Texlaxers/Texturizers PLEASE HELP

shakenspirit

I have decided to texturize with the Just For Me Texture Softener but there's still just one thing i dont understand. I have been combing throught all the threads on texlaxing and texturizing and all i see is straight hair.:huh: I thought that when you texturize your curl pattern is just altered making it looser. I am not really sure what my hair type is but i attached two pictures of my texture the first one is my hair dry and the second is wet and was actually just about a month after my BC so my hair has grown. The third picture is what i hope to achieve or something similar so do you ladies think it's possible and if so how should i go about the process(processing time, technique etc)

Attachments

• texture.jpg
    texture.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 116
  • texture2.jpg
    texture2.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 120
  • desired texture.jpg
    desired texture.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 96
Uhhh your hair texture seems really loose already. I mean once your hair grows longer, it gets heavier and will naturally just look like that third pic you have. If you texturize it you may end up with straightish hair since your hair seems kinda loose already.

But I am not a textgirl so i will let them chime in for ya!

Bump!

What type of curl are you trying to achieve. Any straighter and you'd have a lose wave pattern. IS that the look you're going for?

I used JFM softner and got great curls. The thing is, I still had to use gel to get the best curl definition.:rolleyes: It really ticked me off at first.:lachen: My hair seemed to like being lightly texlaxed. It behaved the way I wanted and I could detangle so easily. It all depends on one thing...avoiding processing too much.:look: You will end up with strait texturized hair. I hope you get the info you need. Sorry I wasn't too helpful.

Thanks ladies my hair i know it looks like its all good and texturizing would be crazy but its really not that loose...im going to do the texturizer and i will definitely post pics

I wouldn't texturize until you've tried some heavier products like kinky-curly curling custard, or other curling products like it that will keep the curl pattern stretched a little more even when dry. ITA I think you're hair will naturally look like the 3rd pic with some more length and the right products, the longer your hair gets the looser your curls will be. I just think that before anyone texturizes they should make sure nothing else works on their hair, but good luck whatever you choose.

I use the Just for Me and it loosen the curls really nice (See avatar). As well, the oil in it keeps the hair from processing to much. For me I look like I have not even really put chemicals in my hair. It just looks a little looser with curls that are not as frizzy. And if your hair is anything like mine you will not get a looser texture as your hair grows long. My shrinkage does not play. Until I went back to texturizing a few months back I looked like I had a TWA and my hair is really a little past SL. Even with it my hair is just at NL curly. HTH!

It just depends on your hair texture what your are going to get. Take a look at my sig picture. I texlax my hair with regular motions lye relaxer mixed with olive oil for at least 20 minutes and I still can do a big afro puff.

Back