The Cellophane and Clear Rinse Thread

BKVincy

Has anyone tried any rinses from the brand Via? Like how does it compare to Adore in the white bottle? I have in the past but don't remember the results unfortunately.

After reading this thread I went to Rickys and I bought VIA
they had the best ingredients out of all the other rinses I wont be able to comment until friday I have class tonight and wont be able to use.
I will update on this brand

for those who didnt like Jazzing- it has ammomium sulfate as 1 of the top 5 ingredients which i believe can cause dryness

Last edited:

Jhuidah

This thread is right on time. I *almost* bought the John Frieda rinse the other day. I've been wanting to color for a while now, but I always chicken out because I fear damage/breakage/dryness. I definitely don't want to go the permanent color route.

I have some questions:

-Are there any natural ladies using rinses? Which brand(s)?
-I think I want to go a little red for summer. Is there any rinse/cellophane that has great red shades? My hair is dark brown, with a barely reddish tint in the sun (if that helps).

productjunkie814

This thread is right on time. I *almost* bought the John Frieda rinse the other day. I've been wanting to color for a while now, but I always chicken out because I fear damage/breakage/dryness. I definitely don't want to go the permanent color route.

I have some questions:

-Are there any natural ladies using rinses? Which brand(s)?
-I think I want to go a little red for summer. Is there any rinse/cellophane that has great red shades? My hair is dark brown, with a barely reddish tint in the sun (if that helps).

I'd like to know the answer to the bolded also!!! TIA!

Zenobia61

I did this a few times right after I hennea'd with Sebastians, no problems for me.

My review of John Frieda Glaze: I applied to DRY hair, left on for 30 minutes, washed and then added a liitle more to the condish to DC for a hour or so. Rinsed and styled as usual.

Well, I didn't think there was any shine, but a few YT co workers commented on my hair. One even asked me how I got my hair so "blingy". I didn't do anything different, just ran some Amla oil over my hair this morning and out the door.

It's a keeper.:yep: I like the smell, too.

JLove, I see that you applied your rinse over DRY hair; I've heard that it penetrates better/deeper, etc. if you apply it to dry hair. Is this true or did you apply it to your dry hair for other benefits?
This is an interesting thread!

PatTodd

This past weekly wash, I did a DC on dry hair. I mixed some LeKair Cholesterol, some aloe vera gel, honey, safflower oil, some Long Term Relationship conditioner, some Sunsilk HydraTLC mask, and three tablespoons of Sebastians Cellophanes. I handwhipped it in a glass bowl, warmed it up in the microwave, and applied to my hair. Then I put on a hot, wet microfiber towel covered with a plastic cap for a homemade steam treatment. I sat under my heating cap for about an hour and then washed and styled as usual. My hair is silky and shiny as promised!

I will be doing this every so often. Next time I am going to try it with my chocolate Colorshowers.

metalkitty

After reading this thread I went to Rickys and I bought VIA
they had the best ingredients out of all the other rinses I wont be able to comment until friday I have class tonight and wont be able to use.
I will update on this brand

for those who didnt like Jazzing- it has ammomium sulfate as 1 of the top 5 ingredients which i believe can cause dryness

Okay, I'm patiently waiting for your review once you get around to trying it!

onejamifan

Ladies, I was looking through my stash and I realized that I bought a domincan cellophane from the product line Miss Key. I don't remember where I got it, but I know I've had if for a few months now and have not used it yet. Here is my question, has anyone ever used this product in the past? I've looked online and have found no review or anything...

BKVincy

I have 1 bottle of clear colourshines left... I want to try some others but Im just afraid they wont live up to coloushines... :nono: WHY SEBASTIAN WHY?!!!

I think the colorshines are dicontinued you might probably be only able to get it online.

they have a replacement called laminates cellophanes It cost a grip to be a hair rinse 40.00
I bought mine from Essentials

dannie

I was just about to do a search on cellaphane so Im glad I found this. I just did one last night. I mixed jet black and clear, and processed under the dryer for 30 min to get the semi-permanant effect. I noticed when I was flat ironing my hair it just felt incredibly silkier. The iron just glided right through the damaged piece in the front that usually looks frizzy after I run the iron over it 3-4 times. I knew then it had some type of coniditioning/porosity effect and wanted confirmation.

I'm doing this every month now. It really makes a big difference. Especially because my hair usually has the dull/ reddish brown look from the perm.

Lady Esquire

I was just about to do a search on cellaphane so Im glad I found this. I just did one last night. I mixed jet black and clear, and processed under the dryer for 30 min to get the semi-permanant effect. I noticed when I was flat ironing my hair it just felt incredibly silkier. The iron just glided right through the damaged piece in the front that usually looks frizzy after I run the iron over it 3-4 times. I knew then it had some type of coniditioning/porosity effect and wanted confirmation.

I'm doing this every month now. It really makes a big difference. Especially because my hair usually has the dull/ reddish brown look from the perm.

Dannie, I am glad to hear you had such nice results. What brand did you use?

Lady Esquire

I am torn between:
John Frieda Luminous Clear Glaze ($9.99 at any drug store) and
Banos de Color/Lady Flor Clear Color Showers Cellophane ($19.99 on www.roundbrushhair.com).

Which one is better?

Ok, everything is in check: healthy hair overall.........except I still have a dullness that keeps creeping back. And it is not as silky as I would like. I have never done a glaze before and now I am a little anxious.

This is from the John Frieda website, for others who have never done any glazes either:

HOW TO GLAZE

Luminous Color Glaze™ Clear Shine is an easy-to-use, at home, salon glazing treatment any time your hair needs a pick-me-up. Your hair will glow with newfound vibrancy and will feel silky smooth and luxurious. All you need to do is shampoo, condition, then glaze.

Step 1
Start with John Frieda® Collection shampoo and conditioner. Squeeze excess water out of hair.

Step 2
While still in the shower, smooth Luminous Color Glaze™ Clear Shine through wet hair, distributing evenly from root to tip.

Step 3
Leave on for at least three minutes. Rinse and style as usual. Use each time you wash your hair, or a minimum of three times per week, to achieve your ideal result.

As a once a week shine surge treatment, use Luminous Color Glaze™ Clear Shine on dry, unwashed hair. Saturate hair completely and leave on product for 20 minutes (make sure to rinse your hands thoroughly to remove any excess). Then rinse out and shampoo, condition, and style as usual. Your hair will be infused with pure, dazzling shine.

What It Is

It’s an innovative blend of Shine Enhancers and Light Enhancers™ that extend luminosity and enriching the texture of your hair. It delivers intense shine in an easy-to-apply, gel-like formula. Ammonia and peroxide free.

How it Works
Luminous Color Glaze™ Clear Shine uses a two-fold approach. First, it is formulated with Shine Enhancers, which include low levels of silicone for immediately visible shine. Second, our patented delivery system helps the glaze carry pore menders into the hair, filling in damaged areas and making hair feel smoother and look shinier. Over time, this improved texture and pore mending result in magnified shine that isn’t washed away the next day.

filthyfresh

I am torn between:
John Frieda Luminous Clear Glaze ($9.99 at any drug store)

What It Is

It’s an innovative blend of Shine Enhancers and Light Enhancers™ that extend luminosity and enriching the texture of your hair. It delivers intense shine in an easy-to-apply, gel-like formula. Ammonia and peroxide free.

How it Works
Luminous Color Glaze™ Clear Shine uses a two-fold approach. First, it is formulated with Shine Enhancers, which include low levels of silicone for immediately visible shine. Second, our patented delivery system helps the glaze carry pore menders into the hair, filling in damaged areas and making hair feel smoother and look shinier. Over time, this improved texture and pore mending result in magnified shine that isn’t washed away the next day.

See, I was going to pay $40 to get my Sebastian Colourshines poppin' at the salon tomorrow, but I'm feeling this DIY method more. Although I'd like to get it done at the same time as my relaxer, I'd rather spend $10 and do it than have someone else do it for $40. Feel me? I think I'm going to try this on the wash after my relaxer next week.

Eisani

I'm a Colorshowers junkie, but have only used one color. I want to branch out but I believe firmly in the mantra if it ain't broke, don't fix it...

C

cieramichele

got john F's today for $4 and some change. Mixed it with V05 silk experience and wow, big difference in the feel. hardly any tangles. hair was drippin water like crazy...added shine. keeper!

if i mix this with my co wash (tresemme smooth and silky) ? OMMFG.

The Girl

Those of you that have tried Colorshowers, which color is good on medium brown hair? Thanks.

I use Negro (black) its the only CS I have ever tried. It doesn't get solid black, if that makes sense, but it looks so pretty.

Last edited:

BKVincy

Okay, I'm patiently waiting for your review once you get around to trying it!

I used the VIA and I liked the results, when I went back to the BSS and he told me the EXPRESS brand is better

I will try that in a couple of weeks

I added the pics in my fotki I dont know how to upload them here

filthyfresh

got john F's today for $4 and some change. Mixed it with V05 silk experience and wow, big difference in the feel. hardly any tangles. hair was drippin water like crazy...added shine. keeper!

if i mix this with my co wash (tresemme smooth and silky) ? OMMFG.

OOOOOH! Where did you get that from for $5?

Evalina1

am curious about Cellophane. Years ago a Hair Stylist told me that Sebastian's cellophane was the cause of my thin and damage hair.. He said Cellophane was very bad for the hair...Well it took me years to figure out that I will always have thin hair but the damage part always have me wondering!!

Lady Esquire

am curious about Cellophane. Years ago a Hair Stylist told me that Sebastian's cellophane was the cause of my thin and damage hair.. He said Cellophane was very bad for the hair...Well it took me years to figure out that I will always have thin hair but the damage part always have me wondering!!

They do not damage the hair. On the contrary, they coat and protect the hair:

it is a translucent, temporary hair colour that coats and infuses the hair with enhanced shine and vibrancy. It seals the hair cuticle and protects against chemical damage.
===================================================​

SistaSlick's Article - Hair Porosity: Help for Dry, Damaged Hair (Part 2)
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/375435/hair_porosity_help_for_dry_damaged.html?cat=69
Snippet from that article:
Temporary clear or colored rinses also contain proteins that bind to and patch up the hair shaft.

They carry pore menders into the hair, filling in damaged areas and making hair feel smoother and look shinier. Over time, this improved texture and pore mending result in magnified shine that isn’t washed away the next day.

mohair

I used the VIA and I liked the results, when I went back to the BSS and he told me the EXPRESS brand is better

I took a peek at your fotki and the shine is fabulous. I like the color too.

mohair

What's VIA and where do I find it?:perplexed

mohair

I love colorshowers. I have tried many (practically all) of them through the years and nothing beats Colorshowers.

To make my color "pop" more, I will lighten it with Dark and Lovely lighter color and leave on for like 10 or so mins. Rinse. Then apply Colorshowers. The color (if you are using a red) comes up very nice.

This weekend I relaxed and colorshowered my hair. The results are in my siggy.

Are coloshowers a brand? I have gone to a few stores and asked the sales clerks for coloshowers and they don't seem to know what I am talking about.:perplexed Is it like asking for a neutralizing shampoo where there are several different brands or is it like asking for Creme of Nature neutralizing shampoo where its a specific brand name. Sorry if this is confusing but it seems that some refer to colorshowers as a brand and others refer to it as a general a product type.