For the sistas taking protein.....

diamoness

How much are you taking?
What form is it in? (food, shakes, capsules, liquid etc)
How long have you been taking it?
What your recipe (if in shake form)?
What are the benefits?

I have some strawberry whey protein powder that I want to start taking daily.
Each serving has 23 grams in it. So I was thinking about taking 2 servings per day. The only thing is that I need a simple,cheap recipe that will make it take really good. I mix mine with water and its tolerable but its not good enough to drink twice a day. And i'm lactose intolerant nor do I like milk alternatives so milk is not an option.
So....ladies, talk to me........
All responses are appreciated :)

pink_flower

I don't know how much I'm taking but I consume a lot of protein through food.

-I always eat chicken or fish for lunch/dinner
- snack on mixed nuts
-Drink Bolthouse Farms Perfect Protein drink-I originally started to drink these b/c it kept me full for most of the day but it does contain a lot of protein.

Also for your shake you can blend it with apple juice instead of water and add fruits to make it taste better. HTH.

Naijaqueen

I eat a whole lot of protein in my food intake(chicken, pork chops, protein shake drink), my nails are Looong. I've always had really long nails(or claws as my mom calls them), but since I started taking a larger protein intake, it has stayed that way all summer, not breaking unless I slam it hard into something.

Cichelle

Right now I am eating one protein bar a day, one drinkable yogurt and one vegetarian sausage as my protein supplements. That gives me 35 grams of protein. I know it seems like a weird way to do it, but I don't want to mix shakes right now. (I might try them at another time.) I don't know how much protein I am getting daily because I never keep track of the other proteins I eat. I do like to eat beans, though, as well as nuts/seeds. I try to change things up to keep from getting food boredom.

diamoness

Thanks ladies, .....mixing with a fruit juice is a good idea. Also, I do get protein in from my diet too. I love to eat meat and nuts as well.

Anyone else?

Queenie

I am getting my extra from protien shakes. I mix mine w/half a glass of fruit juice and half a glass of soy milk. Or I make it into a smoothie w/fruit and yogurt.

Cxshortie

I drink a 24oz protein shake in the morning which has about 60 grams of protein and have nuts for a snack. I have the low carb GROW MRP protein powder.

Then for lunch, I have a salad with chicken and then for dinner, I only eat meat so thats probably roughly 150 grams of protein for dinner. I aim for 250 to 300 per day.

I have been following this for about 2.5 months I guess in preparation for a powerlifting meet. I think this has helped me burn fat and build muscle. My nails have grown, but I keep them cut anyway.