Thinning Edges Anyone???

InquiringMind

Hello LHCF ladies, :)

I'm a newbie to the forum. One of my problems with my hair is thinning edges:cry2:. All the women in my family have thinning edges. I have heard this is hereditary but, is there anything I can do to get more growth in that area? I don't want to just go out and start experminting on hair care products or stylists for that matter (bad experiences :nono: )....Any suggestions as far as products? I was going to try ORS scalp scrub...What do ya'll think?

ps. I have pics of my edges in my fotki album.

:newbie:

InquiringMind

I tried the Doo Gro mega thick but, I hate putting grease in my hair. I feel like it weighs it down. Is there something that I could use that would be lighter than a grease? :sad: Also is grease good to put on your scalp? I've greased my scalp all of my life. Lately, I've been hearing not to grease your scalp because it cloggs the pores. Is this true??

navsegda

InquiringMind said:
I tried the Doo Gro mega thick but, I hate putting grease in my hair. I feel like it weighs it down. Is there something that I could use that would be lighter than a grease? :sad: Also is grease good to put on your scalp? I've greased my scalp all of my life. Lately, I've been hearing not to grease your scalp because it cloggs the pores. Is this true??

Well, I know a lot of the ladies use growth aids like MTG and WGO. You could try those. I don't grease my scalp often but I do oil my scalp often with Dabur Amla Lite. I've heard some women say that they don't put anything on their scalp because it clogs their pores and prevents growth but I've never had any problems. My scalp absorbs things quickly and well (so I never get buildup) and I also wash my hair twice a week now. But if you don't wash your hair often and keep putting oils or grease on your scalp, I could see how things could build up enough to clog your pores. In that case, you're piling more stuff onto your scalp at a rate faster than your pores can absorb it.

BrooklynSouth

:) Welcome aboard the LHCF HAIR SAVER TRAIN.
I use a variety. MTG, Surge 14, Surge Woojee cream, Dr. Miracles, my own rosemary/sage/coconut oil mixture; sometimes using one after the other during the day or one only. I also moisturize the area at least three times a day, changing up with ISOPLUS lavender, ORS olive oil, carrot cream, NTM. I rarely comb my edges, a light boar hair brushing for blending the hairs back. NO stress, hats or scarves rubbing the area.

lonesomedove

I use a product by Organic Root Stimulator, I can't think of the name right now, but if you do a search I know it's been mentioned on the board before, it's worked wonders for me. It's made specifically for thinning edges.

kls4c03

lonesomedove said:
I use a product by Organic Root Stimulator, I can't think of the name right now, but if you do a search I know it's been mentioned on the board before, it's worked wonders for me. It's made specifically for thinning edges.

Is it Fertilizing Temple Balm?

CAPlush

Well, if it is a hereditary problem, maybe you should see a doc about it just in case it is hormonal. I know Empress Re-gro has minoxidil (like Rogaine) and that will help your hair grow back in. Good luck!