TO TEXLAX OR RELAX

Shariracquel

So I need help I've tried to perm my hair twice alredy with optimum mild relaxer. It didn't work my hair did not take to the relaxer at all. But now u have like almost 7 months of under prossesed hair and I'm thinking about just texlaxing my hair but the question is how would I do it and whats the best perm that I can use to do this. Please respond asap as I need to do something with my hair by this weekend. And I was thinking about something not bone straight cause my hair is already fine and making it totally straight just makes me feel I will go backwards as far as my hair care situation goes. Its doing really well thus far please help!

Isis

How long ago did you use a relaxer twice?

If it was indeed 7 months ago then a relaxer can be used on the new growth only.

If it's 7 months of relaxed but underprocessed hair then you already have texlaxed hair and it's best to leave it alone.

If it's 7 months of relaxed but underprocessed hair and it isn't what you want, leave it alone and have a professional look at it to see what can be done.

In all cases, it sounds like a professional stylist or a good friend who is experienced in relaxing hair can help you better than if you attempt to use chemicals again.

Since you stated your hair is doing well, a better option would be to stay away from all chemicals and learn to style your hair as it is, but in a healthy and pretty style (or styles) that work with your hair texture. Braidouts would be a good example. :yep: