Thicker Hair

*Happily Me*

Isis, when you said you were drinking carrot juice for thickness sometime last year, that's exactly what i did.

i drank it every day for close to one year and it worked :yep:

i have to admit that i fell off. i reached a goal and i got complacent. but, I am hopping back on my regime. Carrot juice does work and it's excellent for the skin too.

:)

*Happily Me*

Isis said:
:lol: You're right Shunta. We're talking about juicing or drinking just 2 ounces each day for all the benefits. That's 1/4 of a cup of carrot juice daily. I've never gained weight from drinking carrot juice (even when I drank more).:)

AtlantaJJ - Pure carrot juice goes straight into the bloodstream rather than just run straight through the body.

SunnyBunny - I prefer juicing over canned juice anyway and I love the taste of pure carrot juice. :lick: It was the canned that had an aftertaste to me.

me too.

i brought a juicer and i would juice o
organic carrots, apple and ginger. i'd pour my flax seed oil in there.

Isis

DSylla said:
Isis, when you said you were drinking carrot juice for thickness sometime last year, that's exactly what i did.

i drank it every day for close to one year and it worked :yep:

i have to admit that i fell off. i reached a goal and i got complacent. but, I am hopping back on my regime. Carrot juice does work and it's excellent for the skin too.

:)
What a great testimonial you are DSylla! Your hair is super thick and beautiful too!! :love:

Country gal

Castor oil worked wonders for my hair. I used castor oil and it helped to really thicken my hair. I pour it in an applicator bottle and oil my scalp with it. I also apply to my hair as a moisturizer (sp). I don’t comb my hair often. I use a denman brush for wash day. I very rarely use heat on my hair.

princesslocks

Carrot Juice will defintely work. I just bought a juicer and I have a fresh glass of carrot-apple-ginger juice every morning.

Great for Hair and Skin. ;)

AtlantaJJ

Juicer Recommendations Please?

Okay, I'm in the market for a juicer. I'm going to post an O.T. thread to find out a good brand, not to high end, but effective and easy to clean...key factor for me. I see they have a gazillion of them for sale on Ebay....

Please let me know what your experiences have been with your juicers. I've been thinking about getting one for a while, this thread is my confirmation! :yay:

Re: Juicer Recommendations Please?

AtlantaJJ said:
Okay, I'm in the market for a juicer. I'm going to post an O.T. thread to find out a good brand, not to high end, but effective and easy to clean...key factor for me. I see they have a gazillion of them for sale on Ebay....

Please let me know what your experiences have been with your juicers. I've been thinking about getting one for a while, this thread is my confirmation! :yay:

I'm going to start juicing again too. I had a Juiceman before and it was pretty good. I ended up breaking it when I moved and will be purchasing the same kind again.

divinefavor

Ladies,

How may carrots are you juicing to get 1/4 cup of juice? Are these baby carrots that you're using?

I've had a juicer for almost 3 years and only used it a few times. It's time for me to get some use out of it. :lol:

Ayeshia

oh god I could only imagine what mines would be like if I indulged in carrot juice. my hair is bigger than my body now :rofl: B vitamins are known to help with thickness as well esp B5 aka panothentic acid (sp?) but Im not too sure .

Isis

I totally agree with Babygurl about no heat thickening the hair.

I know peanuts are good for the heart and peanut oil is good for the hair, but I didn't know about peanut butter's affect on thickening the hair. I love organic peanut butter and have been eating it for years. Can you elaborate Gn1g and Leontyneb on how you noticed peanut butter worked for your hair?

seymone

I totally understand.. Micro braids make me get bald patches. I was going to put in medium size braids and see whats happens. If my hair thrives I will keep it. I plan on do aphogee protein treatment every 8 weeks.. That should help it. I thank you for your advice.

seymone

I definitely think I am going to get a juicer now.. The health food store by my house is outrageous and they only do 10 oz.. Any advice on juicer would be greatly appreciated.

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
KiniKakes said:
Biotin and MTG have helped thicken my hair. Also, stretching my relaxers, eliminating daily combing, and eliminating nightly wrapping has helped as well. I only use a mild relaxer now.... years ago i was using regular. *smh* Big mistake. My hair never needed a regular relaxer to get straight.

I also snack on mini carrots almost daily, and Im thinking that may have helped as well.

I have VERY fine, thin hair with few follicles/strands.... but my hair has thickened up substantially in the last year! I sometimes look at my hair in the mirror and cant believe its mine. :lol: Its really come full circle.
Thanks for the inspiration. I too have thin, fine hair! You hair looks fab!

Blu217

When ya'll are talking about thicker hair, you do mean these treatments help expand the size of the hair itself and NOT that these methods will kickstart the growth of new hair?

chiprecious

I do think braids left in too long will thin it out, but I always thought that was worse with us relaxed heads since it's already more fragile due to the chemical. But I don't think anyone should wear braids all the time with added hair.

seymone said:
I am really messed up now.. Do you think it will be better if I alternate braiding and wearing my hair out? My hair is totally natural do you think it should be able to withstand braids.

princesslocks

Re: Juicer Recommendations Please?

AtlantaJJ said:

The juicer that I have is the Breville 800. It performs pretty well and has relatively easy clean up. You'll have juice in less than a minute.

HTH

locabouthair

chiprecious said:
I do think braids left in too long will thin it out, but I always thought that was worse with us relaxed heads since it's already more fragile due to the chemical. But I don't think anyone should wear braids all the time with added hair.

my hairdresser always used to tell me that braids cause the hair to loose elasticity and weakens hair expescially if its relaxed. but thats her opinion.

e$h

princesmich said:
For thicker hair, garlic shampoo to stop hair loss retain length, castor oil on the scalp and as a hot oil treatment.

Where can one find some garlic poo?

LABETT

Surge,MTG and Castor oil help thicken up my hair.
I need to start using my Nutrine garlic poo again.
You can order Nutrine garlic shampoo scented or unscented from Ibeauty.com.

princesmich

actually carrot juice is a diuretic, it aids in weight loss, so if you're gaining weight you may want to consider if you're a diebetic or if other things in your diet is contributing. I drink carrot juice everyday and i've lost aprox. 60 lbs in the last year after giving birth to my second child. carrot juice has aided me in my weight losss, I read this in medical books years ago. when i'm not juicing then I gain weight

Cayenne0622

Blu217 said:
When ya'll are talking about thicker hair, you do mean these treatments help expand the size of the hair itself and NOT that these methods will kickstart the growth of new hair?

Thread jacking!!!! I love your pic of you and your dog. My puppy Chopper is the love of my life too! :D

Okay, back to the thick hair stuff. I'm all over your tips! Thanks ladies. I have one of those Jack L juicers...really nice. I hate the parts the though...to much to wash! argh! I haven't used it in a while but I will be using it for my carrot juice going forward. Thanks!

MISSYMA

prinsmich, how much carrot juice due you drink daily for weight loss and what do you mix it with? I imagine you have beautiful skin also, I used to juice I need to start again, how many carrots

Isis

Isis said:
I totally agree with Babygurl about no heat thickening the hair.

I know peanuts are good for the heart and peanut oil is good for the hair, but I didn't know about peanut butter's affect on thickening the hair. I love organic peanut butter and have been eating it for years. Can you elaborate Gn1g and Leontyneb on how you noticed peanut butter worked for your hair?
Bumping for a reply.

Also bumping for MISSYMA and some others....:)

princesmich

MISSYMA said:
prinsmich, how much carrot juice due you drink daily for weight loss and what do you mix it with? I imagine you have beautiful skin also, I used to juice I need to start again, how many carrots
I juice 4 carrots and 2 celery sticks everyday to make one glass of juice, I also limit fried foods and watch my portions