:::tears::: I'm So Frustrated W/ the Wet Wrapping!

Extremus

This is my second attempt to wet wrapping my hair in the beehive form. My hair lays flat and smooth in the front, back, and sides of my hair, but the top/center of it.... i just can't seem to comb [paddle brush] it w/ the rest of my hair. Trying to do so, just made my hair break. The paddle brush is extremely gentle tho. I had no breakage the first time I tried this, although I had tangles and unstraighten hair at the center/top part of my hair. I was about to just ponytail that center/top part, and let it dry like that while the rest was wrapped :ohwell:. IDK!

Have any of you experienced this? :sad:

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
This is my second attempt to wet wrapping my hair in the beehive form. My hair lays flat and smooth in the front, back, and sides of my hair, but the top/center of it.... i just can't seem to comb [paddle brush] it w/ the rest of my hair. Trying to do so, just made my hair break. The paddle brush is extremely gentle tho. I had no breakage the first time I tried this, although I had tangles and unstraighten hair at the center/top part of my hair. I was about to just ponytail that center/top part, and let it dry like that while the rest was wrapped :ohwell:. IDK!

Have any of you experienced this? :sad:

(((((((((HUGS)))))))))
I'm so sorry that this happened to you. Honestly, I used to get the wet wraps done myself when I was little. They broke off my hair badly!!!! I have never attempted of of these myself:nono:. I would try maybe rollersetting and then wrapping your dry, moisturized hair. Macherieamou has a video tutorial on this actually...go to www.healthytextures.com
I really hope this helps you!

asubeauty

I used to wet wrap, and I didn't have too many problems. I made sure to part my hair vertically (kind of like I'm making pigtails) and start wrapping from the top of my head first and smooth the sides.

I don't know how helpful this is, but I'm sorry you had a bad experience.:sad:

I am so sorry that you are fustrated. I have gone thru this fustration myself. Have you tried using 1-3 large rollers at the crown of your head? Maybe this can help with that challenging part..I have yet to get that down.

gimbap

I used to wet wrap, and I didn't have too many problems. I made sure to part my hair vertically (kind of like I'm making pigtails) and start wrapping from the top of my head first and smooth the sides.

I don't know how helpful this is, but I'm sorry you had a bad experience.:sad:

This is what I do too. BB Wrap Foam makes it easier to wrap my hair as well.

MsAngie

I am so sorry that you are fustrated. I have gone thru this fustration myself. Have you tried using 1-3 large rollers at the crown of your head? Maybe this can help with that challenging part..I have yet to get that down.

When I wrap my hair, I put one large roller at the crown. It helps to get the hair straight in that area, and it also makes it easier to get your hair wrapped around your head. I also like to put the roller there to give my crown a little volume too. My hair tends to lay very, very flat and lifeless without it. Good luck and practice makes perfect! :gorgeous:

newflowers

When you figure this out, please post step by stpe instructions for the wrapping impaired. Wet or dry I can't get the top part to do anything but stick up.