ORS lye vs no-lye

Which one relaxes better?

• ORS no-lye

Votes: 23 41.8%
  • ORS lye

Votes: 32 58.2%

• Total voters

prettywhitty

I have been relaxing with ORS no lye and was thinking about switching to lye. I have read the ORS lye and no lye threads but I wanted to know if anyone has switched to lye from no lye and what the results were.

homegirljiggy

I've used both... I love the no lye but it sometimes left me with too much shedding and build up... the LYE is the bomb, it works wonders and my hair feels lovely afterwards... and I didnt base my scalp by accident and no burns!!!, go for it I suggest buying the poo, relaxer, and conditioner... oh and I also use Aphogee 2 min reconstructer for 5 minutes after I rinse but before I neutralize, rinse, condition with pak under dryer,rinse, then spray aphogee green tea reconstructor. ur going to like it especially if you like the no-lye

jade998

Those who have used both, does it burn? I have bought the No Lye, but seeing as it is cheap, I could go get the lyr today, as I am planning on relaxing virgin hair tomorrow.

Any help would be appreciated. Don't want shedding and build up. Thanks xxxxxxx

prettypuff1

i have used the no-lye and i did get some burning from it. i have never tried lye( i was always told it was wrong)

HERicane10

I really love the ORS lye! I was using Vitale Life & Body and swore I'd never change....but when my BSS finally got the ORS lye.......it just kept calling my name!:grin: I love the softness and silkiness it gives. I use the neutralizing creamy aloe poo ( it removes calcium buildup) instead of their new neutralizing poo, Ultra SHeen Duo-tex reconstructor, & then ORS Replenishing pak for DC.

divinefavor

Do any of you have fine hair and/or sensitive scalp? Have you experienced any problems with burning or shedding/breakage from switching?

HERicane10

divinefavor said:
Do any of you have fine hair and/or sensitive scalp? Have you experienced any problems with burning or shedding/breakage from switching?

I have fine hair! My hair loves it! Even when I was using Vitale, I used the lye relaxer. All regular/normal strength.:)

V

vivadiva85

jade998 said:
Those who have used both, does it burn? I have bought the No Lye, but seeing as it is cheap, I could go get the lyr today, as I am planning on relaxing virgin hair tomorrow.

Any help would be appreciated. Don't want shedding and build up. Thanks xxxxxxx

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I hope everything goes well for ya!

I just self relaxed for the first time this morning :eek: I used ORS no lye. I started to get the lye, but if I was to buy the whole product line along with the lye relaxer, it would have exceeded my budget, so it wasn't really feasible. I'll try it with my next relaxer in august though.

So far, so good with the no lye. I mean, I think I did a good job I think I'm gonna do a ponytail rollerset cause I'm too lazy to do anything else.

jade998

I already have all the product range, I got the box with 2 applications in it as I hd to do natural hair after 2.5 years. So I could get the lye and use it. People always say that Lye is better... I am not sure. I hate burning though!
ARGHHH.. decisions

CAPlush

HERicane10 said:
I have fine hair! My hair loves it! Even when I was using Vitale, I used the lye relaxer. All regular/normal strength.:)

Get the normal strength, it is made for fine/normal hair and I have a mixture of both on my head and it straightens just fine w/o overprocessing me. I have not experienced any shedding or hair loss from the ORS lye.:)

divinefavor

Thanks so much you all for your comments! I haven't used lye in like 6 years due to it burning so bad. But, I must say that when I was using lye, my hair had more life to it and a natural shine.

MzRhonda

divinefavor said:
Thanks so much you all for your comments! I haven't used lye in like 6 years due to it burning so bad. But, I must say that when I was using lye, my hair had more life to it and a natural shine.

I switched from no-lye to lye several years ago due to this board and I love it. The shine, the body and life is amazing. No more dry dull hair. JMO.

I will be using ORS lye for the 1st time next weekend switching from Motions lye.

prettywhitty

So I went to the BSS and bought the lye. I have relaxed and now I am doing a DC. I'll let ya'll know how it came out.

ETA: This stuff is awesome! My hair is so soft and shiny. I did a rollerset and it came out really well. I am sticking with the ORS lye.

Last edited:

divinefavor

Did you put pics in your album?

I think I may make the switch from ORS No Lye to ORS Lye. I have to think it about some more though. I'm such a chicken with some things.:grin:

MzRhonda

divinefavor said:
Did you put pics in your album?

I think I may make the switch from ORS No Lye to ORS Lye. I have to think it about some more though. I'm such a chicken with some things.:grin:

I switched from lye to no lye a few years ago and suffered no damage and it was the best move I made for my hair, IMO.

Now you know as long as you have been on LHCF you know better than anyone how to take care of your hair IMO that is the problem with most people. Don't be a chicken, you'll be fine. :)

divinefavor

MzRhonda said:
I switched from lye to no lye a few years ago and suffered no damage and it was the best move I made for my hair, IMO.

Now you know as long as you have been on LHCF you know better than anyone how to take care of your hair IMO that is the problem with most people. Don't be a chicken, you'll be fine. :)

Thanks Rhonda!!!

divinefavor

Lissa0821 said:
Where can I find ORS Lye relaxer in Atlanta??? I see the no-lye everywhere.

Lissa, I saw the ORS Lye relaxer in a BSS near me. It's in Lawrenceville off of Riverside Pkwy. The only thing they had though was the extra strength and I need the normal for fine/medium hair.

MzRhonda

I could not wait until next weekend :lol: so I ORS'd last night :lachen: and I am in LOVE and in heaven...this stuff is Da Bomb...no burning at all.....I got silkiness, shine, body and swang!!!! I am never going back to Motions or any other relaxer product.

BTW, I also applied my Bigen color after neutralizing.

divinefavor

It looks like I may have to stick to the ORS No-lye for my touch-up this week. I've only found the Lye in the extra strength in a BSS near me. I cannot find the the normal strength for fine hair anywhere.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
divinefavor said:
It looks like I may have to stick to the ORS No-lye for my touch-up this week. I've only found the Lye in the extra strength in a BSS near me. I cannot find the the normal strength for fine hair anywhere.

Hmmm... that's strange that you can't find it in that area. Did you try Stone Mountain (Memorial Drive), Decatur (South Dekalb) or Candler Road?

LadyCee

NOW TAT I NO WHICH ONES U GUYS PREFER WAT IS THE REAL DIFFERENCE BTW LYE AND NO-LYE IS IT 4 a certain type of hair? REPLY PLZ

BUMP BUMP BUMPING UP

Saida

this might be a stupid question but where do you buy it?? ive only seen the no lye, if ors means Organic root stimulator?? can anyone put in a link I tried to google it also, they only show the no lye... :look:

shawniegee

New Cut for '09
I voted for lye. My hair stopped holding moisture after a while with the no-lye. It' s made a major difference. But my scalp doesn't like it though. So I don't know what to do. Maybe a long strectch, will help.