Thinking about going the KISS route....

SmartyPants

OK: I am getting really sick of putting MN in my hair everyday. Plus, I think the MN is causing me to get sores/pimples on my scalp. Although I am enjoying the rapid growth, I am thinking about moving to a KISS regimen without using any growth aids when I am done with the MN I already bought. I am planning to keep my vitamin regimen and wash and deep condition 3x per week (I always roller set my hair so no direct heat).

My question is: Has anyone with 4a/4b hair successfully gone from ear length to BSL/WL without using growth aids? If you have, how long did it take? The longest I have ever been able to grow my hair with no growth aids is a little past SL.

gymfreak336

I am not near BSL yet but I do think that most women here didn't use growth aids. Try looking in the feature of the month section. I hope you get more responses.

BTW....I too am on the Kiss route and my life has gotten a whole lot easier.

Traycee

2008......I'm keeping it simple too...I've never used growth aids but I was turning into a PJ ......Your hair will thank you for it!!!

Smartypants, you are on the right path. If you are getting tried of putting MN everyday, stop. Channel that energy and dedication into extra care for your hair, and I do believe its the simple things that work in the long run.

I am a strong advocate for growing hair to its maximum length without over the top growth aids. I have gone from earlength to BSL and it took me about 4 years but during those four years I had a few setbacks and I was without a powerful tool: THIS SITE!

gymfreak336

Smartypants, you are on the right path. If you are getting tried of putting MN everyday, stop. Channel that energy and dedication into extra care for your hair, and I do believe its the simple things that work in the long run.

I am a strong advocate for growing hair to its maximum length without over the top growth aids. I have gone from earlength to BSL and it took me about 4 years but during those four years I had a few setbacks and I was without a powerful tool: THIS SITE!

You have beautiful hair!

SmartyPants

Your hair is gorgeous!!!!!

I am also, reluctantly, going to get a haircut after my next relaxer. I have some really nasty ends that I have been hiding with curls. But I am at a point where I would rather go short and healthy looking than long a jacked. I just don't want to cut off so much that I can't roller set.

Thanks Smarty!!

I completely understand what you mean girl. I would so rather have healthy bouncy thick ends than see through jacked up ones. My ends are bad too right now but I am thinking of resisting the urge to cut and just keep on growing. How bad are your ends?

Your hair is gorgeous!!!!!

I am also, reluctantly, going to get a haircut after my next relaxer. I have some really nasty ends that I have been hiding with curls. But I am at a point where I would rather go short and healthy looking than long a jacked. I just don't want to cut off so much that I can't roller set.