Trichorrhexis Nodosa (extreme breakage no matter what) - can it be cured?

Starbucks

I have been lurking forever I finally have the courage to post. I am so confused and frustrated. I did a search but there doesn't seem to be much info out there on how to fix it.

I think I have Trichorrhexis Nodosa due to improper styling tools and styles for years. What I thought was a protective style (wrap) was actually damaging a portion of my hair. The splits crawl up the shaft so that my hair is lopsided. I have gotten four trims but this has been going on for long, long time now so I just don't know what to do. Has anyone else experienced this? How did you cure it?

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I have noticed that strong hair is less likely to break even when there are splits involved. I suggest you strengthen your hair with something like Nexxus Emergencee and keep it lubricated/moisturized at all times. Dry hair is also likely to be brittle and break. When I had a relaxer I had it too. I would see little weak white spots on my strand and if I tugged, the hair would break at the white spot. I don't see those spots anymore now that I am natural...

What is your regimen? Are you relaxed? Color treated? Do you use heat? Let's get to the bottom of this.