The L.o.c. Method. Using Water As Your L?

L.Brown1114

i wanted to try the LOC method but I have medium(normal) porosity hair so using a leave in and a moisturizer will weigh it down and cause me to have to clarify more. It wouldn’t be an issue if I didn’t have dry scalp issues and prefer to use moisturizing shampoos.

Anywho if I use water as my L, I’m essentially moisturizing and sealing backwards. Has anyone else done this? I was thinking of switching since oils tend to just sit on top of my hair no matter how light they are. Maybe this switch would help get the oil in to let it do it’s job?

i wanted to try the LOC method but I have medium(normal) porosity hair so using a leave in and a moisturizer will weigh it down and cause me to have to clarify more. It wouldn’t be an issue if I didn’t have dry scalp issues and prefer to use moisturizing shampoos.

Anywho if I use water as my L, I’m essentially moisturizing and sealing backwards. Has anyone else done this? I was thinking of switching since oils tend to just sit on top of my hair no matter how light they are. Maybe this switch would help get the oil in to let it do it’s job?
TBH don't get caught up. You just have to experiment and see what works for you. I usually do a leave in, cream and an oil based butter. It really depends on the products you use

I do oil and water (oil wash or oil rinse) and occasionally gel. The trick is making sure the hair is saturated with warm water, finding the right oil(s), and using the right amount of oil.

Back