thicker hair and ponytails

SqrpioQutie

for my thicker haired ladies, what do you to secure your ponytails??

when my hair is wet, i can use my scunci bands and wrap it around twice so that it's firm but not tight...

but when my hair is airdried and i want to make a ponytail, i'm at a loss as to what to use because those bands will only fit around once... i can sometimes use the goodies stay put band but those tangle easily and i lose hair (http://www.goody.com/images/group/thumb/30251_on.jpg).

what do you guys use?

PatTodd

I don't consider my hair thick but....I wanted an alternative to the thin hair hosiery bands in your post, because I felt that they were so thin that I would break some hair when I would "unravel" them from my hair to remove them. I wanted something in between hair hosiery and a small scrunchy. I had some black support hose/tights that I had worn when I was pregnant that I was about to discard. I cut wide bands from the legs and "rolled" them up so they resembled a very big piece of hair hosiery, and that's what I use to hold my hair. They are a little bit conspicuous, but they hold my hair well and I don't experience any breakage. Whenever they get too full of hair product or whatever, I actually throw them in the lingerie bag with my pantyhose to wash them.