Tired of The Mess in the Church

considerate

I have a question. Has anyone experience going to a church that tries to be over ruled by one family. I am in a church like that right now. Now my pastor is a wonderful man of God and boldly gets up and tells the whole church that this will not be a church run by one family. He doesn't believe in that and it will never happen in here. But this one family is the only one that does praise and worship, pastor put me over the finances after one of their family members died who was over it and now the sister is trying to take over that. The brother-in-law of this girl that I am speaking of, he is on the finance committee as well and it seems that he is taken my duties that I had been doing and given it to her to do. I have been noticing these things before but recently have been going on fast, and it just seems to me that they are more alive now. I know it is just the devil that brings it to me more but I am so SICK of mess like this. Just about 3 weeks ago, this same girl that is on the finance committee, her and her sister came to me in a VERY nasty way about something my kids was doing in the church. (Which I know is a lie because my kids sit right behind me in church and may talk but I turn right around and tell them to shut up.) When they came to me in the church, right after communion, I just walked away and kept my mouth shut. They was all loud and trying to start an argument. I know it is just the devil using them to get to me. Has anyone else experience this?:nono:

cocoberry10

I have been in churches like that. The one I'm currently in is probably run by the Bishop's family, but he has a lot of others working over different ministries, so I guess not really. I'm sorry about this. Pray for them and ask God to give you discernment about what to do!

considerate

I have been fasting and praying for our church. I know they don't care for me but that doesn't bother me. It's just the attitude they have. They feel that if they are not doing it, then it can't be done. I am going to have to pray harder because this is sin in the church.

Nice & Wavy

I have been fasting and praying for our church. I know they don't care for me but that doesn't bother me. It's just the attitude they have. They feel that if they are not doing it, then it can't be done. I am going to have to pray harder because this is sin in the church.

My suggestion to you considerate is to call a meeting between your pastor and those who you are having conflict with. Just like you would do with your own family at home, the church is your family as well. I would most certainly bring this attention to your pastor.

Because you have been fasting and praying, this can cause satan's head to pop up, but I say this: Greater is He who lives within you, then he who is in the world.

I pray for you that you stand. And, after you have done all to stand, STAND!!!

Stay rooted and grounded in the plan and purposes God has for you....His plans are perfect!

Blessings!

considerate

Thank you so much. These are very encouraging words and believe me it takes alot for me to walk away from anything that concerns God. I am going to stand because I look at this sitation being another Mary and Martha situation from the bible. They can do what they want but I will continue to sit at the feet of Jesus until he elevates me. Nothing shall move me.

Mocha5

My suggestion to you considerate is to call a meeting between your pastor and those who you are having conflict with. Just like you would do with your own family at home, the church is your family as well. I would most certainly bring this attention to your pastor.

Because you have been fasting and praying, this can cause satan's head to pop up, but I say this: Greater is He who lives within you, then he who is in the world.

I pray for you that you stand. And, after you have done all to stand, STAND!!!

Stay rooted and grounded in the plan and purposes God has for you....His plans are perfect!

Blessings!

ITA! Sometimes satan uses these kind of things to discourage us and move us out of our blessings. Keep fasting and praying and don't be moved. (((Hugs)))

ETA: OT- Nice & Wavy, I love your new siggy pic. Your hair is gorgeous!

considerate

Thank you so much Mocha, and Nice & Wavy. Everything you said is very inspiring and encouraging. You know it normally gets worse before it gets better. I will continue to submit to my fasting and much prayer. I told my sister, lately and i am referring to the whole year of 2007. I have been attacked through my marriage, finances, and my spiritual life. So I said I am going to fast and pray until the devil back up off of me. He will not win. Thanks alot guys.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

Thank you so much. These are very encouraging words and believe me it takes alot for me to walk away from anything that concerns God. I am going to stand because I look at this sitation being another Mary and Martha situation from the bible. They can do what they want but I will continue to sit at the feet of Jesus until he elevates me. Nothing shall move me.

You are welcome, my sister. You shall not be moved!

Blessings!

Nice & Wavy

Thank you so much Mocha, and Nice & Wavy. Everything you said is very inspiring and encouraging. You know it normally gets worse before it gets better. I will continue to submit to my fasting and much prayer. I told my sister, lately and i am referring to the whole year of 2007. I have been attacked through my marriage, finances, and my spiritual life. So I said I am going to fast and pray until the devil back up off of me. He will not win. Thanks alot guys.

And also, in the end.....YOU WIN!!!

Continue to press towards the Mark of the High Calling in Christ Jesus!!
Fasting and Praying breaks the yoke and removes the burdens. The devil has no other choice but to back off...in the Name of Jesus!!!

Luv ya!

If you want to talk, please feel free to PM me, ok?

Blessings!

Mocha5

No more!!! I'm speaking that your marriage and finances will be blessed and that God will take you to another level in your spiritual walk with Him (although it looks like He already has). In Jesus' sweet and holy name. Amen.

Honey, you are ALREADY blessed!

considerate

Thanks alot girl. I have been seeking God to live a holy and consecrated life. I told him I wanted to be anointed and have a close relationship with him. The devil don't like it. As long as I wasn't asking God for those things, the devil was fine because he wants to keep me in that place of not changing. But I desire to go higher and will. Just keep me and my family in your prayers