To braid/twist or not...

CutiePie0Five

Hi Ladies,

I'm sort of going through a predicament. I'm in my 10th month of transitioning and it's going great so far. I've learned how to take care of my hair, and which hairstyles work for me. However, the problem with that is that I only wear a few hairstyles...which can be very boring. The styles are: Braid-outs, buns, a folded under ponytail, etc. I miss wearing my hair out b/c it's tough to do so without my hair being straight, and I don't like using heat that much. Plus, BCing is really not an option for me right now--I like length too much lol.

Anywhoz, so I've been trying to decide what do with my hair. I was thinking of getting long 2-strand twists (cuz my hair is basically brastrap length) so i won't have do anything with it but I'm scared of gettin stuff like that done for a few reasons: 1) I've never put extensions etc. in my hair before, 2) I don't want any dirt build-up at the roots, and 3) I'm scared of it pulling at my edges too much.

So, should I do that or just keep doin what I've been doing? I need some advice or tips..

If it were me I'd get a good recommendation on someone who does 2-strand twists, and get them. I would think that getting twist extensions are similar to getting braids in that you can prevent build up. I think there is a method for washing (braid) extensions on www.growafrohairlong.com that may help you out.

But that's me. When I get bored with my hair, trust me I HAVE to do something about it.

I don't think you should 'not' get them just b/c you've never had 'em before. Switch it up! ;)

You could try french rolls, flat twists, bantu knots, rod sets etc....other than that I dunno what to tell you girl! :lol: I like wearing my hair in a variety of styles too, you just have to switch up your style from time to time to keep things fresh.

Good Luck! ;)

Back