Thinning Temples - What to do?? would Minoxidil work

Keep1Belle

Hi my Temples are thinning. The hair comes out very easily with the root attached. Its not traction related; sometimes I may just rub my temple and next thing i know I have 3 to 4 fine hairs on my finger tips all with bulbs attached.

What works for thinng temples.

I hate it when I have my hair back off my face because its kinda noticeable, I always feel like a need a headband to camoflage the area

ETA: I do have PCOS and supposedly thinning temples is filrly common in women with PCOS. So I know Im predisposed, but id like to try and do something to lesson the effect if possible

Last edited:

Nonie

Use the concoction I used (more pics of progress in later posts on the thread): http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=39645

Minoxidil will work but you will have to use it for the rest of your life because the day you stop, all the hair you grew--which is usually finer than your own real hair--will fall off.

The concoction I used worked in 2004 and I haven't needed to use it again, and I still have all the hair I grew back. Granted, I may not have had a long-lasting condition that caused the hair loss in the first place. But I am more inclined to try natural remedies that have no side-effects and less chance of turning into an addiction.

Msmia

Quick questions:

How is your eating? Are you limiting processed foods and sugars? Are you eating enough fruits and veggies (raw preferably)? How is your iron? Are you taking multi vitamins? Have you done anything drastic to your hair lately? Have you used new products? Are you getting enough water? Have you had a baby in the last 3 years?

All of these plus your PCOS can be wreaking havoc on your hair line, believe me I know, my temples are known existent right now and it is my own fault for the following reasons:
1) had 2 kids in the last 3 years and did not keep vitamin regimen recommended by dr after delivery
2) poor eating habits
3) wearing a ponytail every freaking day since I brought the last one home from the hospital, did I mention she is 2 now
4) and just neglecting my hair.

The best advice I can give you is to start from the inside out, make sure you getting enough water and eating well and supplementing where you are lacking. Do head massages with hair oils nightly. Do not cause even more stress on your hairline with tight pull backed hairstyles, headbands or tight scarves. Make sure to keep the area moisturize. Try not to suffocate the area with too many products. Stop combing and brush area, use hands to slick back. Pray. And be patient.