question regarding the hair on my face....

Avaya

...no, I'm not talking about a mustache :lol: , I'm talking about my eyebrows. I have two questions mainly for the ladies that live in Chicago:

1. Where can I go to get my eyebrows tinted? Or for ladies outside of Chicago, is there some at-home-method I can use?

2. Has anyone ever gotten their eyebrows threaded by the Indian women (like up north near Devon) and if so, who's your go-to person? ( I don't like the way the Egyptian men at Ossama's do it; they just make my eyebrows thiner rather than arched).

There's not a lot of activity on the Salon's board so I thought I'd post these questions here. Thanks for your assitance! I'm on a mission to become "fabolous & fierce" this summer!
:dance7:

Chaya

PrincessAvaya said:
...no, I'm not talking about a mustache :lol: , I'm talking about my eyebrows. I have two questions mainly for the ladies that live in Chicago:

1. Where can I go to get my eyebrows tinted? Or for ladies outside of Chicago, is there some at-home-method I can use?

2. Has anyone ever gotten their eyebrows threaded by the Indian women (like up north near Devon) and if so, who's your go-to person? ( I don't like the way the Egyptian men at Ossama's do it; they just make my eyebrows thiner rather than arched).

There's not a lot of activity on the Salon's board so I thought I'd post these questions here. Thanks for your assitance! I'm on a mission to become "fabolous & fierce" this summer!
:dance7:

Hey girl
I live in CHicago and yes I get my eyebrows threaded by the Indian women. I go to this place near the hospital I work at ( Ressurrection). Its on the corner of talcott and the street that is two blocks west of Harlem. I cant think of the name. its not as far as Canfield though. I believe the name is Mena's or something. I agree with you at Ossmas. they just cant do it right.

Avaya

Thanks Chaya, I know where Ressurection is. I'll check that place out.

LOL at Neroli :lol: :lol: :lol: ! The owner is named Ossama. He has two shops that I know of in Chicago. He used to do Oprah's hair back in the day. The shop had a hard time after 9/11 but now everything is back to normal. They aren't Middle Eastern they are North African (Egyptian). They mainly do blow outs there. Alot of mad, crazy heat but you leave out with your hair bouncing all over the place... and it ain't cheap!

Any info on eyebrow tinting? I think darker eyebrows will really make my eyes "Pop!" (I almost wrote poop... not the look I'm going for :lachen: )!

Neroli

PrincessAvaya said:
LOL at Neroli :lol: :lol: :lol: ! The owner is named Ossama. He has two shops that I know of in Chicago. He used to do Oprah's hair back in the day. The shop had a hard time after 9/11 but now everything is back to normal. They aren't Middle Eastern they are North African (Egyptian).

Yeah, I guess post 9/11 must have been rough. I just couldn't help commenting . . .