Thanks Sistaslick!!!!!!!!!!!!

TrendySocialite

I did the 4-step relaxer prep and it worked like a charm. Definitely will be part of my regimen forever and ever, AMEN!!
  • I clarified with Nexxus Aloe Rid
  • DC'd with heat for 1 hr. with Aphogee 2 minute and Motions CPR
  • Baggied my whole head with olive oil night before relaxer
  • Based head in the morning
This is one of the better relaxers. My stylist put reconstructor on after the relaxer and DCd me for 20 minutes.

I new you were the truth, but now I'm a true believer.

It~Can~Grow

Maybe I need to read that article, but one question...I thought we're not supposed to fool around with the scalp and what not before perming?

Isn't washing opening up pores or something making the scalp more sensitive?

I know Sista is the biz, but it didn't burn, huh?

RODI

I used Sistaslick method also. You are suppose to clarify and condition 3 to 5 days before.

Highly Favored8

I did the 4-step relaxer prep and it worked like a charm. Definitely will be part of my regimen forever and ever, AMEN!!
  • I clarified with Nexxus Aloe Rid
  • DC'd with heat for 1 hr. with Aphogee 2 minute and Motions CPR
  • Baggied my whole head with olive oil night before relaxer
  • Based head in the morning
This is one of the better relaxers. My stylist put reconstructor on after the relaxer and DCd me for 20 minutes.

I new you were the truth, but now I'm a true believer.

Either way your hair Looks so good and healthy and thick.
Sistaslick gives excellent advice on hair care!:yep:

TrendySocialite

I washed and conditioned on Monday, got relaxer on Thursday. The clarifying helped with removing any excess products so that the relaxer was really able to penetrate and straighten without overprocessing. My relaxer was even and

Didn't burn one bit. In fact, my stylist even commented on it. I never really complain anyway. I usually get tingling around the edges before I get rinsed, but nothing this time. And my edges are SUPER straight....and they are usually the stubborn area.

Maybe I need to read that article, but one question...I thought we're not supposed to fool around with the scalp and what not before perming?

Isn't washing opening up pores or something making the scalp more sensitive?

I know Sista is the biz, but it didn't burn, huh?

It~Can~Grow

ooooooooooooooooh, I knew it worked I just thought I better check out the details before I try and wash thursday night and relax on Friday :blush: when it's time for my next relaxer.

Thanks so much for the clarification, ladies :yep:

LABETT

I give Sistaslick her props and her articles are on the money. :up:
I no longer go stylist for relaxer because they were overprocessing my hair.
I now self relaxer with no problems and my hair is in better shape than ever.