Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier Ingredient change!!!

VinDieselsWifey

so i was reading on another hair board that the ingredients have changed for the protective mist. :wallbash: :swearing: :angry2: :gunner7:

why do companies do this??? :cry2: :pullhair:

i LOVED the old formula. :cloud9:

The old ingredients are pure distilled water, wheat germ, indian hemp olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk protein, bay laurel, fruit bioflavonoids, ancient african herbal formula.

The new ingredients are: Water, propylene glycol, cetearth-20,cetrimonium bromide,wheat germ, indian hemp olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk amino acid, bay laurel, dmdm hydantion, fragrance

now if they were just gonna add a preservative or fragrance i wouldn't be mad. but they have added propylene glycol. i don't use that stuff in my hair or skin products. :nono:

i'm gonna have to get my sister to check out our CVS to see if they still have the old formula and stock up for me.

le sigh...

VinDieselsWifey

i know...

i'm mad that Giovanni Direct Leave-In changed it's formula. i haven't tried the new one yet, but i the old formula was a staple.

now Taliah Waajid has done the same thing. this really grinds my gears!!

adw425

I bought a liter size about three months ago and haven't put hardly a dent in it, so it should last me a good long time, but dang I am disappointed in this news. I get mine directly from her shop on Abernathy (it is made in Fayette, GA) which probably still has the old formula. I don't think I will buy the new formula, but go back to the Royal Roots moisture glaze after I am done with this if it hasn't change ingredients as well.

VinDieselsWifey

^^^ i was gonna order the 20 oz size but it was always out of stock on her website. i was reading on another board that some believe that this may be the TRUE formula and just the labels have changed cause they didnt believe she listed the full ingredient list. maybe since the products are being sold at a large retailer she had to list all the ingredients and not just what looks "all natural".

Chameleonchick

I bought a liter size about three months ago and haven't put hardly a dent in it, so it should last me a good long time, but dang I am disappointed in this news. I get mine directly from her shop on Abernathy (it is made in Fayette, GA) which probably still has the old formula. I don't think I will buy the new formula, but go back to the Royal Roots moisture glaze after I am done with this if it hasn't change ingredients as well.

What is Royal Roots Moisture Glaze??

tdwillis

Oh no. I love this stuff too. Since she seems to be a small company maybe someone can ask her why the change of ingredients?

♥Lamaravilla♥

The old ingredients are pure distilled water, wheat germ, indian hemp olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk protein, bay laurel, fruit bioflavonoids, ancient african herbal formula.

The new ingredients are: Water, propylene glycol, cetearth-20,cetrimonium bromide,wheat germ, indian hemp olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk amino acid, bay laurel, dmdm hydantion, fragrance

Maybe the ingredients in the bold are what the ancient African herbal formula consisted of :lol:

chebaby

i have an old bottle that i rarely use. im sure if i needed another bottle my bss would have the old formula lol.

maxineshaw

I was going to post this very thread. I saw the ingredient change on treasuredlocks.com. I'm kind of mad. I wanted to use this product again. Then I thought about switching to Royal Roots Moisture Glaze (which is cheaper and better than the BE PMB IMO). However, I cannot find it locally anymore.

likewtr4chklit

Yeah the bottle I bought a few weeks ago has this in it (womp womp) too bad I didn't read the ingredients on the actual bottle. I was so sure it would be the same as what I read online. I was disappointed.

ctosha

:ohwell: This is my staple leave in,why would they mess with something that was perfect.

My words exactly. I would really like to know the rhyme and reason for companies changes formulas that customers are loving and buying? Makes no blasted sense to me!

Could someone please explain what these new ingredients are? And the damaging effects? Im so mad now I have to go to my bss and stock up on whats left.

naijamerican

Maybe the ingredients in the bold are what the ancient African herbal formula consisted of :lol:

I sincerely believe that you're right about this. :yep: Especially since all the other ingredients are the same.

Now that she's selling in CVS she can't afford to call it an ancient African herbal formula (which I always kinda rolled my eyes at anyway). :lol:

♥Lamaravilla♥

I sincerely believe that you're right about this. :yep: Especially since all the other ingredients are the same.

Now that she's selling in CVS she can't afford to call it an ancient African herbal formula (which I always kinda rolled my eyes at anyway). :lol:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks this.

I think you ladies should try the new formula, you might be pleasantly surprised. Or feel duped, not really sure :ohwell:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center

You and Lamara Both make excellent points.......:yep:

CVS "PHARMACY" prolly rolled their eyes too:lachen: :rolleyes: And made them 'disclose' all the ingredients (including the ancient african ingredients) before they were willing to sell it in their establishments.:rolleyes:

For Allergic reasons and other things.:yep: FDA Rules and all.:look:

chebaby

i just used it on my wet hair and let it dry some. at first my hair was so cold and hard i had to check and make sure there was no glycerin in it. but now my hair is so soft and i am twisting with qhemet heavy cream.

adw425

It is by the same company has slightly different ingredients (and cheaper than the bodifying mist if you are buying the eight ounce spray bottle) but my hair likes it equally.

Pure distilled water, shea butter, herbal extract, olive oil, herbal softeners, ginko nut oil, herbal fragrance, fruit fragrance, indian hemp extract, vitamin E, balsam softeners, silk protein.

What is Royal Roots Moisture Glaze??

Aggie

I just bought 2 bottles with the old formula, thankfully. After this, I'm done with it and will stick with my beloved Alba Botanica and BWC leave-ins:yep:.

Thanks for the heads-up OP.

Ms Lala

Oh no, this is my staple moisturizer. I bought 2 bottles last month and they were the old formula. I'm going to try and order again and see if I get the old formula.

coilynapp

I posted on another forum about this same topic. I thought the ingredients list was questionable a year ago when I started using it. No preservative or emulsifier. Something was missing. I truly believe that there is no "old" or "new" formula, just an old and new label--she is now being honest about what's in the product. If you look at the medicated formula of the mist, the ingredients are exactly the same (without the extra stuff for itches) as the "new" normal formula mist. It's been one product all along, just that now she has to reveal the actual ingredients. NO way you can mix oil and water without an emulsifier and then have no preservative and sell that to people and it doesn't grow mold or separate.
She's being real now. Sucks for us who loved the product. No more TW for me, I'll just use my homemade spritz

Last edited:

LongCurlz

I posted on another forum about this same topic. I thought the ingredients list was questionable a year ago when I started using it. No preservative or emulsifier. Something was missing. I truly believe that there is no "old" or "new" formula, just an old and new label--she is now being honest about what's in the product. If you look at the medicated formula of the mist, the ingredients are exactly the same (without the extra stuff for itches) as the "new" normal formula mist. It's been one product all along, that nojust w she has to reveal the actual ingredients. NO way you can mix oil and water without an emulsifier and then have no preservative and sell that to people and it doesn't grow mold or separate.
She's being real now. Sucks for us who loved the product. No more TW for me, I'll just use my homemade spritz
Wow I feel duped, is it legal to withhold ingredients? I wonder how many other so called "natural" hair product companies withhold there ingredients:sad:

JerriBlank

Wow I feel duped, is it legal to withhold ingredients? I wonder how many other so called "natural" hair product companies withhold there ingredients:sad:

I believe that Aubrey Organics does the same thing,if i'm not mistaken.
I read a thread here where their ingredient list varies depending on which country you purchase it in due to different countries' rules:perplexed

coilynapp

is propylene glycol really used in antifreeze?
yes, but that doesn't mean it's bad. E.g., candelilla wax is used in wood floor polish/varnish, as well as in hair products. Propylene glycol is also used in toothpaste, other cosmetics, food and medicines. It's a pretty good humectant. It's not toxic. It's used in anti-freeze because of it's high freezing point and low toxicity especially when anti-freeze is needed in things that are likely to come in contact with food-e.g., your water pipes at home.

I'm not completely sure what the regulations are about ingredients and labeling, but I think companies are not required to release all their ingredients under some circumstances e.g., protecting trade secrets. That's why some companies can say "preservative" or "coconut fatty acid base" and it be ok. Again, I don't have any tangible info on this

Ms Lala

I posted on another forum about this same topic. I thought the ingredients list was questionable a year ago when I started using it. No preservative or emulsifier. Something was missing. I truly believe that there is no "old" or "new" formula, just an old and new label--she is now being honest about what's in the product. If you look at the medicated formula of the mist, the ingredients are exactly the same (without the extra stuff for itches) as the "new" normal formula mist. It's been one product all along, just that now she has to reveal the actual ingredients. NO way you can mix oil and water without an emulsifier and then have no preservative and sell that to people and it doesn't grow mold or separate.

If this is the case I'm going to keep using it. This is the first moisturize I've found that my hair loves. I don't put it on my scalp anyway. I guess I'll order again and see if my hair responds the same way.

CoutureMe06

I used this when I had braids. I liked it a lot. The ingredients were of the new formula change so I'm not sure how long it has been out. I bought my bottle in February.