in advance

L.Mo.

When you say, "Toronto proper", do you mean downtown T.O.?? Or is Scarborough, Etobicoke etc. included (seeing as Mel made it all the "Mega-City"
)?

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

I'm almost never downtown so I wouldn't know. The only place I know of that sells surge is in the west end. But there is a bss in on the Danforth that has a pretty good selection of stuff. The name is NuYu International, 2682 Danforth Avenue, (416) 694-4261. You can give them a call and find out if their carry whatever it is your looking for.

L.Mo.

Gee, I wish I could be of more help. When I lived downtown I went to a BSS on Yonge Sreet, south of Charles on the East side. I can't remember the name. I wasn't huge, though... if I think of the name, I'll let you know.

My aunt and I were recently talking about Monica's beauty supply. She said that years ago (in the 60s) it was the only place you could find decent hair products. It is still very large. It is at Dufferin and Eglinton -- in the West Indian area of Toronto. It's not right downtown, but accessible by TTC.

Here's the info:
Monica's Beauty Salon & Cosmetic Supply 416-789-5722
1553 Eglinton Avenue West,
York, ON
M6E 2G9

You may want to PM Mzbrickhouse, or Nappi, they may be more familiar with downtown!

HTH!

kaykay

I don't know many places because I don't reside in toronto all the time now but I did grow up there and the only places that I know are in the west end to!

nappi

discount beauty supply
they have everything
on eglinton st(eglinton/oakwood)
right near eg. west station

katie

Thanks for the replies ladies!
Nappi,Is Discount beauty supply near to Bay and Dundas or accessible easily by subway?(I take the greyhound to Toronto and get off at the bus station and Bay and Dundas.)

shinyblackhair

Katie,

Discount Beauty is accessable via TTC. I haven't got a clue how to get there as my hubby drives though. Call them and ask. I know that it is about a 2 min drive and about a 15 min. walk from Eglinton West station. If you can get there than just hop on a bus and get off right at the lights near Discount Beauty. I don't think they sell Nature's Therapy though. The only one I know of that sells it is Beauty Supply Warehouse at Keele and Sheppard. I was just there last weekend. If I had know, I would have picked up whatever you wanted and mailed it to you. BSW is not downtown and it might be more trouble for you to get there.

Next time I'm planning to go, I'll give you pm.

shinyblackhair

You got mango butter there for $4.39!!!!! Okay, when hubby gets home we are going to da WEST tonight!

Is it still on for that price?

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

That's the regular price of it! I bought it for 9.95 someplace else a few days before, but luckly for me they gave me a refund cause it was a bad batch and smelt like rancid fruit...YIKES! You have to call before you go, cause the sell out fast!

shinyblackhair

What!
4.39 is regular price? Wow, I've paid $11.99 for this stuff in the town where I live and when I found it for $9.99 at the Beauty Supply Warehouse on Keele I thought that was so good, lol...

katie

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
Katie,

Discount Beauty is accessable via TTC. I haven't got a clue how to get there as my hubby drives though. Call them and ask. I know that it is about a 2 min drive and about a 15 min. walk from Eglinton West station. If you can get there than just hop on a bus and get off right at the lights near Discount Beauty. I don't think they sell Nature's Therapy though. The only one I know of that sells it is Beauty Supply Warehouse at Keele and Sheppard. I was just there last weekend. If I had know, I would have picked up whatever you wanted and mailed it to you. BSW is not downtown and it might be more trouble for you to get there.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks so much Shinyblackhair!I will go check out Discount Beauty and if I don't find I'll let you know for your next trip to the one on Keele and Sheppard.

Aalize

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
Katie,

[/ QUOTE ]

I never noticed the natures therapy there. Then again I haven't been to that particular location in a few months

L.Mo.

I've never been to Discount Beauty Supply, but it sounds like I have to go!! From the address -- 1557 Eglinton -- it looks like it is right near Monica's (not that I've been there, either!!).

L.Mo.

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
L.Mo is that your dog??? I want a yorkie sooooo badly! lol...

[/ QUOTE ]
This is actually not a pic of my Yorkie.. but I do have one! There are pics of my "Maggie" in my Yahoo album. I love her to pieces! I highly recommend them... very faithful and loving, not too big and they DON'T SHED!!

Aalize

[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
I bought my Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture and the hot oil treatment there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shiny,

How much did the Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture cost there?

Aalize

Sorry to gravedig this post. But just I discovered yesterday that there is a Sally's Beauty Supply in Mississauga. Their contact information can be found here: http://www.sallybeauty.com/international/canada.asp They've been open since January 31 of this year and they plan to have about 8 or 9 stores open by the end of this year in: Brampton, Whitby, Scarborough, and etc. I got a free Sally's Card too

Just lettin ya'll know

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
For Surge carriers, you can contact Surge at their toll-free number, 1.888.816.8144 or send an email to [email protected] and they can tell you what stores have Surge in your area. Just tell them your zip code and they'll find the stores nearest to u.

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

[ QUOTE ]
Aalize said:
Sorry to gravedig this post. But just I discovered yesterday that there is a Sally's Beauty Supply in Mississauga. Their contact information can be found here: http://www.sallybeauty.com/international/canada.asp They've been open since January 31 of this year and they plan to have about 8 or 9 stores open by the end of this year in: Brampton, Whitby, Scarborough, and etc. I got a free Sally's Card too

Just lettin ya'll know

[/ QUOTE ]

You are such a wealth of information...

shinyblackhair

[ QUOTE ]
Aalize said:
[ QUOTE ]
shinyblackhair said:
I bought my Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture and the hot oil treatment there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Shiny,

How much did the Nature's Therapy Mega Moisture cost there?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey there,

It was $11.99. Funny, I just used it for a co wash the other day and it was AWESOME!!! For some reason the first couple of times I used it I didn't care for it that much. I love it now and I like the smell too!
I'll be re-stocking soon!