Is this possible to do?

amwcah

I want to get rid of my texlaxed hair. I read a thread here that stated the proper way to relax was to texlax to prevent overlapping of a relaxer. I don't recall the hair guru that stated this method. Therefore, after repeated texlaxing the result would be relaxed hair. After two repeated texlaxing, the latter tex would be relaxed due to overlapping.

However, my cousin did my next relaxer and there wasn't any overlapping due to my 4 month relaxer stretch. She was able to see my demarcation line clearly. Therefore, I have this texlax hair I do not want.

My hair looks like this from root(new growth~, straight-, texlax^, bone straight_) to tip

~~~~~~~-----------------^^^^^^^^^^^^____________________

So please advise on how I should proceed with my next relaxer in a couple of weeks after ending my 6 month stretch. I want to get rid of this texlax strands.

PinkPebbles

Bumping for you.

My hair is the same way and I really don't know what to do. Going forward I decided to go to the hair salon for my relaxers because I miss spots that causes me to have texlax hair in some areas. I thought it was okay but now I see the inconsistency in my strands as my hair grows out:blush:.

amwcah

Bumping for you.

My hair is the same way and I really don't know what to do. Going forward I decided to go to the hair salon for my relaxers because I miss spots that causes me to have texlax hair in some areas. I thought it was okay but now I see the inconsistency in my strands as my hair grows out:blush:.

Thanks! Yes, mine is quite obvious as well.

charmtreese

I know many people dont like to hear this, but when my hair was texlaxed and I could not get it relaxed properly myself...I had to visit the pro's. I would consult a stylist that knows her stuff with chem's and have her or him do a correction.

amwcah

I know many people dont like to hear this, but when my hair was texlaxed and I could not get it relaxed properly myself...I had to visit the pro's. I would consult a stylist that knows her stuff with chem's and have her or him do a correction.

Charmtreese~Thank you for your response! So, you think it is doable. I wonder how a stylist would proceed with this. I'm thinking to saturate the relaxed portion with a protectant and then relax the new growth and texlax part. I would more than likely have to relax in sections.

Any thoughts from any other LHCFers?:look:

IntoMyhair

My hair looks just like yours. When i correct it i am just going to use a mild relaxer. Than smooth it through and hope for the best. Seriously.

I now use regular so i'll go a step up for the next relaxer.

Mild over processed some front sections 2 relaxers ago. It should be good for a corrective.

amwcah

My hair looks just like yours. When i correct it i am just going to use a mild relaxer. Than smooth it through and hope for the best. Seriously.

I now use regular so i'll go a step up for the next relaxer.

Mild over processed some front sections 2 relaxers ago. It should be good for a corrective.

Are you going to apply relaxer to the previously relaxed - and texlaxed ^ hair?

IntoMyhair

^^^ I have relaxed ends thats all. I will protect those ends thats it.

I'm thinking either i just correct the texlax parts or cut off the relaxed ends.

I'm just tired of dealing with the tangles lol.

mzhotniz86

you may just need to go to a stylist and have them process the strand from root to the texlax part. dont try and do this yourself though. this is why i have always been kinda iffy on texlaxing. theres always a chance somebody might not texlax it the way its supposed to be