This is why a lot of Black women are going bald.....

*Muffin*

I wasn't going to comment, but I couldn't help but watch the third part of the video and see that the lady whose hair was being done had just finished crying. She the way the hairdresser did her hair. It really irks me when stylists don't listen to their clients wants. I just felt really bad for her :(.

CandacyEliz

First off, this woman has a wig on (no offense to the wiggers)

but she wouldn't be touching my hair unless I can see her real hair

Ive learned that the hard way

ajacks

I can't believe she is really a stylist. That application was a HAM! Oh, and the results in Part III were hilarious. Her hair was so lifeless and stiff :giggle:

Last edited:

Jetblackhair

I wasn't going to comment, but I couldn't help but watch the third part of the video and see that the lady whose hair was being done had just finished crying. She the way the hairdresser did her hair. It really irks me when stylists don't listen to their clients wants. I just felt really bad for her :(.

Oh gosh, I just watched part 3 and I feel so bad for her as well. She's definitely been crying, eyes watery, nose is red and then she was rolling her eyes as the stylist was talking about how great her hair looks.

Why did the stylist even post the video if the lady was unhappy with her hair?

Kay.Dee

I don't think she'd been crying. She just looked annoyed/unimpressed, and like the stylist forced her to be on camera

and please don't tear that lady's youtube page up!

TaurusAngel

I really hope that those of you bashing ALL Black stylists realize that if someone ELSE sat up and tried to bash you as a Black woman because of the ones they know, you can't call them on it. I am sorry that you've had bad experiences, but I go to a FANTASTIC Black stylist and have had an excellent experience.

Certainly knock the bad ones, but don't knock ALL of them.

And ITA with the poster who said it depends on what part of the head is most resistant. Just like every relaxer isn't for everybody, every application method isn't either.
Thank you. I love my stylist to death and she's black. This woman in this video needs her butt whipped though. That was a piss poor job of relaxing. And the sad thing is she just knows she is doing it right. Some people just have to be taught proper haircare.

clever

I don't think she'd been crying. She just looked annoyed/unimpressed, and like the stylist forced her to be on camera

I know they will.I hate when youtube links get posted.LHCF runs over there like the hair police.

Kay.Dee

^
I kind of do too. If their hair/method or whatever doesn't fly by LHCF standards, nothing good usually comes from it.

Butterfly08

Black hairstylist are no good.

No thanks. :down: I love mine. I travel THREE HOURS to see her and she is worth every penny and every minute. During my appointment, her attention is on me. She does not double book. She maintains the health of my hair, she knows how to style, how to color, and charges less than my previous stylist. She uses all Aveda products and is a great person. :yep:

I don't doubt that there are some poor black stylists out there, but the good ones exist as well. :yep:

SmartyPants

I think it's too late for that.... between LHCF and BHM, you know those comments are going to get ugly!

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

Last edited:

Sugarhoney

I never said all black stylists are bad, I said trusting the bad ones are making our hair messed up. Some ladies trust these AA stylists, because they are the same ethnicity and we assume that they should know the most about our hair--which they should.

And this lady in the video has the nerve to aspire to open her own school to teach people how to do hair...the sad part is, people will listen to her because she is an AA woman and they will assume she will know how to do other sistas' hair. :rolleyes:

I came to LHCF with healthy natural hair, so it wasn't because I was bitter at some AA stylist. I had an excellent AA stylist before whom is male, who knew how to properly do my hair and encouraged the health of my hair, but I have heard too many horror stories and had not the best experinces myself.

We should uplift the good stylists out there, but the sad truth is a majority of stylists specialized in our hair are not the most informed. There is also this sobbery that some ladies have about guarding info on the good stylists that they have. Many times I have asked an AA lady with nice hair who did her hair, and have gotten the run around. Thus, I personally do my own hair because there is too much drama in hunting for a good stylist.

HoneyDew

Why did she cut her ‘client’s’ hair so much? Well maybe she wanted it shorter, but the style does not look like a stylist did it. And it looks like she sprayed hair spray on it or something.

I am just mad that she actually posted a video about this!!

And, as others have stated, not all stylist are like this?

peppers01

I'm I the only one who thinks she could've gotten a better looking subject? I couldn't watch anymore due to that! :perplexed
Sorry but I'm gonna have to disagree with ur comment. Just sounds like plain ole nastiness to me:nono:.

She needs it for recording this atrocity as though it's the correct way to apply a relaxer. What if someone does a search on youtube on the proper way to relax and use her methods:ohwell:?

Unless that lady had been stretching and got 3 inches of NG, she definitely overlapped that relaxer. Awwww, I felt so bad for her. She looked like she was crying , her facial expressions spoke volumes as to the way she felt about her hair.

darlingdiva

Ok.....the thing about black stylist, my aunt does hair and she does a great job, only three people put a relaxer in my hair and that's me, my cousin, and my aunt.....and that's over time(10+ years), there are some black stylists who can do some hair, it's just that you have to find the right ones, the ones who are not jealous of how you take care of hair, those who care and who take care of their hair....I mean who goes to a woman who has a wig to do a relaxer? Then she puts the gloves on after the fact.....and she looks like she's overlapping....this video is very disappointing, but you should not judge all black stylists based on this video, i'm sure there are a bunch of black stylists who can't do hair and who can....it's about finding them....I'm not a stylist, but I'm defending my aunt and my cousin, cuz they do a great job....my money is tight and right now I have to do my hair, but best believe when I get some bills I'm going back to my aunt.......not trying to knock anyone's opinion down, but just stating my opinion.

Ditto! One of the best hairsylists I've ever gone to was a black hairstylist. I went to her just about the whole time I was in undergrad & she was great. Her shop was set up in the area behind her beauty supply store. She always showed me how much she was trimming. When I went to her, it was a trim-not a cut. Plus, she knew how to hook up a press & curl, complete with the "swang" factor. She moved to Jacksonville. I miss her.

darlingdiva

Ok... How many of ya'll have been posting comments over there?

I have. I just saw the video & am disgusted. In regards to the good hair/ bad hair comment, I said that good hair is hair that is clean, healthy & well-conditioned & bad hair is the opposite.

These good hair/bad hair comments really need to stop. All they do is fill little girls with inferiority complexes that they take with them into their adulthood. Then they repeat the cycle with their children.

darlingdiva

Hmm...that's why the second part of the video is missing.

That's interesting...it's also interesting how she kept telling the camera person to keep the camera in the front. I thought that was really shady. It's like, why, so the public can't see how you're jacking her hair up even more in the back???

darlingdiva

I know that I may be adding fuel to the fire, but a lot of Black women are also going bald b/c they allow themselves to be served like this.

As bad as the "stylist" was, she knows that she's going to remain in business b/c people will continue to let her apply the relaxer to their scalp when they don't have new growth.

Maybe people don't speak up b/c they don't want to offend the stylist (I know I didn't), but if I had expressed myself I wouldn't have constantly lost inches b/c I let the stylist "trim" my hair once a month.

darlingdiva

OMG! I just looked at the third part of the video again & the lady does looks pissed. It looks like she's kind of rolling her eyes.

MissNina

Libra Girl
I'd take one look at her and immediately know she would not be touching my hair with a 10 ft pole. Real talk too. A blonde wig? Improper English? No, thank you kindly.

IMO, I believe both parties share some responsibility here. The client could have somewhat avoided this by getting a consultation (or two) first and demanded to see the conditon of the "so-call stylist" own hair before she touched her hair. Maybe then the truth would have been revealed and this poor lady could saved her hair and went to an experienced, more reputable stylist. Secondly, the stylist needs to go back to cosmetology school for mandatory refresher training in relaxer application. Hope someone sends the clip to the state board and get her license revoked. What a shame!

sylver2

yikes!!!!!! did she even have any new growth to relax?? her looks the same before and after...shoot it's worse after.
wonder how much she paid her?,,yikes