Texturizer Album Updates!!

Ginsana

MAJOR Texturizer Album Updates!!

Its been a while since I've updated my album, mainly because I haven't been doing anything to my hair, but I did a texturizer touch up 2 weeks ago with a different texturizer that I've never used before and it under-processed my hair. I'm not happy with that...my roots are not as straight as I would like them to be, but I guess I have to live with it and wait 10 weeks until I can touch up. I'm getting my hair blown out straight for the first time since October 2003 so I'm excited. I'll post pictures of that outcome. My hair looks decent for now I guess, but not as good as if I would have used Silk Elements texturizer. I used African Pride Multi-Length texturizer IT SUCKS...DON'T USE IT :0...Anyhoo, without further ado, check out my album. :)

Last edited:

Nanyanika

Sorry about the underprocessing. I love your hair and its so silky and its grown so much. Does your hair feels softer with the texturizer compared to natural hair texture. Well done

Ginsana

den1 said:
Sorry about the unperprocessing. I love your hair and its grown so much. Well done

Thanks Den1! Feeling a lot better hearing from you with your awesome self!! :)

Nanyanika

Ginsana said:
Thanks Den1! Feeling a lot better hearing from you with your awesome self!! :)

I'm still viewing your pics as i'm writing to you, i'm so crazy. i love that pic where you added the hair mascara, just gorgoeus.

Nanyanika

I HATE YOU LOL, that shake and go WICKED!!! the curl defintion and color is awesome, what an inspiration.

Ginsana

den1 said:
I HATE YOU LOL, that shake and go WICKED!!! the curl defintion and color is awesome, what an inspiration.

LOL!! well I conditioner washed my hair as usual, then I shook my hair when I got out the shower, sprayed my leave in conditoner mixture (rosewater & glycerine, olive oil, water ALL mixed together) then used some Salon Selectives Loosely Defined Styling Creme. I'm suprised it actually worked in my hair

Nanyanika

Which conditioner? Thanks

Ginsana said:
LOL!! well I conditioner washed my hair as usual, then I shook my hair when I got out the shower, sprayed my leave in conditoner mixture (rosewater & glycerine, olive oil, water ALL mixed together) then used some Salon Selectives Loosely Defined Styling Creme. I'm suprised it actually worked in my hair

Ginsana

den1 said:
Which conditioner? Thanks

Conditioner too?? I use whatever is selling cheap at the time honestly lol, so right now it is Tresemme Vitamin E Moisture Rich Conditioner. I got a 40 fl. oz. bottle which is GINORMOUS for 1.77 at Target! I add olive oil and honey to any conditioner I use though...

Ginsana

msportugal said:
-i like your shake and go
-the hair mascara has me wanting some
-your glasses are so cute

Hi Msportugal! I haven't spoken to you in forever and you're supposed to be my "Hair Mamma!!" my fault :)

Thanks for the compliments. The hair mascara is 1.79 in all kinds of colors. They sell them at any BSS.

Nanyanika

Thank-you, I didn't mean to be a pain by asking lots of questions.

Ginsana said:
Conditioner too?? I use whatever is selling cheap at the time honestly lol, so right now it is Tresemme Vitamin E Moisture Rich Conditioner. I got a 40 fl. oz. bottle which is GINORMOUS for 1.77 at Target! I add olive oil and honey to any conditioner I use though...

Ginsana

den1 said:
Thank-you, I didn't mean to be a pain by asking lots of questions.

Oh it is okay Den! You can ask me 21 questions like Fifty (50) cent and I won't care! :kiss:

Last edited:

Whisper

I'm loving the mascara trick, and the phony pony -it compliments nicely.. where did you get the hair from if you don't mind? :grin:

Ginsana

Indigo said:
I'm loving the mascara trick, and the phony pony -it compliments nicely.. where did you get the hair from if you don't mind? :grin:

I got the phony pony from the BSS for $9.99. Its those really curly fake looking ones that I bought and just combed it out with a brush to frizz it up a little.

Tosca

Ginsana, you have inspired me!!!!!! I've been contemplating going natural again [I'm way past needing a touch up :$] but I think I'd like the flexibility of a texturizer. I'm just afraid that it might turn out uneven or look like a jheri curl! But yours looks GREAT!!! I absolutely love your shake 'n' go, phony pony and hair mascara! Lovely :)

SUPER SWEET

I LOVE IT!!!
You making me want to do it! I like the hair mascara too, I wished I would have known before I colored my hair.
Keep up the great work.

L

lkg4healthyhair

Your hair looks great....I would love to be able to wash and go!

hopeful

Your hair looks really nice and I love love love the hair mascara idea! Keep up the good work.:)

I love your hair...I want to texturize mine too...what product did you use before. how long did it take to grow your hair to that length...

Whisper

Ginsana said:
I got the phony pony from the BSS for $9.99. Its those really curly fake looking ones that I bought and just combed it out with a brush to frizz it up a little.

Thank You!!

Ginsana

Tosca said:
Ginsana, you have inspired me!!!!!! I've been contemplating going natural again [I'm way past needing a touch up :$] but I think I'd like the flexibility of a texturizer. I'm just afraid that it might turn out uneven or look like a jheri curl! But yours looks GREAT!!! I absolutely love your shake 'n' go, phony pony and hair mascara! Lovely :)

Awww cool! I've inspired someone! Girl, I've been inspired by so many people on this board myself, which is why I decided to texturize. Whatever you choose to do with your hair I'm sure it'll look great! And thanks for your compliments~

Ginsana

deeshortesthair said:
I love your hair...I want to texturize mine too...what product did you use before. how long did it take to grow your hair to that length...

It took me from October 2003 to July 2004 to grow out my relaxed hair and get some new growth...at least enough so that I could have done the big chop in July 2004. I texturized in July 2004 and I've since done some major trims to rid myself of all the relaxed ends so I really started counting from July 2004 to now so I'd say 8 months to grow my hair to where it is currently.

My hair would definitely have been longer if I didn't do so many trims to get rid of relaxed ends.