The Cellophane and Clear Rinse Thread

GeorginaSparks

I used the VIA and I liked the results, when I went back to the BSS and he told me the EXPRESS brand is better

I will try that in a couple of weeks

I added the pics in my fotki I dont know how to upload them here

omg....how much are the VIA and EXPRESS? how did you use it?

Eisani

Are coloshowers a brand? I have gone to a few stores and asked the sales clerks for coloshowers and they don't seem to know what I am talking about.:perplexed Is it like asking for a neutralizing shampoo where there are several different brands or is it like asking for Creme of Nature neutralizing shampoo where its a specific brand name. Sorry if this is confusing but it seems that some refer to colorshowers as a brand and others refer to it as a general a product type.

Color Showers (Banos de Color) is a brand and from what I hear, only available in BSS on the east coast but you can order it from www.roundbrushhair.com

BKVincy

omg....how much are the VIA and EXPRESS? how did you use it?

thanks Mohair for the compliment
VIA is just the name of the rinse
Im not tech savvy, I have to figure out how to load pics without having to go through the fotki

they both were 4.99:yep: you should be able to get them at ANY BSS

but im natural so I have to use 1 bottle my hair soaks it up

my hair does feels smoother

Last edited:

bgsix

I was just about to do a search on cellaphane so Im glad I found this. I just did one last night. I mixed jet black and clear, and processed under the dryer for 30 min to get the semi-permanant effect. I noticed when I was flat ironing my hair it just felt incredibly silkier. The iron just glided right through the damaged piece in the front that usually looks frizzy after I run the iron over it 3-4 times. I knew then it had some type of coniditioning/porosity effect and wanted confirmation.

I'm doing this every month now. It really makes a big difference. Especially because my hair usually has the dull/ reddish brown look from the perm.

I was wondering about this very combination. I am glad everything turned out great for you. I will have SEXY hair on mother's day. :thankyou:

JLove74

OK, I went back and got John Frieda Glaze in Brilliant Brunette - to add a boost to my already henna'd hair. I really liked the results of the clear, so I'm excited about this one.

I did notice that the instructions for this one says to use AFTER washing and conditioning. With the clear you have the option of doing on dry or washed hair. Since this is my 1st time using, I'm going to follow the directions. I'm DC'ing now and will apply the glaze afterwards.

Will keep you posted.

unique4lyfe33

OK, I went back and got John Frieda Glaze in Brilliant Brunette - to add a boost to my already henna'd hair. I really liked the results of the clear, so I'm excited about this one.

I did notice that the instructions for this one says to use AFTER washing and conditioning. With the clear you have the option of doing on dry or washed hair. Since this is my 1st time using, I'm going to follow the directions. I'm DC'ing now and will apply the glaze afterwards.

Will keep you posted.

hey can u tell me where u got the glaze from?

neenee280

Color Showers (Banos de Color) is a brand and from what I hear, only available in BSS on the east coast but you can order it from www.roundbrushhair.com

:yep:...and there is only ONE store I know of in philly that sells it. If they stopped selling it I would only order from roundbrush...by the case load. :look:

I would like to try Matrix colors too. A bit pricy...$24.99. I also noticed that no one really talks about that brand so one day when I get some extra loot, I will try and review it.

Eisani

:yep:...and there is only ONE store I know of in philly that sells it. If they stopped selling it I would only order from roundbrush...by the case load. :look:

I would like to try Matrix colors too. A bit pricy...$24.99. I also noticed that no one really talks about that brand so one day when I get some extra loot, I will try and review it.

I looked at the Matrix too. I'm thinking of giving it a try this summer. I'll do the same if I get it!

Lady Esquire

Neenee, girl, that color in your siggy is banging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neenee280

Neenee, girl, that color in your siggy is banging!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww you so sweet LE. But girl, I did a cowash today...my color definetly did fade already. I soak in some Vo5, sealed with coconut/castor oil mix and when I rinsed my hair...the red was going done the drain. :blush:

But after reading all these ideas, I wonder if adding a dash of color to cowashes would do harm and help againist fading? :scratchch

Lady Esquire

Aww you so sweet LE. But girl, I did a cowash today...my color definetly did fade already. I soak in some Vo5, sealed with coconut/castor oil mix and when I rinsed my hair...the red was going done the drain. :blush:

But after reading all these ideas, I wonder if adding a dash of color to cowashes would do harm and help againist fading? :scratchch

That siggy has me thinking I'm gonna bite that off of you and rock that for the summer. :grin: I love it. Doing with a co-wash sounds like a plan too. I have learned a lot from you guys in this thread. As soon as I try my first one, I'll be back with pics...in the next week or two.

skipper

i was at the beauty supply the other day and sebastian does still make their color shines but now it comes in a tube instead of a bottle i didnt have time to look at the ingredients because i had already been there for quite a while. my friend that i was with brought the clear version shes white and has damaged hair due to years of highlights and blowdrying so ill have to ask her how it went

CocoGlow

Are cellophanes or rinses OK to use on hair that has been henna'ed?

I've heard that putting regular color over henna'ed hair is a big no-no and I was wondering if it's the same for these products....

By the way, is it true that putting regular (I guess permanent) color over hair that has previously been henna'ed BAD for the hair?

JLove74

I've heard that putting regular color over henna'ed hair is a big no-no and I was wondering if it's the same for these products....

By the way, is it true that putting regular (I guess permanent) color over hair that has previously been henna'ed BAD for the hair?

Yes, it's OK. It will bring out the color of the henna and add shine. I'm henna'd and recently starting using John Frieda Glaze. As long as you are using BAQ henna, you will be fine.

lennet93

I use Negro (black) its the only CS I have ever tried. It doesn't get solid black, if that makes sense, but it look so pretty.

I use the same color...I love it..it gave my hair a lot of body and shine. my hair looks so healthy. Also it doesn't "run" when I wash.

Lady Esquire

Yes, it's OK. It will bring out the color of the henna and add shine. I'm henna'd and recently starting using John Frieda Glaze. As long as you are using BAQ henna, you will be fine.

Good quesiton NappyRina, that was one of my major concerns, 'cause I have henna'd hair also. To add to what JLove said, you may want to harvest some of your hair and do a test...just to be safe.

BKVincy

i was at the beauty supply the other day and sebastian does still make their color shines but now it comes in a tube instead of a bottle i didnt have time to look at the ingredients because i had already been there for quite a while. my friend that i was with brought the clear version shes white and has damaged hair due to years of highlights and blowdrying so ill have to ask her how it went

When I asked about the colorshines at my BSS store the guy told me that the still only make one color and that the new ones (sebastian laminates is just a packaging change so they can double the price)

Dayjoy

Old School Member
When I asked about the colorshines at my BSS store the guy told me that the still only make one color and that the new ones (sebastian laminates is just a packaging change so they can double the price)
My hair stylist told me that they were back out but cost a lot more and the color names have changed.