To Braid it,Weave it or to Leave it (hair)

BermudaKISS

Just need some good opinions..........I'm preparing to go on vacation to Barbados for a week where I will be swimming a bit, in the sun and of course going out during the evening.

Do you ladies think it is best to do single braids, a weave or to leave my hair as is? I have relaxed hair that is just past shoulder length.

Tell me what you think :yep:

Good question BermudaKiss.

If I were going on vacation I would go with braids. IMO it would be easier to condition, moisturize etc.

Braids are great to swim in too!!! HTH!

I have relaxed hair and wore it out (no weave, no braids) when I was on vacation for 3 weeks. I was able to wash, cowash, condition and air dry with no problem. Also I was able to easily get the sand out after being in the ocean. I would think that those grains might get caught up in the braids.

I would go with braids. Unless you can do a wash-n-go, who wants to waste more than 10 minutes on hair while vacationing? As far as sand, you can rinse, style and go.

I'm just giving you my unbiased opinion. (Hiding vacation pics):look:

Last edited:
Well since you are on vacation, you probably would want to spend more time vacationing than hairstyling, so I would go with braids. You can never go wrong with those as long as they are not too tight!

Thank you ladies for your suggestions etc. I suppose I should know whats best for sun n sand as I live on an island myself....lol. I guess I need to know what's best for a vacay since its my first to another sunny, sandy country and I don't want to spend time doing hair as you said.

Braids are def my option. Now its just a matter of what type of braids to get??? I'm thinking either kinky twists or the reg. two strand twist braids (rope)

Thanks ladiess

Back