TIGI Ego Boost is nothing short of amazing!

Edie

I mean it ladies. For those of you who are using it, I know you are or are becoming believers. I took my hair down last night and examined the ends and there was not one split end. I then moisturized as usual and put it into indian braids (one on each side of head) and examined the hair throughout the braid. Not one stray hair was sticking out. The braid was smooth all the way down to the end. I usually have a few stray hairs sticking out toward the end, but it was absolutely smooth. I hope it is performing well for you ladies. Just keep using it. It truly works! The less split ends we get, the less hair we have to cut off.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Testify!
This stuff really is a miracle worker Edie. My ends are very happy now a days.

Edie

Oh yeah, I am up and clapping my hands and stumping my feet. Even though I now have more competition on Ebay for this product, I cannot help and shout out praise for this product. I hope TIGI never stops making it. My husband complained the other day when I had him go out and buy more money orders for me. But I told him, hey it's for my hair and he always has his hands in it when it's loose. He shut up then and calmly and obediently made his way to get the money orders. Good Boy!

TsAngel

[ QUOTE ]
erica78 said:
Testify!
This stuff really is a miracle worker Edie. My ends are very happy now a days.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto and worth every penny.

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

I've used it once and I love it already. I like the consistancy and that you san actually see where it's been applied even tho your hair is wet. Canadian ladies...it's on sale at Shoppers Drugmart until late june for 9.99...my only wish is that I wasn't going to be wearing braids for the next few years, I'd horde the stuff at that price
more ego boost for you all

Madison

Can someone please tell me exactly what is this stuff and what is it good for?

I've been trying to find something on here via the search but nothing came up. I kept putting in "bedhead" and "chocolate head"

Edie

Ego Boost is a leave in conditioner made by TIGI Bed Head. They make Chocolate Head also. Ego Boost is a split end mender and preventer. You use it after your shampoo/conditioning. You can apply throughout your hair or just on the last three inches. But it does not moisturize. The ladies and I use a moisturizing leave in after applying it and then use your hair dressing (if you use a cream hair dressing like I do, you need to apply oil also to the ends. If you use something like Carol's Daughter Hair Butter, you can skip the oil). It really works to stop the split ends and also keeps the hair strong. Use with TIGI Health Goddess which is has vitamins A, B5, C, D and E and you are rocking. This stuff really works.

Edie

I've used it once and I love it already. I like the consistancy and that you san actually see where it's been applied even tho your hair is wet. Canadian ladies...it's on sale at Shoppers Drugmart until late june for 9.99...my only wish is that I wasn't going to be wearing braids for the next few years, I'd horde the stuff at that price more ego boost for you all.
unquote

You should especially use it while in braids. It can still be applied. Simply rub in your hands and apply.

Armyqt

I'm still using this product faithfully, even though I cna't testify at the moment. I just trimmed quite a bit of my ends so I'll be able to monitor the product better now. I'll see in about a month and post my results then. I'm glad everyon'es having such great success with it.

Edie

I'm still using this product faithfully, even though I cna't testify at the moment. I just trimmed quite a bit of my ends so I'll be able to monitor the product better now. I'll see in about a month and post my results then. I'm glad everyon'es having such great success with it.
unquote

I gave myself a fresh trim first before I started using the product. That way I could really see if it prevented them from happening and it's working so far. I usually start to see them after 4-6 weeks after a trim. But it's been about 12 weeks now.

Edie

Cool thanks Edie...just rub it into the ends of my real hair and it'll be fine? Won't it cause a buildup?
unquote

The Ego Boost absorbs very well. I use 2 tablespoons when I apply it, so I don't think a lot is needed. My hair is just 1.5 inches short of waistlength. But I have wear my hair natural the majority of the time. But a lot of relaxed ladies here use it everday. Hey ladies, does it build up in your hair?

I use it 3 times a week and do not notice any build up.

Tebby1017

I got my Ego Boost (love it!!). I'm still waiting on the Health Goddess.

My question is for the Health Goddess, do you apply that from root to tip, just the length, or ends only?

Tebby

Edie

I got my Ego Boost (love it!!). I'm still waiting on the Health Goddess.

My question is for the Health Goddess, do you apply that from root to tip, just the length, or ends only?

Tebby

I apply the Health Goddess twice per week throughout my hair (root to ends), then the Ego Boost over that. This works well for me.

And yes the Ego Boost can be applied while in braids. Braids can dry your hair out and really work havoc on the hair with producing split ends. You ever notice when you go in to get you hair relaxed afterwards that you always have split ends even though you applied oil to your hair.

Cat_Eyed_Cutie

You ever notice when you go in to get you hair relaxed afterwards that you always have split ends even though you applied oil to your hair.

To tell you the truth, I had my hair in braids for just over a year ans a half and never had this problem...as a matter of fact I only had to trim my hair once over that time frame...and I had them dusted when I took them out for good.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Not that I'm thinking of getting this or anything, but...

*Do you ladies use this on wet hair only or also dry hair?
*What is an example of a moisturizing leave-in that you could use to follow the application of Ego Boost?
*How does it smell?

hotshot

oh god- i just had a MAJOR trim- you guys are gonna make me buy this stuff because i have a time with my natural ends. . .

deeplyrooted

Another great thread about one of my favorite hair companies.

Dang, sounds like the Health Goddess and Ego Boost combo is a winner. I was wondering about that, thanks for clearing that up y'all.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Super Girl,

The lable says that you can use this on wet or dry hair. I use it when my hair is wet. It's really kind of hard to figure out what the smell is. It smells really good though...kinda like hard candy.

Edie...please don't mention the Health Goddess...I seen it on ebay for dirt cheap...and I'm so tempted to try it. Dang this PJ challenge. I should have joined in after I tried it out.

Edie

Edie...please don't mention the Health Goddess...I seen it on ebay for dirt cheap...and I'm so tempted to try it. Dang this PJ challenge. I should have joined in after I tried it out.
Unquote

Well now that you mention it, I love Health Goddess also. I actually used the Health Goddess before the Ego Boost and noticed after 3 applications that my hair felt stronger. Ego Boost and Health Goddess is a good combo.

NYCchild

so um... is there anywhere online i can get these to buy
thanks

and... what are the moisturizing products you all use afterwards

Edie

They sell these products in some Salons like trade secret. I buy mine off of Ebay. The moisturizing leave-ins that I use afterwards are either Bumble and Bumble Leave-in, Beaulty without Cruelty leave-in or Humectress conditioners. I will sometimes 2 or all of them depending on my mood!