The first wash after a relaxer.... Are you able to keep the silkiness?

vevster

I just wash and set my hair after my touch up on Thursday.

The first wash after a touch up the hair always has so much slip. Is anyone able to keep that feeling in subsequent washes?

secretrose

I just wash and set my hair after my touch up on Thursday.

The first wash after a touch up the hair always has so much slip. Is anyone able to keep that feeling in subsequent washes?

i was actually just thinking about this. too funny. Ever since i started using shikakai bar soap, my hair feels exactly how it feels after a relaxer. I'm 5 weeks post and I wash 3 - 4times a week. so its been almost 20 washes later, it still has the same slip. I'm amazed.

AKA-Tude

I'm able to keep that feeling with baking soda washes/acv rinses/dc'ing.

My hair feels AMAZING!

Evazhair

I am able to keep that feeling with my regimen. Anything other than silky, moisturized hair is unacceptable to me and not allowed!

Evazhair

My hair is moisturized, but didn't have that 'just relaxed' slipperyness.

For me, if my hair deviates from that silkiness it is lacking moisture.I think the combination of what I do for my regimen keeps my hair like that. It wasn't always like that, but it is now. I know my leave ins salerm 21 and lacio lacio contribute to keeping that feeling. I must also say that getting a dryer that dried my hair evenly without frying it made a great improvement(Pibbs).