Through developing your relationship with Him...

Livingmylifetothefullest

I don't know if anyone can relate but those who began to really develop their relationship with God, did you find that others didn't support your journey and/or somewhat sabotaged your attempts?

Ever since I've began my journey, it appears to me that I seem to attract really negative people whether at school, work, or just plan doing my normally errands during the day. It's like now that I began this journey, something is trying to tear me down and cause me to revert back to my semi to non-existent relationship with Him.

determine3

It's like now that I began this journey, something is trying to tear me down and cause me to revert back to my semi to non-existent relationship with Him.[ /QUOTE] :yep: Oh yes.... you need to RISE up against these attacks and stay on your path. Draw closer to God when you notice this, dive into the word. The enemy doesn't want you to walk the path and plan God has in store for you.

You also start to see things with NEW eyes... sometimes the behavior of others hasn't changed but you now notice it more. I have walked away from a lot of friends because of this but I continue to pray for them.

Don't give up and keep on pressing forward. God will continue to bless you for making right decisions.

zenith

Take heart OP.
Just earnestly pray and ask God to destroy the Spirit of Sabotage operating in your life.

Remember when Nehemiah tried to rebuilt the wall, Tobiah and Sanbalat became angry and mocked the jews even telling them that their wall would fall if a fox stood on it. But they prayed to God and still kept rebuilding the wall.

It's very easy to get distracted esp if you are still a baby in Christ. Ask God to give you a Spirit of Discernment, it's a powerful and useful tool you can use to weed out people and situations that would deter your walk.

Natural Love

[/QUOTE]
You also start to see things with NEW eyes... sometimes the behavior of others hasn't changed but you now notice it more. I have walked away from a lot of friends because of this but I continue to pray for them.

Don't give up and keep on pressing forward. God will continue to bless you for making right decisions.[/QUOTE]

I have definitely noticed this. Things about people that didn't bother me I am now like :ohwell:. But I continue to pray for them and try not to get all "preachy" them.