***THE SWITCH: FROM NO-LYE TO LYE****

JuicesN'Berries

Hi ladies I was wondering if there are certain precautions that I must take when switching from no lye to lye??

I have some more questions but I can't think of them right now....

Oh....is ORS Lye a good one to switch too....I keep hearing you ladies rave about lye relaxers and now I'm intrigued...

I hear alot of ladies say if it ain't broke don't fix it....and that they are sticking with no-lye...but how do I know it ain't broke!!??? Lye might be the best thing that happened to me...!!! TIA

sorry for rambling..

IntoMyhair

I would like to know this also. I have used Optimum Care anti breakage mild for years. Last relaxer after 4 stores i could not find the mild only regular. I would like to know what else is out there.

ajoyfuljoy

i just switched to Hawaiian Silky Lye. I noticed that the last couple of inches of my hair act funny. I just want to make sure that as my relaxed hair gets older I won't have any problems with it. I want those strands to be in tact for as long as possible. So that is why I switched.

MoniintheMiddle

I believe that if you are not having problems with the no-lye relaxer then you should stick with it. You will know that "it ain't broke" by the overall condition of your hair (if your reggie is tried and true). Many on the board say that no-lye dries their hair out....probably due to calcium build up but a ORS Aloe Shampoo works wonders for me to eliminate that.
Does your hair appear to be damaged?