Decrease Wash Frequency-From Twice to Once a Week

Neroli

After reviewing a few threads in the last couple of weeks, I have decided to experiment a bit and decrease my washing frequency from twice to once a week. I was suprised to see so many board members who only was once a week or even less frequently than that. Thus, my desire to experiment has been triggered . . .

Current Regimen: condition wash twice a week, rollerset and hood dry on cool. No heat whatsoever.

New Regimen: condition wash once a week, rollerset and hood dry on cool. No heat whatsoever.

Perhaps I'm messing with a good thing here because my hair is thriving on washing twice a week and it has NEVA looked better! However, I figure if I run into problems, I'll just wash and go back to what works. What do y'all think?

Dolce_Dawn

There's nothing wrong w/experimenting and it's not so drastic a change where I would think you would acquire any damage. Let us know how it works for you!

Queenie

Give it a shot. My hair does better the more I wash it. It really loves water (little too much if you ask me). I just started conditioning washes and my hair is loving them. My goal is to now wash 4 times/wk.

Karonica

I usually wash once per week. I got into a craze of doing it twice a week for a few months, but now, I had to reduce my number of washings so that I'll only need heat once per week.