Texlaxers Support Thread

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I texlaxed back at the beginning of May after several years natural and wearing weaves. After initial texlax, I had to correct hair because it was frizzy at various points along strand. Still not entirely pleased and seriously thinking about going quasi-bone straight. I had my hair flat ironed by a pro in June and it was soooooooo shinny but a little too thin looking IMO. That's why I think I'm going to go fully relaxed -- more body, less heat, equals less manipulation and more growth. For now (i.e., until the end of summer), I think that I will continue as is and just wear wash n' goes -- using a ton of conditioner as a leave-in order to avoid frizz. (Did I mention how much I love my curls when they aren't frizzy? Hence my dilemma and reluctance to loose them if I decide to relax even more.)

I miss my relaxed hair. I mean I'm texlaxed, but its not the same. It doesn't even act the same. I don't regret the decision, but sometimes I wish I didn't need a flat iron to wear my hair out :(

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
Texlaxed checking in.
I got my virgin texlax done back in January.
Had my first TU July 2 or 3rd.. At a different salon (same DE Regular relaxer)..

I just did a self corrective on Monday using ORS regular with oil, conditioner and SAA mixed in.
Planning on self Texlaxing every 12-14 weeks.

CocoGlow

TopShelf

Oh do report back and tell us how it goes!

I like to use the Burnt Sugar Pomade b/c it's thick & effective but not too thick & hard to wash out like petroleum jelly that most people use to base ... I used petroleum once and hated washing it out :nono:

yaya24

I have oyin bsp in my stash..
I'll use it as my base in September.

TopShelf

Sewing & Growing Gamma Gal
I started a thread but did not get too many opinions, so I will ask here.

Has anyone texlaxed their natural hair which was already permanently colored?

I did a strand test last night with a few shed hairs but I really could not tell if that outcome was realistic.

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
Hi all!! Could anyone tell me if they had a hair (wouldn't even say curl) pattern similar to mine?

A dodgy picture, but you can get an idea? I have 'Just for me' texture softener ready for a test patch any day now...

MizzBFly

I also posted this in the twists/buns/braids thread
I like these twists soo much- that I'm willing to do this as a protective style until December, can this be a protective style for a tex-laxed head huh?? :look:
**please give me your opinion, this is done with my hair**
Attached Thumbnails

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Hi all!! Could anyone tell me if they had a hair (wouldn't even say curl) pattern similar to mine?

A dodgy picture, but you can get an idea? I have 'Just for me' texture softener ready for a test patch any day now...

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/132/pnuz.jpg/

Yep, that's me! I have been relaxed forever and have been trying to transition to leave more texture. I'm now using Linange Texturizer. I've only used it once and it's a little straighter than I was hoping for but I like it.

Last edited:

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
I also posted this in the twists/buns/braids thread
I like these twists soo much- that I'm willing to do this as a protective style until December, can this be a protective style for a tex-laxed head huh?? :look:
**please give me your opinion, this is done with my hair**
Attached Thumbnails

Its really nice! :yep:

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
Yep, that's me! I have been relaxed forever and have been trying to transition to leave more texture. I'm now using Linange Texturizer. I've only used it once and it's a little straighter than I was hoping for but I like it.

Cattypus1 **Hi five!** thanks for replying. Do you have pictures of your texlax?

VictoriousBrownFlower

I just recently texlaxed after being natural for 2 Yrs and 4 months. My hair was a lot longer than I thought it would be. It still looks pretty natural but with less shrinkage and a slightly looser curl. I used ors hair mayo after I relaxed. Then I put some kinky curly knot today, and Giovanni direct leave in in my hair to see what a wash and go would look like. Here are the results.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I just recently texlaxed after being natural for 2 Yrs and 4 months. My hair was a lot longer than I thought it would be. It still looks pretty natural but with less shrinkage and a slightly looser curl. I used ors hair mayo after I relaxed. Then I put some kinky curly knot today, and Giovanni direct leave in in my hair to see what a wash and go would look like. Here are the results.

http://s146.photobucket.com/user/BronxJazzy/media/a06f8c2c-8812-46c5-92d3-42ce092d7947.jpg.html

OMG...I want your hair! That is my goal to wash and go and it look just like that. Beeeeeautiful!

deborah11

Did you texlax your own hair or did you have it professionally done? What texturizer did you use? Your hair is gorgeous!

VictoriousBrownFlower

Did you texlax your own hair or did you have it professionally done? What texturizer did you use? Your hair is gorgeous!
Thanks...I used ors olive oil no lye relaxer. I put 1/4 cup of avocado oil in it. And I applied it like I was putting on deep conditioner. I smoothed my hair until the curl was slightly looser than I wanted it to be. I then washed it out and deep conditioned.

I rewashed and did a moisturizing prepoo and deep condition. Then I put it in 3 braids with rollers at the ends. I took it out this morning and this is what I had.

\

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
Hi all, does anyone know how long you can leave a texturiser once opened and mixed with the oil?

I'm test patching today, but won't follow up with the whole head till weekend, due to my schedule this week. Will the texturiser be OK? Should I refrigerate it?

Thanks in advance!

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Hi all, does anyone know how long you can leave a texturiser once opened and mixed with the oil?

I'm test patching today, but won't follow up with the whole head till weekend, due to my schedule this week. Will the texturiser be OK? Should I refrigerate it?

Thanks in advance!

If its a product you dot mix, it should be stable and last a while however, I would suggest separating what you are using instead of mixing a whole container if you can.

Please excuse my iPhone; it's trying to get it together

CharUK

"Honestly, Truly"
Saludable84 Thanks for responding! It's Just for Me texture softener, and I believe you mix two products to it.. I might just throw it out afterwards as it's a test patch and my first attempt I don't want to be messing with quantities in case I get it wrong!

Thanks again. xx

mshoneyfly

Saludable84 Thanks for responding! It's Just for Me texture softener, and I believe you mix two products to it.. I might just throw it out afterwards as it's a test patch and my first attempt I don't want to be messing with quantities in case I get it wrong!

Thanks again. xx

CharUK
I use this texturizer. I have always used relaxers that have to be mixed with the activator. The instructions say to use right away and discard unused mixed portions. I would throw out anything you mixed with activator after an hour or so.

BronxJazzy lookin good!!

NGraceO

What up ladies!!!!! Hair update: taking out my six/seven week Senegalese twists today on my 10 week post hair. I'm telling myself that I won't be texlaxing until I reach at least 24 weeks post. I'm just scared of not being able to wait that long due to bored one or my hair becoming unmanageable, but I'm not willing to experience the travesty of texlaxing 12 week post hair like I did last time.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

yaya24

Come on Dec 22nd.
My stylist uses Design Essential + super fast application time and very minimal smoothing.

I really would like to self texlax, but I have a very fine area of my hair that I am scared of damaging..also seeing my stylist quarterly is therapeutic. She is a walking soap opera.

cherishlove

I would like to texlax but have no idea of where to begin. From everything I read it's leaving a relaxer on for about 5 minutes without smoothing.

Last edited: