The Weave secret!!

butterfly_wings

I recently attended a local hair event and there was a spokeswoman from a major hair company, I’m not going to say the companies name here but it beings with S**** (PM me if you want to know)

Anyway she told us that all the hair brands that sell weaves, braiding hair etc ALL originate from this one company (S****) in China, their factory is huge about the size of Central London about 600 sq miles (I know hard to believe!) Apparently all of the other major hair companies buy the hair from them and re-package it, so if you are a loyal customer of a particular brand it doesn’t make a difference as it is all the same hair. Once the hair is brought back to their own individual factory they may treat it in different ways i.e. coatings etc...

ALSO when the packets say 100% Human hair (wigs and weaves included) it is NOT human hair it is about 25% HH the rest are synthetic fibres, there is just not enough HH to cater to the black hair shop customers to that degree. The only hair that is 100% human hair is Brazilian, Indian and European hair (this is the hair you can dye if you wish) this hair has literally come off another human head this is why it is so expensive £120 compared with £20, the other is factory made human hair (think real diamond and laboratory made diamond).

Shocking

bellebebe

So... how can I buy hair from China? Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

mischka

shrinkage.
When I wore weave, I wore Indian donor hair... it was ever so pretty... I had the most fabulous sew in ever using that hair... *resists the urge to post pics*

Roux

Yeah this isn't true. You've been told the half truth...meh maybe quarter truth.

Tiye

You should check out black hair media - the weave section. There's a lot more to the story than the hair spokeswoman says and also there are many factories not just one. Go to bhm and read all about it - it will take you a while.

And also note everyone tells the synthetic blend (or horse, or dog, yadda, yadda) story when they're trying to upsell you their "remy" product. Nothing wrong with sales but there are plenty of sales pitches that don't involve misleading the customer.

Eiano

I definitely believe the part about Human Hair not being 100% human hair.... If that were the case, the women in Baltimore *alone* would account for 90% of the "human-hair" extensions of the world.

butterfly_wings

Hi

This information came from the company, she wasnt a spokeswoman and wasn't trying to sell us anything, in fact she wasn't even supposed to have told us what she did, she just told us this information as this was an event for women trying to get into the hair business.

I know there is more than 1 factory in China, I was just pointing out that the hair comes from one major factory and is then fillered out into the smaller factories owned by other companies where they brand it to suit.

The packets that are marked 100% HH are not, the hair that you by by weight is, ask some of the companies and see if you get a honest answer. Personally I wonder how they managed to get away with it.

Theresamonet

Hi

This information came from the company, she wasnt a spokeswoman
and wasn't trying to sell us anything, in fact she wasn't even supposed to have told us what she did, she just told us this information as this was an event for women trying to get into the hair business.

I know there is more than 1 factory in China, I was just pointing out that the hair comes from one major factory and is then fillered out into the smaller factories owned by other companies where they brand it to suit.

The packets that are marked 100% HH are not, the hair that you by by weight is, ask some of the companies and see if you get a honest answer. Personally I wonder how they managed to get away with it.

:lol: But you just said...

I recently attended a local hair event and there was a spokeswoman from a major hair company, I’m not going to say the companies name here but it beings with S**** (PM me if you want to know)

Anyway she told us

Fine 4s

Hi

This information came from the company, she wasnt a spokeswoman and wasn't trying to sell us anything, in fact she wasn't even supposed to have told us what she did, she just told us this information as this was an event for women trying to get into the hair business.

Did she say she wasn't suppose to tell?

Mis007

It's no secret that so called 100% hh is mixed with other fibres, all you need to do is compare the real stuff to those sold at the local Bss .

Roux

What she told you isn't a secret at all. Hell it's the american way. Like I said she told you the quarter truth and not the whole truth mixed in with some lies to be honest.

Human hair is out there...and it's plentiful. Chinese and Indian to be exact. Some European hair for Kosher wigs.

Brazilian hair is the biggest hair myth out on the market right now. You're getting Indian hair that's been processed for curls more than likely.

Anyways...that lady aint told you jack. Want to really know the truth? Hit up BHM and/or Google.

butterfly_wings

What she told you isn't a secret at all. Hell it's the american way. Like I said she told you the quarter truth and not the whole truth mixed in with some lies to be honest.

Human hair is out there...and it's plentiful. Chinese and Indian to be exact. Some European hair for Kosher wigs.

Brazilian hair is the biggest hair myth out on the market right now. You're getting Indian hair that's been processed for curls more than likely.

Anyways...that lady aint told you jack. Want to really know the truth? Hit up BHM and/or Google.

Lol, thanks, maybe things are diffrent in the UK. Thanks for your thoughts though! :)

Roux

No, it's the same. I have UK friends that are vendors buying directly from China and India too. The weave game isn't broken up by territory.

butterfly_wings

No, it's the same. I have UK friends that are vendors buying directly from China and India too. The weave game isn't broken up by territory.

I agree, you can buy hair directly from China it seems to be the most efficient way. But most of the mainstream brands come from the same place, so I don't really understand your point, please explain

Why say it is the american way if it isn’t broken up by territories?

Roux

I meant the American way as if capitalism and using cheap labor and sweat shops and making a huge profit.

But this woman gave you a lot of misinformation as a whole based on the info in your OP. 100% human hair DOES exist as well as 100% virgin hair. All hair is of Chinese, Indian, and European origin. A few companies have been supplying Cambodian and Vietnamese but the first three mentioned is what is circulated the most...Indian being cheapest.

Brazillian hair is a outright lie. It's usually processed Indian hair with a ridiculous markup. Brazilian women aren't cutting their hair off, and there is no way to determine brazilian hair since there is every race known to man in Brazil. That is like trying to get virgin american hair...like what does that even mean?

Sorry if I confused you by my expression earlier. Moral of the story is: find a good Chinese Vendor if you really want a great price on wefted hair or lace wigs otherwise you are paying 200% markup with any American Company.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
You know, working in the legal industry representing dozens of GREEDY companies when they are outed for their lies (my firm's clients include: Apple, AT&T, NASDAQ, Kaiser Permanente...just to name a few) I just have to warn you: don't believe ANYTHING company employees tell you unless you A) know them or B) can back up their stories with factual evidence. I don't know much about the weave game, but I do know something fishy when I see it (because the firm I work for are some the people companies hire to be the air freshener...as our partner puts it)

At any rate, it's interesting that she would tell you this, but could it be that the company she works for was the company with the huge factory and her angle is that you might as well buy directly from them...since they hair all comes from them anyway...IDK, I just don't trust any companies about anything ever...

Very Interesting. I'm starting to buy my hair straight from China and bypass the middle man.

But down to the real business, Anastaja11 tell me about buying this hair directly from China; I want to do it but I would feel better if I knew about a few reputable dealers.

butterfly_wings

I know Human hair does exist, but the 'regular' HH that you buy from the black hair store is not 100% human hair.

That is all I have to say on this, I was just sharing my findings with the other ladies of the forum, yur welcome to your opinion however I don’t agree

Roux

But down to the real business, @Anastaja11 tell me about buying this hair directly from China; I want to do it but I would feel better if I knew about a few reputable dealers.

I've made purchases from a few CV's and one IV. The key is research and ensuring that they accept paypal. Also, knowing that you're ordering. I'm personally not a fan of virgin hair but making sure that your CV is selling you VIRGIN hair and not just cuticle REMY hair.

The shipping is usually sorta high, around 25-35 but if you are ordering something that is in stock then you will usually get it in about 2 days. I usually do custom orders and request that they duplicate custom patterns based from photos and that takes about two weeks to process and two days to ship.

If you want a list of vendors feel free to pm me.

itsjusthair88

Chronically at BSL -_-
I've made purchases from a few CV's and one IV. The key is research and ensuring that they accept paypal. Also, knowing that you're ordering. I'm personally not a fan of virgin hair but making sure that your CV is selling you VIRGIN hair and not just cuticle REMY hair.

The shipping is usually sorta high, around 25-35 but if you are ordering something that is in stock then you will usually get it in about 2 days. I usually do custom orders and request that they duplicate custom patterns based from photos and that takes about two weeks to process and two days to ship.

If you want a list of vendors feel free to pm me.

YES, I will be pm'ing you ma'am...lol

vkb247

The best hair comes from India not China if we're talking quality. Most of the hair you see in movies and in videos is Indian temple hair and you can buy directly from Indian vendors.

What OP said about packaged hair at BSS is correct.

hothair

OP to a large extent she told you the truth. I sourced hair in China (brazillian etc) and although there are numerous treatment factories/brands most of their source was one huge company. The BSS hair is not necessarily fake hair but the left-over hair collected from the processing. Chinese get their hair from everywhere -yes including India and even Eastern Europe, they are serious entrepreneurs and only do things large scale (pls note this is not talking about "small" companies online).

In fact the major supplier was only supplying one length of hair/same colour for a minimum of 3000 pcs anything less the company wasn't interested. So yes the Chinese do have a stranglehold on the hair industry and not even the Indians can compete.

Ignore the media hype- I wish more African countries could adopt China's business policies.

Jewell

So... how can I buy hair from China? Lol

Sent from my PC36100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

If you are confident enough to buy from a Chinese seller on Ebay (there are thousands of them, and you can tell by the item location being in Hong Kong, and other Chinese provinces or cities that they are selling directly from the country). I say confident enough because many times it takes up to 18-22 days to get hair from China or Australia (but I have ordered hand-made Chinese wigs and have received one in as little as 7 days)...and sometimes the Chinese folks like to take your money and not send the item...then act like it got held up by customs or lost in the mail.

Don't buy from them if they have less than 98.9% positive feedback...and even so, READ the recent feedback. If you don't get your item after 25 days, contact Ebay and they will promptly allow you to open a case and get a refund...then Ebay will go after the seller for recourse. I've saved a lot of money buying hair from China direct...I'm talking big bucks compared to American locale, Asian-owned BSS prices.

As for the OP, I knew of this many years ago...and it doesn't surprise me. The Chinese have had a strangle hold on the weave and human hair industry since it became mainstream in the early 1990's. Wish OUR PEOPLE had the manufacturing connects, but I've been told the Chinese don't allow Black folks the necessary contacts to open a BSS of their own, and it is EXTREMELY difficult to be very successful owning a BSS and getting the hair since it comes from China....and I've heard of Black owners going out of business b/c if Blacks start to out-do Chinese with the hair, then the Chinese will be out on the porch!

Realistically, there are billions of people in China. African-Americans are a minority, but we are the BIGGEST CONSUMERS in the U.S. when it comes to spending our money on cars, clothes, hair, nails, electronics, etc. So, I foresee the Chinese and other Asians (Koreans, Vietnamese) dominating the hair industry for many decades to come.

ETA: I went back and read the entire OP...and I don't believe that of the billions of people on this earth there is not enough HH to accomodate a few million women who do need to wear weaves or choose to...she lied to herself when she said there is not enough HH to go around. That is a real crock.:nono:

Last edited:

blackbarbie986

If you're really interested in finding out about ordering straight from the vendor, go read up on BHM. Those ladies have TONS of info about it.

ms.blue

There are wholesale places such as alibaba, dhgate, tradekey, etc where you can get hair at cheaper prices. I agree w/ roux and get virgin hair or virgin hair processed for texture (curl, wave, yaki, etc)-no remy hair (especially indian remy which normally is lower quality than virgin hair). Ask plenty of questions to the chinese vendors and make sure they take paypal. Most important research.