Those who had a "natural" labor...Did you

tdwillis

I am natural and had an epidural and did experience significant post-partum shedding (but after getting pitocin-I would have asked for anything to be out of pain!). However, I really think at that time in your life there is so much to focus on that the fact that you are losing some hair falls low in the list. If I had it to do all over again, I would do the following:
Keep taking my pre-natal vitamin and eat healthy after birth.
Find the best protein conditioner that works on my hair and deep conditioning with that while pumping breast milk.
I think that would have helped me curb the shedding.

MsButterfli

i had my daughter March 09 and had an epidural and noticed my edges disappearing... even tho i had locs, i picked them out but im still having shedding, creepy shedding and im tryin not to stress cuz i know that contributes to it as well

Lady Esquire

I dunno if this helps but I miscarried 2 weeks ago at 5 months and I've noticed a bit of shedding. I asked my doc about it and he said it's just post-partum. Hormones and what not returning to normal.HTH.

Around the holidays? So sorry. You were far along hun. :hug2:

testimony777

I had a natural birth and had a ton of shedding; so much so i ended up with a small bald spot in the front. It grew back just fine though :yep:.

I Am So Blessed

I'm easy going.
experience post-partum shedding?

My old stylist told me that post-partum shedding had a lot to do with hormones, but also how the epidural medicines reacted with them while leaving your body.
He said that shedding will always occur, but not nearly as bad if go "natural"
He says it takes 6-9 months for the epidural to fully leave your body.

*sorry Im so full of threads today*

dont be sorry, post if you dam well please. :drunk::drunk::drunk:.....

Lady Esquire

Needless to say, natural hurt like hell. My second delivery was the only natural birth I had out of my 3, due to circumstances beyond my control. But after I delivered naturally, I felt much clearer and alert than my epi births. Recovery time was ten times quicker...I bounced back effortlessly. I even looked better, color in my face and all.

dionne81l

I didn't have an epidural with either of my kids however w/ the first my hair was very healthly. The second was a COMPLETELY different experience. My hair shed..shed...shed....shed....and shed. This led to my big chop. When my aunt chop it off for me it was so bad that she was like "you don't even call this hair".

Lady Esquire

Again not to hijack...but....what did you use to bind your waist...and when did you start working out after the pregnancy?

I used a heavy dute girdle, the ones with ribs, that start under the breasts and go down to the knees. I would wear it all day, even to bed. I started wearing it almost immediately, about a week post-birth. But depending on stitches and on whether you had a C-section, you may have to wait longer. I'll come back with links from previous threads where ladies offered name brands.

For babies 1 and 2, I worked out on week 6, as soon as my OB gave me the okay. For this last baby, I think I was lax and did it around week 8 or later, and trust, I saw a difference in how fast the weight dropped.

Please ladies, do not feel that you are hijacking the thread asking questions.
Any and all dialogue is welcome!
Esp. about child birth and pregnancy.
Thanks again for your contributions ladies!

LaToya28

I didn't have an epidural with my last daughter, but I did have post-partum shedding. Guess it just depends on the person.

Desarae

I just want to give props to all the ladies who did natural birth

Y'all some soldiers, I couldn't even do it....

(I had an epidural 2x and had no shedding either time.

Day Dreamer

I did have a natural birth (no pain meds at all) and I did experience shedding. For my hair, I would say that it was a lot but not too severe. My hair is trying to bounce back as alot of the shedding has decreased.

Leesh

I just want to give props to all the ladies who did natural birth

Y'all some soldiers, I couldn't even do it....

(I had an epidural 2x and had no shedding either time.

Ladyyyy, I didn't have so much as a "Tylenol" from the moment I walked into the hospital till the Day I walked out with My Bundle of Joy! :nono: Needless to say, He was the last one I had too!

destine2grow

I have 5 kids. My 4 boys I had natural and yes mu hair did shed but not like when I had my daughter. I also had an epidural, which I will never get again.

harrison

I had a spinal tap with my daughter(1st child) and an epi with my son.. after both, I had a thinned out hairline. Exactly the same. The shedding is most noticeable there. My son is 13mon now and I still have more hair in my denman during wash days then prior to having him.

EMJazzy

Happily retired
No epi with 1st with born no shedding....had a spinal shot no epi with 2nd born (she was a c-section) not much shedding,,,,currently pregnant will have to get back to you on this one.

*Muffin*

I have a question to ask. I have no babes of my own, so I have always wondered if the shedding experienced makes hair thinner than before the pregnancy, or is it just thinning down to the same thickness the woman had before they were pregnant? I heard that due to the excess hormones produced during pregnancy, it can cause thicker, even faster hair growth. So for you ladies that experienced lots of shedding after having your babies, was your hair thinner than before you got pregnant, or did it just shed until it got back to its previous thickness?? TIA :).