14 Weeks Post Relaxer Question

mjeffers2

Ladies, I know this may sound silly.

I'm 14 weeks post relaxer (beginning of June) and I've been diligently taking my vitamins since the middle of June when my hair dresser chopped off my hair. Well like I said, it's week 14 right now of now touch-up and I know my hair has grown, but my new growth doesn't seem much like new growth. No one can tell that I've gone without a relaxer. I'm sure my texture has changed as a result of the vitamins.

But how long should I go without a relaxer? I thought going without a perm caused breakage. I would love to not get a relaxer, but with trying to up my exercise regimen, that doesn't seem possible unless I get braids, which I don't want at this time.

pyxis777

I would say, it depends on how much your hair dresser gives you heck about waiting "too long." If you hair dresser knows that you shouldn't relax too often, or doesn't relax evenly, I'd say wait until you feel like going.

In general I say wait as long as you can because the chemicals are harsh and you don't want to apply them too often. The longer you can wait, the better. Maybe strech to 20 weeks and then see how you feel.

BTW, which vitamins are you taking?

mjeffers2

I take Biotin, MSM, and Horsetail. I normally take Biotin, MSM, and Silica, but added the Horsetail after hearing about everyone's results.

MizaniMami

I'm in the same boat as you. I am about 10 weeks post relaxer and I don't think I have enough newgrowth to relax in four weeks. In some places I barely have an inch.

But then again last time I texlaxed so I really can't tell the diff. between my texlaxed hair and my newgrowth.

I say wait however long you can until you atleast have 2 inches of newgrowth.

Girl it's a struggle but we gotta do what we gotta do.