THE perfect leave in?? Finally!

mangojuice33

Im about 9 months into my hair journey, and although I now have DCing and moisture/protein balance on lock, the issue of leave in has been a long road of trial and error. At the moment i wash, airdry and flat iron every 5/6 days. These are the criteria I judge a leave in on:

1)Detangling ability: My damp relaxed hair is very wavy so even with a wide tooth comb i need slip!

2)Shine: Who doesn’t want this? :drunk:

3) Moisture: Prevents breakage. I personally prefer not to have to moisturise every day.

4)Compatibility with heat: It has to work with my flat iron. No smoke or burning.

5)Effect on volume: I have fine hair but i still want it to bounce!:trampolin

6)The Day after: After all that hard work i want at least 3 days of fantastic hair.
Some of the leave ins I have tried:

Pantene NatureFusion Leave in Conditioner: Silky, Shiny, Smooth. But is very cone heavy, dry straw hair the day after. Also takes some volume out of my hair.

Hello Hydration: Shine galore! And smells fantastic. But seems to react with heat, some smoking with the flat iron and breakage the day after. Will use for braidouts in future.

Palmers Olive Oil Hair Milk: Very moisturising. Provides most heat protection. Keeps volume. But no shine! Can be quite sticky. Good for moisturising edges and nape.

Aphogee Pro-Vitamin Leave in: Yuk. Good shine, not enough moisture. Left hair flat and thin looking. Gave my horsey-feeling hair..Have sold it! Lol

Nexxus Phytoorganics Humcetin: Smells amazing, but little slip.

Nexxus Phytoorganics Luxxtress leave in: Better as a spray moisturiser. ALOT of Panthenol so can make hair a little stiff.

My new LOVE: Loreal Elvive Anti Breakage Styling Cream.
:kisses:
Ingredients: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetyl esters, Behentrimonium Chloride, Tricedeth-6, Chlorohexidine Dihydrochloride, Limonene, Evening Primrose Oil, Linalool, Amodimethicone....and others.
This stuff is AMAZING. My hair is shiny, full, thick, bouncy and well moisturised. Im 3 days post wash and haven’t had to moisturise my ends yet. Good slip, and even makes my airdried hair a lot straighter. And my newrowth is soft and manageable! (10 weeks post!!) :spinning: No breakage when combing. I believe it is and import from the Middle East as i have not seen it in UK stores . I got this off ebay for around £2 ($4) for 200mls. You only need a little so its very affordable as well.

I hope this helps anyone still searching for THE ONE lol. If anyone wants ingredients... just ask :drunk:

See pics below:

Attachments

• P1010724.JPG
    P1010724.JPG
    29 KB · Views: 76
  • P1010708.JPG
    P1010708.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 55
  • P1010710.JPG
    P1010710.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
:blush: Do you know how many times I've picked this up and put it back down at the supermarket?? :wallbash: lol

Thanks for the review. I know to keep it in my basket next time.

Thanks for the review. It is very hard to find a great leave in. I am glad that you found yours. Your hair looks so shiny and healthy.

Wow. i see this every time at the grocery store. my husband tried the mask, shampoo and conditioner sometime back but i never thought it was anything special. MangoJuice did u try the rest and what where your results?

Wow. i see this every time at the grocery store. my husband tried the mask, shampoo and conditioner sometime back but i never thought it was anything special. MangoJuice did u try the rest and what where your results?

I used Loreal Elvive Damage Care (in the pot) for my DC, 20 min with heating cap. I also have the Smooth Intense Mask (the one supposed to be comparable to Kerastase) I find them really good! Great moisture with just enough cones to make detangling a pleasure! You have to make sure youre getting a protein hit from another product though. I havent tried the shampoos... and dont intend to. Since they are drugstore brands they are affordable and you can gloop them on by the handful (which i like to do lol.:yep:) so i can save my Mizani products for emergencies.

Pantene Masks feel l wonderful when my hair is wet, but i get straw hair the day after.

Thanks for the review. It is very hard to find a great leave in. I am glad that you found yours. Your hair looks so shiny and healthy.

Thanks for the compliments ladies, im blushing :blush: I hope somone will love it as much as I do and join me in HAIR HEAVEN!

Back