• Pre-mixed in a box

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Mix myself (add something to relaxer)

Votes: 20 90.9%

• Total voters

Hair2Dye4

Do you texlax using:

1. A texurizer in a box
2. Self mixed texturizer (relaxer + conditioner, oil)
3. Straight relaxer- less processing time

Are the results different?

I'm thinking about texlaxing after a 6 month stretch and wanted to know which method would give me the best results. I'm 3c/4a (I think).

Last edited:

dlewis

I use Lady velvet relaxer. I leave it on for about half the time recommended. About 7-10 mins.

I have never used a texurizer in a box and I don't add anything to the relaxer.

sprungonhairboards

I use Phyto index 1 but I leave it on longer than it says to get my desired result.

Index 1 wouldn't get my hair straight if I left it on a week.

Aggie

The first time I texlaxed, I added an oil to my relaxer and relaxed for 15 minutes and it ame out pretty well. The second time I texlaxed I simply kept in the relaxer for half the recommended time. In all honesty, I liked the first one better when I added an oil to the relaxer. Almond oil, evoo, jojoba oil, SAA are all great additives for a texlaxed look for my hair.

morehairplease

The first time I texlaxed, I added an oil to my relaxer and relaxed for 15 minutes and it ame out pretty well. The second time I texlaxed I simply kept in the relaxer for half the recommended time. In all honesty, I liked the first one better when I added an oil to the relaxer. Almond oil, evoo, jojoba oil, SAA are all great additives for a texlaxed look for my hair.

hi there,

do you mind telling me how much oil you added to your relaxer?

tia,
tishee

lana

I usually add one teaspoon of oil and two teaspoons of Mane & Tale Conditioner. I apply it and leave it on for 5-7 minutes, I only smooth the sides and front. I always use a reconstructer as my first rinse and then I use the neutralizing shampoo (repeat several times).

I love being texlaxed and I believe my texture is 4a/b.

Aggie

hi there,

do you mind telling me how much oil you added to your relaxer?

tia,
tishee
Hi Tishee, I don't mind at all. I use only about 2-3 tablespoons of oil in my relaxer for a texlaxed effect.

ETA; My next texlax, I will add 2 tablespoons of oil and 1 cap of SAA to my relaxer for added strengthening.

ekomba

I voted relaxer that you let a few minutes even though i m no longer texlaxed but permed bone straight. but i remember using the texturizer kit once when my hair was really short like 7years ago

morehairplease

Hi Tishee, I don't mind at all. I use only about 2-3 tablespoons of oil in my relaxer for a texlaxed effect.

ETA; My next texlax, I will add 2 tablespoons of oil and 1 cap of SAA to my relaxer for added strengthening.

thanks sweetie! could you let me know how your application turns out when you add the oil & saa?

tia,
tishee

Aggie

thanks sweetie! could you let me know how your application turns out when you add the oil & saa?

tia,
tishee
Absolutely honey. I am eager to see how this turns out myself. I feel it will trun out very well because the SAA will offer some strengtening to my hair throughout the texlaxing process.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I make my own mix. I use equal amounts of my Dominican conditioners with Hawaian Silky Mild Lye Jar Relaxer. I texlax once a year.

Neith

I have resistant hair so I do straight super strength relaxer for a full 20 mins.

If you do have resistant hair and you know it, don't be afraid of super strength :lol:

I have underprocessed myself badly trying to use mild, not leaving it in long enough and mixing stuff in.

SoOoNY

Does any one use ORS no-lye reg to relax.... I heard its just like a mild. I really wanna use this next time... which is next thurs

Carmelella

SoOoNY said:
Does any one use ORS no-lye reg to relax.... I heard its just like a mild. I really wanna use this next time... which is next thurs

I used this for texlaxing. Even when I tried to fully relax with it most of my hair still came out texlaxed. I'm a 4b and my curl pattern is like a cotton ball. A mass of jumbled up tiny single haired spirals that never clumps into a coil. I still use it because I haven't experienced any real damage from it. My hair does feel weird/hard after I relax with it, but an apple cider rinse brings the texture back to normal.

GL