TOMATOES FOR HAIR GROWTH

so i was at the gyno today and he told to get my hair back right to eat atleast 2 tomatoes aday he said that thats y latinos have such beautiful hair and skin is because of the constant tomatoes in the diet. he said it would combat dryness of the skin and hair he gave me some vegtable vitamins he said the main ingredient in them was tomatoes so i will try this and see over the next month how much hair growth i have! anybody else ever heard of this?

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I haven't heard of that, very interesting!

Err-uuuuh....... What's the name of the vitamins he gave you? :look:

danigurl18

I never heard of this.. I eat lots of tomatoes and I'm part latino and my hair is good but my skin is crap.. I guess what works for one can't work for all.. I hope it works for you though.. keep us updated!

Irresistible

At the very tender age of 3 or 4 my I saw a bottle of red stuff to drink , in my lil mind I was thinking KOOLAIDE , my father didnt tell me otherwise and thought it was funny to pour me a glass and let me drink it with my lil ole taste buds ready for some KOOLAIDE, with his big ole smile on his face he poured me a glass, his smile quickly faded when I gagged and ......well you know what kids do when they gag :barf:

Thats what he gets! I am traumatized for life and HATE TOMATOES

in fact I am gagging just thinking about this:wallbash:

ajacks

Everytime I turn around there is something else that will make your hair grow. I'm starting to think that everything will make your hair grow. :lachen: Too bad I don't like tomatoes!

Irresistible

Everytime I turn around there is something that will make your hair grow. I'm starting to think that everything will make your hair grow. :lachen: Too bad I don't like tomatoes!

well I am proof hair grew without them :lachen::lachen::lachen:

OP I am sure they are good for you, although there is alot of talk of the nightshade family causing inflammation and what not

I just dont know what would be in them thats so special that they alone grow hair, that cant be found in other foods in our diet

BrooklynSouth

so i was at the gyno today and he told to get my hair back right to eat atleast 2 tomatoes aday he said that thats y latinos have such beautiful hair and skin is because of the constant tomatoes in the diet. he said it would combat dryness of the skin and hair he gave me some vegtable vitamins he said the main ingredient in them was tomatoes so i will try this and see over the next month how much hair growth i have! anybody else ever heard of this?

Longhair, did he say the tomatoes must be cooked? I think the lysine needs cooking to release it's power so a combo of cooked and raw{avoids other vitamin and goodies loss} would be a good thing. Tomato haters, have you tried tomato soup with a dash of cream or spicy
V-8?

THE NAME OF THE VITAMINS IS.....WAIT LET ME GO GET THEM......PHYTONUTRIENT SUPPLEMENT THEY WHERE A LITTLE EXPENSIVE BUYING THEM OUT OF HIS OFFICE 100.00 FOR A 30 DAY SUPPLY THEY ARE FRUIT AND VEGTABLE VITAMINS NOW MY DOC SIAD HE HAS BEEN TAKING THEM 3 IN THE MORNIN AND 3 AT NIGHT and he looks extremly young and his skin is very clear and healthy so that was my proof that they work he looks very healthy so i will take them and keep udated on them and see hoe they work

Irresistible

THE NAME OF THE VITAMINS IS.....WAIT LET ME GO GET THEM......PHYTONUTRIENT SUPPLEMENT THEY WHERE A LITTLE EXPENSIVE BUYING THEM OUT OF HIS OFFICE 100.00 FOR A 30 DAY SUPPLY THEY ARE FRUIT AND VEGTABLE VITAMINS NOW MY DOC SIAD HE HAS BEEN TAKING THEM 3 IN THE MORNIN AND 3 AT NIGHT and he looks extremly young and his skin is very clear and healthy so that was my proof that they work he looks very healthy so i will take them and keep udated on them and see hoe they work

Oh God sweetie, I THINK he ripped you off!

I mean if its all in the tomatoes, you could buy TONS of them fresh and WAYYY cheaper!

Dang Doc .....Doing a side gig, *mumbling as I leave this thread*

how is a DOCTOR doing something like this! :wallbash:

well no i went online and looked on there website and they were the same price alot of people in his office takes them for prenatal care and the women in there said that the loved them so i bought some along with some 100% omega 3 those were like 60 bucks he said to take them together for my hair to get the thickness back the omegas was so expensive because they are pure fishoil they dont have fillers in them

Irresistible

well no i went online and looked on there website and they were the same price alot of people in his office takes them for prenatal care and the women in there said that the loved them so i bought some along with some 100% omega 3 those were like 60 bucks he said to take them together for my hair to get the thickness back the omegas was so expensive because they are pure fishoil they dont have fillers in them

girl I buy pure fish oil the best brand for way less!

there are ALL kinds of GOOD fruit and veggie supps that are high qaulity for far less than 100 bucks

I mean just think about it, you could buy a juicer for that and get it all fresh, whats better than fresh?

I dont know, I wouldnt buy them but you gotta do what you feel is best, this screams of a rip off to me though

btw here is the fish oil I take (60 bucks? geeeesh!!!)

http://www.carlsonlabs.com/product_detail.phtml?prodid=10025836

I cant believe this doc said 'eat tomatoes for hair growth ,and thats why latinos have long hair :blah: then sold you supps for 100 bucks!

I mean what are they eating more of? Salsa?

get you some chips and salsa and call it a day, and pass the Gaucamole, cause thats some good stuff!

I'm helllllla mad at this doc:wallbash:

eta: oh and that fish oil I take is 30 bucks for a huge bottle that lasts like forever only taking .5 to 1 tsp a day

Last edited:

MonaRae

First we had a cycle of "weird" creams that grew hair and now its food (eggs, coffee, and now tomatoes) . I love the food cycle we are now in but I can't afford the $100 a month vitamin supply so I'll try to eat more tomatoes. As I matter of fact I'm eating some now.

Irresistible

A GYNO ripping pregnant ladies off, selling them a supp with the main ingredient being tomatoes , when it it WELL ESTABLISHED and WELL KNOWN that Tomatoes are of the nightshade family and PROMOTE INFLAMMATION!

http://www.betternutrition.com/document/624

why is this GYNO giving anything other than Pre Natal vitamins to these pregnant women!?

*here is the Doc* and this is me :kick:

is it even legal for a Doc to do this?

mariofmagdal

oh and this was posted in another thread, I'm looking into it myself

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=297287&page=3

for your fruit and veggie supp , u can get it at GNC , I dont know the cost , but I can bet its less than 100 bucks for 30 days

Certainly less than $100, and with a GNC gold card, even cheaper, and if within the first 7 days of the month still cheaper! Sometimes its on a bogo sale....it has those same phyto nutrients in there as well. I think it last me a little more than 30 days.

Irresistible

Certainly less than $100, and with a GNC gold card, even cheaper, and if within the first 7 days of the month still cheaper! Sometimes its on a bogo sale....it has those same phyto nutrients in there as well. I think it last me a little more than 30 days.

I'm glad you posted about it! :yep:

well i bought them and im going to take them if you cant afford them then thats fine this forum is to give ideas and try to help people im not the doc just a patient and i am passing on the advice he gave me. One of the main ingredients in them is tomatoes look at the ingredient yourself www.agelesswellness.net phyto-vite.... i have seen the befor and after pics in his office and they are realy dramtic as far as the skin and hair goes if i didnt see the proof i probably wouldnt have purchased them but i have as far as him prescibing them to pregnant women im pretty sure he also gives them there prenatal but these as an added bonus

Last edited:

sylver2

Interesting! I love tomatoes and eat them nearly every single day like apples. i been eating them like that since i was a teen.

Irresistible

well i bought them and im going to take them if you cant afford them then thats fine this forum is to give ideas and try to help people im not the doc just a patient and i am passing on the advice he gave me iris you seem to be a negative person how does something go from being about hair growth to something legal or illegal they are VITAMINS! he can prescibe what he wants and its the person choice to take them who are you to say someone is getting ripped off if thats your opinion fine but your not the one buying them so please dont tell me im getting riped off if you cant afford to buy them fine but some people can and will by there own choice
gurrrl, um okay then:ohwell:

I aint even going there with you on all that........I was calling it like I see it and trying to be helpful, even steered you in another direction on both supps to help you

*mumbles* he aint prescribing them he is SELLING THEM.

But, by all means then girl keep buying them if you want to:yep:

because its all about the fact that you can afford them and I cant :ohwell:

I dont buy snake oil:nono:

Kalani

*here is the Doc* and this is me :kick:

:lol: LOL@ the smiles!

Yeah the vitamins sound overpriced, and I'm one who will usually pay a little more for quality when it comes to vitamins (I'm a Shaklee vitamins fan).

I'll try the tomatoes thing though. I love tomatoes anyway so it shouldn't be a problem for me to up my tomato intake.

Irresistible

:lol: LOL@ the smiles!

Yeah the vitamins sound overpriced, and I'm one who will usually pay a little more for quality when it comes to vitamins (I'm a Shaklee vitamins fan).

I'll try the tomatoes thing though. I love tomatoes anyway so it shouldn't be a problem for me to up my tomato intake.

girl ME TOO

I have never even heard of a Doc SELLING (or being a distributor) of supplements like this, directly to patients right out of their office

but whatever works, far be it for me to be negative:wallbash:

Last edited:

RosesBlack

With the tomatoes it's probably the combo of nutrients. B vitamins, magnesium, folate, vitamins C and A and other things. All of which contribute to healthy hair and skin. If you already have a decent diet, or supplement what you don't take in via food you're doing good. A tomato a day or no.

Irresistible

With the tomatoes it's probably the combo of nutrients. B vitamins, magnesium, folate, vitamins C and A and other things. All of which contribute to healthy hair and skin. If you already have a decent diet, or supplement what you don't take in via food you're doing good. A tomato a day or no.

or a V8?:grin:

livesoundtech

I'm Sicilian, so trust me, I eat my fair share of tomatoes... sometimes I'll literally have 2 cans of tomato sauce every day. Unfortunately, due to overprocessing, I didn't see any changes to my hair... but I can say for a fact that that's why Italians live so long. Pizza is actually one of the healthiest foods, when made correctly with organic ingredients and whole grain dough. Most of the Sicilian side of my family lived to be in their late 80s, even those who smoked multiple packs of cigarettes every day.

Also, the antioxidants in tomatoes lower the risk of colon cancer and other digestive diseases/disorders, as well as other cancers. Whether or not you eat them for healthier hair, tomatoes are definitely one of the best things to include in your diet.

Plus, pasta is just so damn good. I could eat it three times a day, every day, and never get sick of it. If eating actual tomatoes gets boring, try making whole grain pasta with a can of Contadina tomato sauce and some lowfat mozzarella cheese. Mmmm. Okay, my Sicilian-ness is coming out. Must stop talking about pasta now! :grin: