Things to Know Before Getting First time Relaxer?

michaela

Natural 4b
Im Tired of Trying to Depend on Stylist who Does not Know How To Comb Better yet Work with Kinky Shrunken Natural hair. I feel as though im really looking for a change now its time for me to start over. I want to Enjoy my hair journey! I dont like taking 5-6 hours on wash day. but i do!I kinda think if i really want to wear my hair straight i might as well relax it. I have had Crazy heat Damage over the years from Curling irons flat irons Blow Dryers Pressing Combs marcel irons Hot Rollers. Yes I have used it all...my hair would be long but with alot of Splits and never reverted, Never hold a Curl, Eventually i would have to get it trimmed or cut because of the damage. I want to try a No heat Regi and air dry while relax. I hear alot about moisture/protein Balance. Being natural my hair hates Hard protein. The first time i got a relaxer i was 2 years old. yes i was a baby! Long story Short my hair stylist pressed it out:perplexed
What are some few basic things i should know before Relaxing?

lexi84

Sista slick has an article on this very thing....but I'm not sure if its for touch ups or for first time relaxers. :ohwell:

ajoyfuljoy

I don't know much what to say. Except I think for a virgin head you should get a good professional to do it. Maybe some ladies from your area can give you some good recommendations.

michaela

Natural 4b
My Sister Plans on Doing it. Alot of people tell her she can be a Stylist doing Relaxers getting the Hair really straight. She does'nt really trust stylist down here. To her they are more about the style rather than the Condition and health of the hair. But she is looking for a trustworthy stylist.....i really dont know a good stylist around here....So i will leave it to her