The best moisturizing products???

Whats your favorite cheap moisturizing products??

• Total voters

t_marie_71483

We hear a lot of talk of about all these expensive moisturizing products like nexxus, keracare, and aveda. But is there any hope for a sista with a Wal-Mart budget like mine??!! :look:These are some of the moisturizing products that I saw at my store. Anyone who has tried these products please feel free to comment...are they worth trying or should we just stick with the professional(expensive) products?? :rolleyes:

shadylane21

Otay! From a PJ standpoint there are quite a few cheap products you can use.

Sunsilk line- 3-4 dollars
ORS products
sauve humectant- u can use a little as a leave in

well those are a few, I am sure someone else will chime in.

Ivonnovi

I choose Panteene, I've not tried the others, Panteene has worked for me. I'll try SunSilk later this week.

Leslie_C

There are some great cheap moisturizing products out there. A few of my faves are Elasta QP moisture recovery (oldie but goodie), Sunsilk hydra TLC 24/7, Carefree curl in the spray bottle, and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration (I only like the conditioner).I actually havent found any expensive ones that I have found to be superior...but if I did find a moisturizer that did great and could stand on its own, I would use it. Most the time Im adding moisturizer on top of leave ins, oils, etc. I would like to find a product that could create the right moisture level without needing any other products to help it out. Like I could use it as a leave in and use nothing else and my hair would be fine until my next wash. I know, Im dreaming :grin:

t_marie_71483

There are some great cheap moisturizing products out there. A few of my faves are Elasta QP moisture recovery (oldie but goodie), Sunsilk hydra TLC 24/7, Carefree curl in the spray bottle, and Herbal Essence Hello Hydration (I only like the conditioner).I actually havent found any expensive ones that I have found to be superior...but if I did find a moisturizer that did great and could stand on its own, I would use it. Most the time Im adding moisturizer on top of leave ins, oils, etc. I would like to find a product that could create the right moisture level without needing any other products to help it out. Like I could use it as a leave in and use nothing else and my hair would be fine until my next wash. I know, Im dreaming :grin:

I know,that would be nice!! I use silk elements megasilk leave in creme, it works GREAT! It also seems to have some really great ingredients(unlike the conditioner which has mineral oil in it!:nono:) I use about a dime size on my ends spray a little bit of profectiv damamge spray (for strength) and wrap my hair in plastic wrap. Talkin bout super moist in the morning.:yep:

poetist

My vote isnt on your list, but I'm a fan of distilled water and glycerin. Water is by far the best and most effective moisturizer. So I take a little cheap spray bottle, fill with 75% water, 25% gycerin, shake, and voila.....

And talk about cheap:yep:

t_marie_71483

My vote isnt on your list, but I'm a fan of distilled water and glycerin. Water is by far the best and most effective moisturizer. So I take a little cheap spray bottle, fill with 75% water, 25% gycerin, shake, and voila.....

And talk about cheap:yep:

ummm, where do you purchase gycerin??:look:

Kawaii1

I voted for sunsilk but I also like profectiv as well. Why is mineral oil so bad? I know it's an oil and you don't want it in moisturizers but most have it in them and ya'll act like it's the devil. Oh and ORS olive oil in the jar has it so is it no good?

poetist

ummm, where do you purchase gycerin??:look:

I got my at WHole Foods, but you should be able to get it at any pharmacy or health food stores. Its also used in alot of beuaty products and can be ingested. It's a humectant and traps moisture into your hair

gymfreak336

I use alot of affordable products

For major moisture with minor dollars

1) Pantene Relaxed and Natural breakage defense mask 5-6 bucks
2) Sunsilk hydra care(pink) and the green one- You can find these at dollar general too; the shampoo, conditioner and leave-in creams are good
3) ORS replenishing pack- this is a really light protein but leaves your hair super soft and restores elasticity
4) VO5 moisture milks- 99cents; use it for prepoo's and cowashing
5) Garnier sleek and shine- conditioner and leave in cream; the conditioner is good for co-washes
6) Creme of Nature shampoo- get the green one; 2-3 bucks at most
7) Lustersilk cholesterols-these are super cheap and great for co washing and prepoos; the sheabutter one is really good. You can find it for 2 bucks.

luvmesumhair

We hear a lot of talk of about all these expensive moisturizing products like nexxus, keracare, and aveda. But is there any hope for a sista with a Wal-Mart budget like mine??!! :look:These are some of the moisturizing products that I saw at my store. Anyone who has tried these products please feel free to comment...are they worth trying or should we just stick with the professional(expensive) products?? :rolleyes:
Are you talking about Moisturizing conditioners or moisturizing lotions?

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
Giovanni Direct Leave In..I didnt really like it at first but with a little oil to seal its the perfect light moisturizer

achangedlife

Mineral oil clogs your pores whether you use it on your skin or your scalp. I like Africa's Best Ultimate Herbal Oil. Don't need to use a lot. I also use this on my skin and my childrens' also.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I know,that would be nice!! I use silk elements megasilk leave in creme, it works GREAT! It also seems to have some really great ingredients(unlike the conditioner which has mineral oil in it!:nono:) I use about a dime size on my ends spray a little bit of profectiv damamge spray (for strength) and wrap my hair in plastic wrap. Talkin bout super moist in the morning.:yep:

I love that stuff!!! I picked it up on a whim. Who knew it would be such a good product?! I also like the Sunsilk Hydra TLC leave in creme. Along with the wonderful smell, it also works pretty good. I also like the Pantene R&N Oil Creme Moisturizer. I know it has mineral oil in it, but my hair doesn't seem to mind it.

Monie24

I don't know if you have tried Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave-In Cream by Neutrogena but I recently started using it and it is working wonders on my dry brittle hair. It's relatively inexpensive and you can find it at most stores, including Wal-Mart. :grin:

bellebebe

This is my #1.(Dudley's p.c.a)
It's about 13 dollars a bottle but dammit, it gets the job DONE!

(it's so hard to find the sucka in stores)

charmtreese

My favorite moisturizers are Jessicurl weekly moisturizing treatment and too shea!!! I couldnt live without these products!!!

MissRissa

actually imma revise. The best are Neutrogena, ORS, and QP. Even with my extra expensive stuff, i still use the neutrogena mask and the leave in cream. Those ORS replenishing paks can be a lifesaver when you dont have the ends.

chebaby

my fave moisturizing products are as follows: cocasta oil, whipped cream, keracare creme hairdress, unrefined coconut oil, PM moisture mist and ojon revitalizing mist.