Taking out these Darn Braids!!!

Radianthealth

I have had these braids in my hair for 2 months and it feels like two years. I am taking them out tonight so that I can do some intense conditioning of my hair before my relaxer in May. In May I will be at 6 months post. I think I will wear my Afro phony pony to hold me over until my next relaxer.

I will document the whole thing in my album to show how I take out my braids effortlessly.:D

preciousjewel76

trimbride said:
I have had these braids in my hair for 2 months and it feels like two years. I am taking them out tonight so that I can do some intense conditioning of my hair before my relaxer in May. In May I will be at 6 months post. I think I will wear my Afro phony pony to hold me over until my next relaxer.

I will document the whole thing in my album to show how I take out my braids effortlessly.:D

Good luck! Did you put the braids in yourself? I can't remember if you mentioned that before....

(I'm stalking all of the self-braiders, LOL:look: )

Radianthealth

I braid my own hair. The way I learned was by getting my hair professionally braided and then unbraiding and rebraiding the braid the way the professional had done it. I wait a few weeks so the hair can crimp and keep a pattern, this pattern helps you to rebraid and figure out how the braider did her loop.

www.growafrohairlong.com

There are also tips on this website on how to put in braids. I don't use the same method as Robin, but her site should be helpful

BTW I love your french roll in your siggy. I might try doing that for two weeks.

I am off to try to figure out how to french roll my hair:confused:

newflowers

I so understand - I don't know how you made 2 months. I have to take my out every two weeks and take a few days rest before I put them back in. Five months later with three months to go... I hope I can make it. I am soooooooooooo tired of braids.

Enjoy the scratch and the wash - they're such great feelings after being braided.

SvelteVelvet

Talk about it! I've had mine in 2 months, feels like two years and I can't wait to get touched up tomorrow, I tried to stick to the C&G. I was suppose to leave these in until the end of May..not happening. And I'm probably not going to rebraid for a while either. I should put failed next to my C&G plan in my siggy in big red letters.

With my braids it's a tedious one by one process and I'm getting help. When I used to braid my hair myself all the time, I don't know how I did it, but I would just be able to hold my NG and slip that braid right out! And they'd stay put the whole time they were in but when I'd take em out, took me about 20 min's top. That's the only thing I miss about self-braiding.

Radianthealth

Yeah, It had been a long time since I had braids and I was starting to miss them a lot....I am over it, I want to see my own hair and I want to condition it, and moisturize it, and sing it to sleep at night, and treat it like a baby again:lol:

preciousjewel76

trimbride said:
I braid my own hair. The way I learned was by getting my hair professionally braided and then unbraiding and rebraiding the braid the way the professional had done it. I wait a few weeks so the hair can crimp and keep a pattern, this pattern helps you to rebraid and figure out how the braider did her loop.

www.growafrohairlong.com

There are also tips on this website on how to put in braids. I don't use the same method as Robin, but her site should be helpful

BTW I love your french roll in your siggy. I might try doing that for two weeks.

I am off to try to figure out how to french roll my hair:confused:

Thanks! I've been all up in Ms. Robin's site learning about braid care. I got the Braids by Breslin DVD, too. I'm going to attempt some kinky twists sometime next month.

Girl, if I can pull off a French roll, anybody can. I'm exceedingly "hairstyle challenged":look: . You just need some pins, some practice, and a mirror.