The Afro Effect!

BlkOnyx488

I rarely wear my hair out nowadays, it's usually braided or wigged up, and often when I take out the braids, it's during a weekend when I have time to braid it back up again, so not a lot of people see my real hair.

Well this past weekend I took my braids out, much to my surprise, so I have been wearing my hair out, Saturday thru Monday it was Straight, by Tueday Morning I missed my FRO so I tossed some water and leave in conditioner on it and brought my FRO to life.

This is where it gets interesting. When people see me THEY HAVE TO COMMENT, It's like the AFRO compels them to give me a compliment but it comes out all well wrong,
like "Ooooh you have your hair poofy today"
or "You are always changing your hair how do you do that?":ohwell:
or "Was that you blowing at me from your van, I saw your hair and I thought I don't know anyone with round hair":ohwell:

The fun ones are the compliments with scalp touch
"Oh wow you should were your hair like this more often" scalp touch
Like the Afro is public domain or something.

My Favorite are the Sistas who don't make any comments but they stare like they mad under their breath.:grin:

And then the precious honest innocent children get caught up in the Afro effect, I was dropping my boys off at school this morning and a few of the children know me because I teach Zumbatomic afterschool there so a couple of my lil' ladies saw me and they said
"What happen your hair? Make it longer again!":yep:
I said this is my God given hair this is how it grows out of my head,
then one of them ask. "Why?" :lol::rolleyes:

I said, "Because I am Lucky!" and walked away.

The people always act like it's the first time they have every seen a FRO.

It's Funny how the Afro inspires such confusion, concern, and comments, I want to say it's just hair, it's ok it won't hurt you:spinning:

But then I wouldn't have anything to report back to my LHCF Ladies

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I haven't worn my hair in an afro for awhile, but when I did, I would get all types of comments as well on the job and out in public. People would either ask to touch my hair or just take it upon themselves to touch it without permission. And children are the cutest with their comments. Most of them do ask, "what happened to your hair?" :lol:

SmilingElephant

I rarely wear my hair out nowadays, it's usually braided or wigged up, and often when I take out the braids, it's during a weekend when I have time to braid it back up again, so not a lot of people see my real hair.

Well this past weekend I took my braids out, much to my surprise, so I have been wearing my hair out, Saturday thru Monday it was Straight, by Tueday Morning I missed my FRO so I tossed some water and leave in conditioner on it and brought my FRO to life.

This is where it gets interesting. When people see me THEY HAVE TO COMMENT, It's like the AFRO compels them to give me a compliment but it comes out all well wrong,
like "Ooooh you have your hair poofy today"
or "You are always changing your hair how do you do that?":ohwell:
or "Was that you blowing at me from your van, I saw your hair and I thought I don't know anyone with round hair":ohwell:

The fun ones are the compliments with scalp touch
"Oh wow you should were your hair like this more often" scalp touch
Like the Afro is public domain or something.

My Favorite are the Sistas who don't make any comments but they stare like they mad under their breath.:grin:

And then the precious honest innocent children get caught up in the Afro effect, I was dropping my boys off at school this morning and a few of the children know me because I teach Zumbatomic afterschool there so a couple of my lil' ladies saw me and they said
"What happen your hair? Make it longer again!":yep:
I said this is my God given hair this is how it grows out of my head,
then one of them ask. "Why?" :lol::rolleyes:

I said
, "Because I am Lucky!" and walked away.

The people always act like it's the first time they have every seen a FRO.

It's Funny how the Afro inspires such confusion, concern, and comments, I want to say it's just hair, it's ok it won't hurt you:spinning:

But then I wouldn't have anything to report back to my LHCF Ladies

I liked that:yep:

BlkOnyx488

So I go back into the school to teach a Zumba class this afternoon. I am talking to a little girl I know when her friend who I don't know reaches up and puts her fingers in my hair. Then another little girl runs up to me and ask, why is your hair like that, still another little boy that's in my Zumbatomic class, doesn't say a word just stops dead in his tracks and stares with his mouth wide open as I walk past. This school is very diverse and with quite a few natural heads, I don't know why my Afro causes such a stir LOL

prettybyrd

So I go back into the school to teach a Zumba class this afternoon. I am talking to a little girl I know when her friend who I don't know reaches up and puts her fingers in my hair. Then another little girl runs up to me and ask, why is your hair like that, still another little boy that's in my Zumbatomic class, doesn't say a word just stops dead in his tracks and stares with his mouth wide open as I walk past. This school is very diverse and with quite a few natural heads, I don't know why my Afro causes such a stir LOL

Aww, you got the babies fro-struck! :) :lachen:

You must be rocking the heck out of that afro!! )

BlkOnyx488

Sooooo.....:needpics::lol: I wanna see it!

If possible:)

I should know better, sorry SmilingElephant, isawstars, miss stress, prettybyrd:yep:

Ok here's my excuse's
1. My son offered to take this picture but refused to take more than two (useless)

2. I have taught two Zumba classes today so It's not as big as it was this morning

3. You can't see the cute earrings, 4" high red flip flops or the black head band I am wearing.

4. It's late in the day and I am tired:lachen:

Ok without further adu the photo, enjoy!

Attachments

• afro1.jpg
    afro1.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:

momi

I should know better, sorry SmilingElephant, isawstars, miss stress, prettybyrd:yep:

Ok here's my excuse's
1. My son offered to take this picture but refused to take more than two (useless)

2. I have taught two Zumba classes today so It's not as big as it was this morning

3. You can't see the cute earrings, 4" high red flip flops or the black head band I am wearing.

Look at you! Too cute :spinning:

MyAngelEyez~C~U

BlkOnyx488 said:

Ok here's my excuse's

Most excellent fro!

Sent from my iPad using LHCF