THICK EYEBROWS!!!!!!!!!!

mahogani

Ladies i have very thick eyebrows that i used to get waxed until the person who worked at the salon moved away! Does anyone here from new york know of a place where i can have my eyebrows cleaned and keeps the thickness with a little arching.Thanks ladies !!!!!!

Nonie

Mahogani, sorry I don't have the answer to your question but I wondered if I can have whatever you shave off. I could use a weave in that area.

mahogani

your'e cute i got them from my daddy!,my sister,brother has them as well i wish i could share with you.

Nonie

Life kinda played me so that my share of 'brows was saved up in the womb and the lot given to my baby sister. She has thick, dark, beautiful ones that have such possibilities.

Hey Nessa, wanna be my eyebrow growing buddy?
We can start a regimen: castor oil/vitamin E oil application...massage...gentle brushing to style with protein colorless mascara...
And then we can compare results later. So wha' d'you say? We can write a book about it later.

Allandra

I have thick dark eyebrows that I got 'cleaned up' for the first time last month. They look great, and I'm glad they're still nice and thick.

diamond_nh

There is a nail salon that does eyebrows across the street from Macy's in Manhattan. They are good depending on who you get, the better they come out.

Then there is a nail shop downtown brooklyn called Magic Design. It is located at 23 Bond Street bet. Fulton and Livingston. The woman who did it for me was Mimi and no one has ever done it better. She asks you if you want it thick or not. All you have to do is tell her.

I am sure there are tons of others in NY.

ineedmoney

[ QUOTE ]
Mahogani, sorry I don't have the answer to your question but I wondered if I can have whatever you shave off. I could use a weave in that area.

[/ QUOTE ]
eyebrow weaves. come on now.

AMBERSKYE

Mahogani,
I get my semi-thick eyebrows threaded at The Bombay Salon.
This salon specializes in eyebrow threading.
A string/thread is used to pull individual hairs.
The results are precise and my arch is natural looking.
I go once a month to get a SHAPE-UP.
I believe the $7 FEE is reasonable, as well!

If you're interested, the address is:

80 West 36th St. @6th Avenue. (South East Corner)
Tele (212) 695-1111 *Ask For Maju or Rozy*

Nonie

Ineedmoney, necessity is the mother of invention. You'll be surprised what people could come up with if the demand was there. It's just that so far it's only Nessa and me, and that's not enough to affect supply.
I'm sure transplants are a possibility but none of my friends have volunteered the funds.

diamond_nh

I saw threading on the show "Glow" on the style channel. I would love to try that. And the woman they were doing it to said that it didn't hurt at all.

cutebajangirl

[ QUOTE ]
There is a nail salon that does eyebrows across the street from Macy's in Manhattan. They are good depending on who you get, the better they come out.

Then there is a nail shop downtown brooklyn called Magic Design. It is located at 23 Bond Street bet. Fulton and Livingston. The woman who did it for me was Mimi and no one has ever done it better. She asks you if you want it thick or not. All you have to do is tell her.

I am sure there are tons of others in NY.

[/ QUOTE ]
diamond , who would you recommend at the first place?
CBG

AMBERSKYE

CBG,
The salon that Diamond_nh is talking about is Lawrence Nail.
The address is 110 West 34th St. Its on the 2nd floor, on top of Duane Reade and Payless. They use the waxing method.