Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier is My New Creamy Crack

MissMusic

The sell this at BSS's and CVS and Walgreens...I think :) You don't have to order it online. As far as the ingredient change, well it didn't actually change, the way the ingredients were listed just changed.

That is what I remember her saying, but I didnt know for sure.

blackbarbie986

I believe you are correct, I remember hearing that the PG wasnt listed before but was always in there. Wouldnt be surprised if that was true because the product works the same for me as it always has and I know it def wasn't listed on their old bottles. At first I didn't buy it because I saw the PG in it.

MoHair09

The sell this at BSS's and CVS and Walgreens...I think :) You don't have to order it online. As far as the ingredient change, well it didn't actually change, the way the ingredients were listed just changed.

I got an old bottle and these are the ingredients Pure distilled water,Wheat Germ,Indian hemp,Olive Oil, Balsam,Aloe Vera, Bee Pollen, Silk protein, Bay Laurel, fruit bioflavonoids, Ancient African Herbal Formula

I loved this products too, I was using this in my kids hair to detangle. I sure I wont be buying the new one.. Looking for something else that will do the same thing but on the natural side..

leiah

I've only ever used it on wet hair and it was ok but not great

Today my hair is so dry and frizzy after using protein. It was really bothering me to the point where I wanted to DC but it's too late to air dry before bed
Sprayed some of this on and WOW my hair is so moisturized and my curls are perfect!

virtuenow

I just got this to try out after all the raves, and from some of my favorite hair people. I couldn't find it at any stores and couldn't wait. They have it at hairizonbeauty.com for $7 with free shipping (and sent some nice samples along too). It looks like the ingredients must have changed again. They are as follows:

Ingredients 2011:
Deionized water, Wheat germ extract, aloe vera leaf, cetrimonium bromide, cetyl alcohol, dmdm hydantoin, olive oil, glycerol (vegetable derived), silk amino acid, bay laurel extract, and fragrance

Previous ingredients:

Ingredients posted on lhcf 2009:
Pure Distilled Water, Wheat germ oil, indian hemp, olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk protein, bay laurel, fruit biofalvonoids, anicent african herbal formula

Ingredients posted on lhcf 2010:
Water, propylene glycol, cetearth-20,cetrimonium bromide,wheat germ, indian hemp olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk amino acid, bay laurel, dmdm hydantion, fragrance

MissMusic

I just got this to try out after all the raves, and from some of my favorite hair people. I couldn't find it at any stores and couldn't wait. They have it at hairizonbeauty.com for $7 with free shipping (and sent some nice samples along too). It looks like the ingredients must have changed again. They are as follows:

Ingredients 2011:
Deionized water, Wheat germ extract, aloe vera leaf, cetrimonium bromide, cetyl alcohol, dmdm hydantoin, olive oil, glycerol (vegetable derived), silk amino acid, bay laurel extract, and fragrance

Previous ingredients:

Pure Distilled Water, Wheat germ oil, indian hemp, olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk protein, bay laurel, fruit biofalvonoids, anicent african herbal formula

Water, propylene glycol, cetearth-20,cetrimonium bromide,wheat germ, indian hemp olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk amino acid, bay laurel, dmdm hydantion, fragrance

To be honest it looks like the same basic ingredients with changes in preservatives and fragrance. Not really a different product, but that is just my opinion.

Forever in Bloom

Hi Ladies,

I have searched high and low on a number of online beauty supply stores for the 32 oz container at a good price. But many are charging $8-$12 for shipping.

I know I can get it on the ground at Target or Whole Foods, but I'm cheap. Unless someone gets me a gift card to either place, I don't find it worth getting them from either place.

I discovered hairizon.com!!

They don't have the 32 oz, and as much as I'd like to do better in regards to reducing my carbon footprint by saving on packaging, they had the best deal.

I signed up and received a coupon code for 20% off. They are selling the bodifier for $7.00 and offer free shipping - no minimum amount required.

This is what you get when you Google Taliah Waajid :grin:

Last edited:

virtuenow

are you sure you didn't just get that site from my post right above you?! Just kidding. Yeah, you should go to hairizonbeauty.com, if you just type hairizon.com, the beauty store & taliah products don't show up. It took about 10 days to receive my product, but customer service returned my call promply and said they were on back order.

CORBINS

MissMusic:

I'd like to say THANK YOU for posting this review.
I have been looking far and wide for a product that will leave my braids nice and moisturized, conditioned, and soft without heavy build-up. I got tired of having a greasy neck from braid sprays that have glycerine.

I also love the smell!! I usually have to wash my hair after 2 days because glycerine makes my scalp smell funny, but with this I can go a few more days without any noticable odor from my braids.

I love this product and I will continue using it for a long, long time! Thanks for posting this!

naijamerican

Ingredients 2011:

Previous ingredients:

Whoa!!! The ingredients changed again?! Thanks so much for the heads up! :yep: This is a staple product of mine, too, OP. :yep:

me-T

naw, won't be trying that. it'll be just my luck, it'll become a staple, then you'll have to post the 2012 ingredients.

bravenewgirl87

I have been using Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier since May of last year (I reviewed it on my blog in June), and I have been loving it ever since. At first I used it alone every other day as a moisturizer on dry hair, the moisture it provides lasts a long time so there was no need to apply it daily. Then I used it diluted with water to wet bun and my hair was in heaven. I even moved from Florida to the mid-west, found it in a store in the mid-west and I continue to use it. I have been using it since my current stretch began, as a leave-in conditioner and I have to say I am in LOVE!!! I have several bottles because I do not want to run out (fat chance). I was talking to my sister on the phone about it, because I have her and even have my brothers using it, we were talking about hair and how she needed to restock her products, and we started talking about the Protective Mist Bodifier and I said to her, "Taliah is my New Creamy Crack" :lachen::lachen::lachen:!

I use it regularly now as the leave-in conditioner (I use the motown girl leave-in recipe), and as a result my stretch has been a breeze so far (I am currently 23 weeks post). Of course my whole regimen aids in making my stretch simple, but this product keeps my hair moisturized for days and melts the tangles away which allows my hair styles to last longer.

Just thought I would share :drunk:. If you haven't tried it, you just don't know what you are missing!!!!!!!!

Hey girl, I've been wanting to try this product, too, but for some reason I never got around to it. Thank you for the review. Also, if you ever run out and cannot find it again, lemme know. i see the stuff at a BSS down the street from me.

Addy3010

I just found and bought this at my local target. Can't wait to try it. Mine has the propylene glycol...