Talk to me about protein hair shakes! Do they work, but make you gain weight?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Ladies, I've thought about adding an additional challenge to my haircare regimen. I really want to try these protein hair shakes that I've been seeing in the health food stores, but I want something that does not make you gain weight.

Do any of you drink a protein shake for hair? There is a specific one for hair growth that has loads of protein in it.

Please share your experiences here. Your testimonies may also help other ladies.

Thanks a bunch!

-SP

gymfreak336

Ladies, I've thought about adding an additional challenge to my haircare regimen. I really want to try these protein hair shakes that I've been seeing in the health food stores, but I want something that does not make you gain weight.

Do any of you drink a protein shake for hair? There is a specific one for hair growth that has loads of protein in it.

Please share your experiences here. Your testimonies may also help other ladies.

Thanks a bunch!

-SP

Here is the thing on protein shakes. Many people see weight gain because they don't realize that they will add to your overall caloric intake but any beverage can do that. The average shake has between 12-20 grams of protein and is around 100-150 calories. These are the same amount of calories in a soda. Many of us drink a bottle during lunch or so and that bottle is around 200-250 calories. If you add protein shakes to your diet, you have to be mindful of what else you eat. So you have to replace a drink. If you add a protein shake you just need to remember to drop another bev. with alot of calories. To make is simple drink the protein shake as one of your snacks. I like optimum whey in chocolate. I make mine with a cup of fat free milk with a shake of pure cocoa and it is great:lick: No funny after taste and it isn't super thick. For more protein shake info ask VWVixxen or Arcadian....I know they know more than I do. I will say that I do notice a difference in the growth rate and the quality of my hair growth when I stay consistent with my shakes. I haven't drank my shakes consistently for the past month, partly because I need to stock my stash and partly because I need to buy a new shaker cup and there is a visble difference in the amount of newgrowth I have now(at eight weeks) compared to my usual 8 week amount.

gymfreak336

I forgot to say that in general, increasing your daily protein intake will actually help you lose weight. Protein requires more energy to digest so your body temp raises after a ingesting protein which will help burn more calories. Protein will also make you feel full longer so you won't do as much mindless snacking. When I worked at a call center I started eating chips and crap out of the machines out of sheer bordem. When those chips starting adding to my hips I swapped them out with a protien shake and fruit. You wouldn't believe how full it helped me feel.

Kawaii1

Try muscle milk light, it is delicious and i use it to replace a meal. I am going to lose 50-60 pouns. So far I have knocked of 9. Muscle milk light comes in tons of flavors. So far all the ones I have tried are so good. They taste like milkshakes, no chalky taste. They have chocolate, bananas and creme, strawberry milkshake, mint chocolate, chocolate, vanilla, etc.

I mix mine with fat free milk as well :lick: :lick: :lick:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Here is the thing on protein shakes. Many people see weight gain because they don't realize that they will add to your overall caloric intake but any beverage can do that. The average shake has between 12-20 grams of protein and is around 100-150 calories. These are the same amount of calories in a soda. Many of us drink a bottle during lunch or so and that bottle is around 200-250 calories. If you add protein shakes to your diet, you have to be mindful of what else you eat. So you have to replace a drink. If you add a protein shake you just need to remember to drop another bev. with alot of calories. To make is simple drink the protein shake as one of your snacks. I like optimum whey in chocolate. I make mine with a cup of fat free milk with a shake of pure cocoa and it is great:lick: No funny after taste and it isn't super thick. For more protein shake info ask VWVixxen or Arcadian....I know they know more than I do. I will say that I do notice a difference in the growth rate and the quality of my hair growth when I stay consistent with my shakes. I haven't drank my shakes consistently for the past month, partly because I need to stock my stash and partly because I need to buy a new shaker cup and there is a visble difference in the amount of newgrowth I have now(at eight weeks) compared to my usual 8 week amount.

Thanks. I was going to try the Ultra Hair Shake, specifically. When I used to do a lot of weight lifting, I used whey protein, but really didn't know a lot about how these things affect my body. I would do the shake before or after a workout, then still eat. I think you really need to consider replacing a meal with the shake, and adding fruit or something. I used to add a banana. I'm still thinking about it, though. I keep seeing these hair shakes everywhere and want to try it, but I don't need to put on any more weight. :nono:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I forgot to say that in general, increasing your daily protein intake will actually help you lose weight. Protein requires more energy to digest so your body temp raises after a ingesting protein which will help burn more calories. Protein will also make you feel full longer so you won't do as much mindless snacking. When I worked at a call center I started eating chips and crap out of the machines out of sheer bordem. When those chips starting adding to my hips I swapped them out with a protien shake and fruit. You wouldn't believe how full it helped me feel.

You are absolutely right. I hate sodas and don't drink them, but if I'm having an incredibly busy day at work, I notice that it's easier for me to raid the snack room for Doritos. Those things are so dangerous! I do a great job when it comes to drinking water, but I need to watch the cream in coffee and the snack room raids. :yep:

Hair Iam

I have replaced my Mon to Friday breakfast with a protein concoction. I have felt the energy increase ,sheen to my hair ..hoping to see the weight loss and hair growth benefits.