Too Childish??

HairTemptress

Ok ladies i am trying to stretch my relaxer until june but im kind of tired of looking an absolute mess:ohwell:. To make it even worse its starting to get warm on campus so everyones starting to look cute. Now i was thinking about going to the hair dresser and getting her to braid two french braids with weave. Kinda like this..

Or this...

But i want it longer..like pocohantas braids.

What length weave should i get?

What kind?

Is this too childish??

Thanks Ladies.

hmmmm.....this is tricky. it MIGHT work.
i would need to physically see it with my own two eyes first.

You should get weave that would make the braids no longer than APL. IMO anything longer would appear fake

Girl, I say wear it how you want and rock it like no other! I guarantee you'll see a few girls then popping up with the same hairstyle. Happened to me every time I used to switch it up!

i would want the braids between APL and BSL... i saw someone with this hairstyle today. the only thing wrong with hers was the end was thicker than the braid so you can def tell where her hair stopped and the weave took over.

When i get them done i want the weave to blend into my hair, so you dont see the crazy thickness of the wave...you understand what im saying...lol.

Childish? No way! I wear my hair like that all the time but my hair isn't long.

I'll still be rocking that style even when my hair is longer. It's my favorite protective style.

DSC01737.jpg

DSC01735.jpg

I think this would be cute, but the actual style wouldn't last that long... it seems like the bigger the cornrows the faster they get frizzy. So would you want to keep going to get it redone? It would only last me a week, I am terrible at maintaining a style.

Childish? No way! I wear my hair like that all the time but my hair isn't long.

I'll still be rocking that style even when my hair is longer. It's my favorite protective style.

DSC01737.jpg

DSC01735.jpg

OOOOO PRETTY!... Is that your natural color. Its so pretty and shiny and dark! :lick:

OP. I'm planning to rock the big french braids/twists and buns this summer as well. I want to stretch as long as possible. Great thread!

anitriax 1 thanks so much...

i plan on doing two french braids just like in your pic ceebee3 except the french braids will be more centered and it will be braides straight back into two ponytails and not a bun.

I hope this works out, in my head i plan for it to look like my own hair, which just means i dont want it to be extremly noticeable where y hair and the fake hair begins.

fwilliams: i am pretty good at keeping a style i hope it can last a little more than one week but we will see. If i like the style enough i will most definately find someone on campus who can redo it.

I feel you, I am in the same boat!

Ok ladies i am trying to stretch my relaxer until june but im kind of tired of looking an absolute mess:ohwell:. To make it even worse its starting to get warm on campus so everyones starting to look cute. Now i was thinking about going to the hair dresser and getting her to braid two french braids with weave. Kinda like this..

Or this...

What kind?

Is this too childish??

Thanks Ladies.

it's not childish. I use to wear my hair like this often. if you can french braid it is actually easy to braid in the weave also. I'd do it over each day just because I didn't like the weave hair being on me overnight. . .makes me break out.

I wish I had some pics.

Or this...

What kind?

Is this too childish??

Thanks Ladies.

OMG! I'm in the same situation. I"m a little past 12 weeks and I have been using Megatek and BT so my ng is sick:spinning: Anywho, I"m trying to not relax until Sept:drunk: I'm going to get braids or a sew in but I don't know which one I want so in the process I"m looking a HAM and my co-workers are riding me:look: but I'm trying to stretch for a year:rolleyes: Anywho, I agree with the others. If, you want two braids, get your braids:grin: I betcha it's going to be cute.

I had it done before when I was a teenager. It was a popular style here for like a summer. She used that toyokalon hair with the curl in the end. I think it's called French Curl.

Back