French Braid w/Weave?

SouthernTease

Anybody know how to french braid with weave?

Do you have photos?

I'm working on perfecting this one style...

I tried it on my own hair... it came out so so...

I want to add length to it...

Ashlee Simpson rocks a similar style... see...

I think she's wearing weave here too.

AsTheCurlzTurns

I don't have pics ST, but if you know how to do feed-in cornrows then you'll be able to do this one. It's similar to how you start off braiding extensions into the hair but without the loop. Instead of looping the braid over the beginning of the hair strand, you can lay the weave across your hair at a curve and feed it into the braid. Gosh I hope this makes sense, I'm not good at explaining it into words. I will see if I can find something to better explain what I mean if you can't grasp the concept of what I'm saying.

AsTheCurlzTurns

^^^^^Yes Nonie!! That's more like it LOL Thank you for finding that. Also ST, if you can perhaps find a dollhead and play around doing it on that dollhead, you can possibly get a feel for how to do it on your own head. For me personally, what the illustration doesn't show is the finger placement for when adding the weave, for me it's easier to place the weave between my thumb and index finger as if I was doing a normal braid. Hope we've helped somewhat. :)

DarkDesire

It's funny you mention this, because this is the style I'm rocking right now, I haven't even seen that pic of her hair, it' s just an embellishment on a style I used to have when I was much younger, and people love it :grin:
My hair is natural, so I've been using kinky hair to add to my braids (not weave - I wouldn't know how to do that. Is it possible, with the seam and everything?) . I can't add any pictures at the mo, but I can describe what I do. This will work if you already know how to frenchbraid your own hair w/out extensions.

1 - Part your hair into the two sections and separate, sectioning off and securing the hair that you're not going to use. Take three SEPARATE sections of extension hair, each matching the thickness of the three sections of YOUR hair that you are about to braid.

2 - Begin the cornrow from the front of your head WITHOUT extension hair. This way, the braid has a finer start, which is mainly the point of the style.

3 - keep cornrowing, and when you have readhed the crown (middle section) of your head, this is when you add the extensions. You do it like this: Simply tuck one of the extension pieces underneath the MIDDLE section of hair that you are holding, and hold them together. Braid on, till the side section becomes the next middle section, and do the same. Repeat one more time until all three sections have hair extension attached. Try to do this as securely as possible, tucking in all bits poking out back under as you go along.

Do the same for the other side of your head.

I tend to find that as I'm doing this style, my arms get tired, and I get discourage by the confusion of hair, but if just let your hands follow the pattern, by the end of it all, it turns out to be a really neat, tidy style. I love it, it's my protective style at the moment.

I hope the instructions weren't too complicated :spinning:

Dposh167

good info! i tried to teach myself how to do this and got so frustrated i threw out all the braid weave...

SouthernTease

It's a really flyy style to rock, I tried it for hours last night...

I got frustrated too... I'll try again... or I might get somebody else

to do it for me.