tw mist bodyfier, yay or nay

whats ur oppinion??

• Total voters

L.Brown1114

ok so iv been getting rave reviews on this product but not so much the ingredients. idk if the ingredients only matter if applied to the scalp (which im not going to do) or they are bad period. iv heard they "changed" the ingredients aka finally tell the truth. how harmful is it??

Water, Propylene Glycol, Cetearth-20, Cetrimonium Bromide, Wheat Germ, Indian Hemp Seed Oil, Olive Oil, Aloe Vera, Bee Pollen, Silk Amino Acid, Bay Laurel, DMDM, Hydantoin, Fragrance

Last edited:

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I voted yes, but I own the "old" formula which has different ingredients (there's not one bad thing listed). It works well but I will not repurchase it.

L.Brown1114

bump!! i know there are a lot more users and i saw a thread about this...i really need to know so i can buy today come on ladies

LovelyNaps26

i'm not a huge fan b/c i feel like it didn't add enough moisture to my 4a/4b hair. i think i will use it in the kimmaytube concoction everyone is talking about. hopefully i'll come up with light moisturizer that i can put in a spritz bottle.

L.Brown1114

i'm not a huge fan b/c i feel like it didn't add enough moisture to my 4a/4b hair. i think i will use it in the kimmaytube concoction everyone is talking about. hopefully i'll come up with light moisturizer that i can put in a spritz bottle.

i just bought all the ingredients for that leave in, are you going to use it as a leave in or a moisturizer??

PinkAngel

Can you elaborate? TIA

Loves Harmony

I would try in add more water to the mist...

nikki2229

My bottle has these ingredients and I think it is pretty decent> I diluted mine with water as it was way too thick.

Ingredients: Pure Distilled Water, Wheat germ oil, indian hemp, olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk protein, bay laurel, fruit biofalvonoids, anicent african herbal formula

L.Brown1114

My bottle has these ingredients and I think it is pretty decent> I diluted mine with water as it was way too thick.

Ingredients: Pure Distilled Water, Wheat germ oil, indian hemp, olive oil, balsam, aloe vera, bee pollen, silk protein, bay laurel, fruit biofalvonoids, anicent african herbal formula

yea but those ingredients dont have the ones i bolded in the OP :perplexed

coilynapp

ok so iv been getting rave reviews on this product but not so much the ingredients. idk if the ingredients only matter if applied to the scalp (which im not going to do) or they are bad period. iv heard they "changed" the ingredients aka finally tell the truth. how harmful is it??

Water, Propylene Glycol, Cetearth-20, Cetrimonium Bromide, Wheat Germ, Indian Hemp Seed Oil, Olive Oil, Aloe Vera, Bee Pollen, Silk Amino Acid, Bay Laurel, DMDM, Hydantoin, Fragrance

red=solubizer--cosmetic ingredients review (CIR) declares it safe, but not for damaged skin
magenta= emulsifier, conditioner, reduces static and combing forces
green= formaldehyde-donor preservative. cosidered safe to use in cosmetics, but many people avoid this ingredient altogether bec. of formaldehyde

I used to the the tw bodifier, would water it down. worked well. I still don't believe that she changed any ingredients, just that now that she went more commercial (i.e. CVS stores), she had to reveal all ingredients. The product looks the same. And before, the ingredients stated no emulsifier or preservative when anyone who knows about basic chemistry (and making cosmetics) would know that oil and water don't mix without an emulsifier and you need a preservative when water is involved. I think she was hiding some ingredients under "fragrance" legally, you can do this with ingredients that are less than 1%. I'm not saying this is definitely what she did, but she was sure hiding something.

my :twocents:

crumbling_images

I'm no longer an ingredient snob. If a product works for my hair, I will use it. Period. I like almost all of TW products. Natural or otherwise.

L.Brown1114

red=solubizer--cosmetic ingredients review (CIR) declares it safe, but not for damaged skin
magenta= emulsifier, conditioner, reduces static and combing forces
green= formaldehyde-donor preservative. cosidered safe to use in cosmetics, but many people avoid this ingredient altogether bec. of formaldehyde

I used to the the tw bodifier, would water it down. worked well. I still don't believe that she changed any ingredients, just that now that she went more commercial (i.e. CVS stores), she had to reveal all ingredients. The product looks the same. And before, the ingredients stated no emulsifier or preservative when anyone who knows about basic chemistry (and making cosmetics) would know that oil and water don't mix without an emulsifier and you need a preservative when water is involved. I think she was hiding some ingredients under "fragrance" legally, you can do this with ingredients that are less than 1%. I'm not saying this is definitely what she did, but she was sure hiding something.

my :twocents:

thanks for the breakdown! im scared of formaldehyde because i heard it causes cancer. i dont need my hair moisturized that badly :nono:

levone

I love this, it's a stable for both my daughter (5 yrs old) and myself. However, I'm not really a big ingredient scanner, just normally go by how our hair reacts to the product.

Sometimes I'll add water to stretch it a little as it is very concentrated..that doesn't seem to affect the performance at all.

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I love this stuff! but I must have the old formula, mine dosen't have propylene glycol or the bolded ingredients. And a little does goes a long way, I dilute it to about 1/3 strength and it works really well :yep: